Just Recipes!

My celeb chef crush - James Martin (yes I know he is a guy but he just does it for me - must be all that butter he slaps on everything lol)

we have pigs in blankets every year, full size ones. My absolute favourite.

Pizza recipe I got from somewhere on the web. I can't take credit for it - but I can tell you I made it many, many times. Cut it up into slices and froze it. Pizza and salad for lunch was a quick easy meal that was fantastic!

DEEP DISH PIZZA
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 ounce (I used the kind in a can)
1/4 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 ounces Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup pizza sauce
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Assorted toppings: pepperoni, ham, sausage, 4 ounce can mushrooms, green peppers, bacon, ground beef, etc.
Dash of garlic pepper or garlic powder and some Italian seasoning for top of pizza

In a medium bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Whisk in eggs until mixture is well-blended and smooth. Add the parmesan and seasonings, then stir in the 8 ounces of mozzarella until completely moistened. Spread cheese mixture evenly in a well-greased 9x13" glass baking dish or lightly greased and lined with parchment paper (see note below). Bake at 375º 20-25 minutes or until evenly browned, but not too dark. Let cool completely on a wire rack. When nearly cooled, take a metal spatula and carefully pry up the edges to loosen from pan. Ease the spatula under the whole crust to loosen. Keep crust in the pan. This makes it easier to remove the finished pizza later. Refrigerate, uncovered, until shortly before serving time.

Spread chilled crust with pizza sauce, then cheese and toppings of your choice. Lightly sprinkle with seasonings of your choice. Bake at 375º about 15-20 minutes or until toppings are bubbly. Let stand a few minutes before cutting.

Makes 8 servings

Per Serving: 304 Calories; 25g Fat; 17g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

We've just tried this & it's lush & so much easier than the cauliflower malarky :D:D

Thanks for trying that Sharon sounds good might give it a go!

Pancakes - not sure if this has been posted but they're super easy to make (and eat)!

1/2 cup of ground almonds
1 egg
1 tbs splenda (or equivalent)

Mix together add some water to your preferred consistency (ie runnier for crepes or thicker for proper pancake)
Fry with a little oil in non stick pan
Eat

Should make about 4 pancakes with that and carbs roughly 1.5 per pancake.

Almond cake.

4 medium eggs
11 tbsp of splenda
225g ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder

Heat oven to 170c. Grease and line an 8in tin
Seperate the eggs so you have white's in one bowl, yolks in another.
Add splenda to the egg yolks and beat until it becomes a paler colour.
Next you whisk your egg white until they are stiff.
Add the egg whites to the yolk mixture, gently folding to combine.
Finally add almonds and baking powder, folding everything until well mixed.
Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for 35-40 mins
When cooked, leave for 20 mins to cool, then run a knife around the sides of the tin, turn the tin upside down over a wire rack and shake it so the cake pops out.

This is excellent with a big dollop of cream :)

I'm making it tonight to check total carbs and portions sizes. I found it in my kids cookbook, just changed the sugar to splenda. Will also take a picture to show results.

I hope this photo uploads as i'm using my phone which is also why it's not great quaility.
Total carbs: 26.5g
Per 1/4: 6.5g
Per 1/8: 3.5g

I must say it was delish! Definitely making this again.

Attachments

• Image0123.jpg
    Image0123.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 102
Looks delicious Susan. :)

Mmmmm cake! Just made the pasanda listed on here - gorgeous!!!! Only prob was that my yoghurt split, any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Not sure, haven't really tried cooking with yog but didn't want to read and run. Did you have the heat too high? Only thing I can think of really.

Back