Just Recipes!

A mim a day should be enough but it all depends on the person, some tolerate the flax better than others, see how you go. Don't overdo it though as it can have the opposite effect if you have too much. A mim a day seems to be ok for me (or a bowl of mim porridge instead). HTH.

last night made a pie thingy, was yum!

cooked some mince with onions, herbs etc, kept it quite dry in texture. added some fresh baby spinach leaves at the end.
sliced some aubergines and courgettes, and griddles them in some olive oil.
then layered that up in an oven dish.
sprinkled generously with cheese'
mixed a beaten egg, some may and some dble cream, poured it over the top, then put it in the oven for 20 mins to crisp the topping.
served with buttered cabbage.

now, i served this up to the non atkins peeps too, and we all enjoyed it.

last night made a pie thingy, was yum!

cooked some mince with onions, herbs etc, kept it quite dry in texture. added some fresh baby spinach leaves at the end.
sliced some aubergines and courgettes, and griddles them in some olive oil.
then layered that up in an oven dish.
sprinkled generously with cheese'
mixed a beaten egg, some may and some dble cream, poured it over the top, then put it in the oven for 20 mins to crisp the topping.
served with buttered cabbage.

now, i served this up to the non atkins peeps too, and we all enjoyed it.

The cheese burger pie topping is nice on any mince based dinner

Mince is so versatile, you can do all sorts with it. :)

Hi,
I bought some chicory at the weekend and was going to wrap it in bacon and cover with cheese sauce.
Just wondering if anyone has had this or has other ideas on what to do with them.
Oh and what does it taste like?

Hi Julz, I like chicory, but you may find it a marmite thing, it's quite hot, bitter and spicy thing for me.

Does anyone have an idea for a teriyaki style marinade for chicken?? I used to cut chicken breast into cubes and leave it overnight in soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger. I think that would all be okay except the honey, but it's the honey that made it stick.

would it work with xanthum gum do you think?

Hmm, I don't know as I've never used it. I'd still need something to add a touch of sweetness to it. Any other marinade ideas welcome, as long as they're induction friendly and not spicy.

ah well, can't help you there, I love hot and spicy. :)

I bought a zero (apparently tho not sure I believe it) maple syrup from the low carb megastore website, maybe this could work - it's v.sticky

Ooh thats a good idea. Dh has been pooh poohing the idea of no sugar maple syrup - but using in marinades sounds great!

For OWL

GINGER CHICKEN CURRY

Ingredients :
1kg pack of boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 thumb size piece of fresh ginger ( peeled & finely chopped
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 tsp mild chilli powder
15g pack fresh coriander, chopped
juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp sunflower oil
2 medium onions
1 tsp ground turmeric
400ml can reduced fat coconut milk
1 fresh red chill, deseeded and sliced
1 chicken stock cube

Method

1 ) Slice each chicken thigh into 2 or 3 large chunks, then put in a bowl with the ginger, garlic, chilli powder, half the coriander, lime juice and 1 tbsp of the oil. Stir well, then cover and leave in the fridge to marinate until ready to cook. For the best flavour, do this in the morning or, better still, the night before.
2 ) Peel and quarter the onions then very finely chop them in a food processor, for a curry you want the onion really fine. Heat the remaining oil in a wok or large frying pan, then add the onion and stir fry for about 8 mins until soft. Stir in the turmeric and cook for 1 min more, stirring well.
3 ) Tip in the chicken mixture with the marinade and cook over a high heat until the chicken changes colour. Pour in the coconut milk, add the chilli and stock, then cover and simmer for 20 mins until the chicken is tender. Stir in the remaining coriander, then serve.

My latest concoction - cooked cauli, chopped finely in the pan with butter and black pepper, corned beef crumbled in and well mixed, put into dish and sprinkled with mozarella and nuked or grilled as you see fit. Yummy :)

I meant to post one when I had nuked it but it was in my mouth before I remembered lol

Attachments

• food glorious food 006.jpg
    food glorious food 006.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 154
Back