Just Recipes!

butter chicken

cant take the credit , from low carb gourmet book , delicious!!
serves 4
2.7g carbs per serving

2tbsp vegetable oil
685 g boneless chicken breasts
2 tbsp tandoori paste
180ml whipping cream
1tbsp butter
2tbsp toasted almonds (optional)

heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium -high heat. Add the chicken and brown until almost cooked through.
stir in the tandoori paste then the cream. simmer for 5 minutes or until the cream is slightly thickened. stir in the butter and garnish with the almonds if using.

Last edited:
nut butter - frosted brownies

again from the low carb gourmet book.
makes 24 brownies
2.8g carbs each brownie

BROWNIES
3 lg eggs
115g melted unsalted butter
60 ml water
3 tbsp soured cream
8 tbsp splenda
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
45g finely ground almonds
75g fine oatmeal
30g cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder

FROSTING
30g unsweetened chocolate
1tbsp natural peanut butter
40ml whipping cream
4 tbsp splenda

preheat oven to 180c/350f/gas 4
butter a 9 by 9 inch baking tin.

to make the brownies;
beat eggs until light and fluffy, add the butter,water ,soured cream,sweetner and vanilla. beat until combined.
in a bowl mix the almonds, oatmeal, cocoa and baking powder, then add to egg mixture. beat until well blended and pour batter into baking tin.
bake for 25 min . until the top is firm. let cool on a wire rack.

to make frosting;
melt chocolate in bowl , stir in peanut butter until melted then stir in the cream and sweetner, poor over the cooled brownies and spread evenly, set before cutting .

Meat Loaf.

1. Ingredients.
1lb cheap fatty mince beef.
2 medium Onions.
2 Eggs
Fresh Parsley.
Worcester & Ketchup
Loaf Tin

2. Preparation and Cooking.

Finely chop the Onions.
Ditto the parsley.
place into mixing vessel.
Add Eggs
Squeeze of Ketchup
Couple shakes Worcester
season with salt and pepper to taste.
Mix thoroughly.

Place into loaf tin. Cover with baking foil.
Remove foil when 5 minutes left.

Cook for 1 hour at 180.

Remove from Oven.

There should be load of lovely liquid from this. I usually pour it into a pan and reduce it a bit and use it as the gravy.

Turn out onto a serving plate and there you go.

What Oven mark please Jim, Jim?

Woofy X

Cook for 1 hour at 180.

If your talking Gas I have no idea woofy, we have one of those fan assisted things.

I just googled it, it says between Gas Mark 4 and 5.

Chilli Lamb Burgers

500g lamb mince
1/4 of an onion chopped
1 egg
Chilli flakes or fresh chilli - as much as suits you
Salt and pepper to taste

Put the whole lot in a bowl and mix together. Shape into burger patties and grill on a health grill or under the grill until cooked. I cook them on the health grill for about 5 mins. Lovely!!!

This makes enough for 3 meals for me.

I think I would have to rename them Chilli with a bit of lamb burgers for you Jim!!!

Going to be trying the butter chicken when I am off my shakes Sukie Sue, that sounds like pure heaven to me!!!

That's true love. :D

I think I would have to rename them Chilli with a bit of lamb burgers for you Jim!!!

Going to be trying the butter chicken when I am off my shakes Sukie Sue, that sounds like pure heaven to me!!!
oh it is sarah , was so rich felt quite'naughty' lol

I think we know that woofy ;)

Going to try paprikash tomorrow. Any thoughts on what I could include instead of celery???

Curly Kale and bacon bits

Ingredients

A few handfuls of Curly Kale
A handful of pancetta, or bacon bits
A spring onion
Salt, pepper to taste

Method

Fry the bacon bits with the chopped fine spring onion whilst the chopped kale is boiling (for 5 mins). Drain the kale, and throw it into the pan and mix it all up. Fling it on a warm plate, and much happy knowing it is very low carb (ok for induction).

TT I've done something like that but with spring cabbage instead of Kale. Sounds really good.

Going to try paprikash tomorrow. Any thoughts on what I could include instead of celery

You could try the white bits of Pak Choi Sarah

You could try the white bits of Pak Choi Sarah

I wondered about trying that. Have that in the fridge so will give that a go. Thanks as always.

It won't have the same taste I suppose, but at least it's the right texture and consistency love.

Back