Just Recipes!

they are jim. but i'm afraid i'm not a recipe person. i do things and count as i go, so i'm sorry if they aren't that helpful.

Oh I'm the same abz, I rarely make the same meal twice. LOL

same here Laura

I made a really nice casserole the other night with everything in my fridge that needed using up. Did enough for 4 good size portions. Came down yesterday morning and the casserole dish was empty. It wasn't in the bin or the fridge so when I texted OH to ask where it was he said 'in my belly'. Oh well at least I know I dont have to cook us separate meals!

ha. oops!! i'd go mad if i'd done that. i have to specify what OH can't touch :D

saying that, he makes that cottage pie and he eats rather a lot of it :D

Colleen is well aware that nothing in the fridge is safe from unless it's illegal. :)

No abz, *SHE* is a skinny minni, always has been love.

Last edited:
She's a pretty lady Jim :) Lovely eyes...

Wish i could shove my head in that huge icecream... have craved icecream for over a week now..

Hi All, Got a yummy scrummy sauce recipe for chicken/fish (in fact I guess it would work with most meats)

Serves 2

1 onion diced
Handful of mushrooms sliced
150ml Double Cream
200 ml chicken/veg stock
Taragon

1. Add 1 tbl spoon of oil to a pan
2. Brown off the onions and mushrooms
3. Add 200mls of chicken or veg stock
4. Simmer until reduced by half
5. Add 150ml of double cream and 2 teaspoons of taragon, stir until mixture is even leave to simmer gently until sause is heated through.

it an easy peasy sauce and it tastes devine!

MMMMMMM, sounds really nice Trixi, I'll give that a go.

Thanks

That advert on the telly with the chicken breast stuffed with Philadelphia (other soft cheeses are available) and wrapped in pancetta looks good.
I'm just trying the recipes that you long-termers probably know - I've just made the muffin in a minute, left out the butter and added a bit more Splenda and some cocoa powder (which increases carbs a little) and it's fab!!

Just experimenting now with the muffin in a mug - left out the Splenda and cocoa and added some herbs then sliced it and toasted it, spread with a bit of butter while still hot - lovely!!
I guess the next step will be trying to turn it into garlic bread...

I never got on too well with the muffins :( Guess i'm just a bit rubbish really. And i often do the stuffed chicken thing, really filling and not many carbs. I slice a chicken breast lengthways, stuff it with grated cheddar, mature is better and then wrap with normal cheap bacon. Stick it in tinfoil then bake in over for about 30mins. Yum. I usually have it with buttery celeriac mash.

I'm going to try the flax muffin cooked flat and used as a pizza base - I'm on hols in Cyprus at the moment, reading the Atkins for Life book by the pool thinking about what I'm going to get stuck into when I come back!

So many great recipes, thanks so much really helps newbies like me get started!!

Jim we have your meatloaf in the oven (cant wait!) :)

LOL, so how was it Cherry?

Smashing Jim, really good, had it with some broc/cauli was delish! Even the old man liked it 'No thanks love, I dont want any of your diet stuff'. Soon turned to 'that smells nice' .... 'that looks nice'.... lol and he had a great big bit!

Thanks again :)

Back