Just Recipes!

Yay! That's very do-able. If I ever see the inside of a supermarket again I'll get some. Thanks Susie.

I have an ugly old celeriac in the veg drawer, so I might have a new year treat!

Here's a nice breakfast recipe that's quick to make. Serves 2 (in theory)

Dice:

One avocado
One medium tomato
4oz Emmental

Take one or two slices of red onion and chop finely, sprinkle on top.

11tbsps! I didn't think there was that much in a whole box of splenda. Really looks lovely though, want to make it

Almond cake.

4 medium eggs
11 tbsp of splenda
225g ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder

Heat oven to 170c. Grease and line an 8in tin
Seperate the eggs so you have white's in one bowl, yolks in another.
Add splenda to the egg yolks and beat until it becomes a paler colour.
Next you whisk your egg white until they are stiff.
Add the egg whites to the yolk mixture, gently folding to combine.
Finally add almonds and baking powder, folding everything until well mixed.
Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for 35-40 mins
When cooked, leave for 20 mins to cool, then run a knife around the sides of the tin, turn the tin upside down over a wire rack and shake it so the cake pops out.

This is excellent with a big dollop of cream :)

2 favorite nibblies from b4 - therefore should be good for entertaining non atkiners

Parmesan Parma Ham sticks
Ingredients
Block parmesan or Grana Padano Riserva cheese
Packet of parma ham

Method
Cut cheese into sticks and wrap with ham
Voila!

Parmesan & artichoke dip
Ingredients
Half tin artichoke hearts
About 10g parmesan grated
About 4 tsp creme frais/sour cream
squeeze of lemon juice

Method
Stuff everything in a blender and whizz til smooth. Play with the proportions to taste.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the dip recipe - sound lovely Katie.

Made celeriac chips this evening and they are totally yum. Will deffo be doing them again. One small portion each was about 4g carbs, and so totally worth it! :D

Been pottering through my favorite recipes at home to find the best ones. Here's one we used for lunch today and pretty flexible:

Avocado and Boursin Sauce with X

Ingredients:
X - 2 tins of prawns or frozen (original), chicken, turkey, anything else you fancy
4 leeks, sliced
300g Boursin
1 avocado
6 small tomatoes (leave out for induction)
2 glasses dry white wine or stock

Method
Saute the leeks till soft.
If X needs cooking either add and cook now or cook separately
Add wine, stir in boursin & allow to melt over low heat
Stir in prawns, avocado & toms & heat gently
Serve

Notes:
Original recipe was with pasta
Today we had turkey and no leeks or toms - still yummy
Think it would make a great fish sauce
Just discovered that left over sauce makes a scrummy dip!

Last edited:
Need some help please- trying to adapt all my fave recipes plus have guests next weekend so want to be ready. I have great chicken recipe with lemon, ginger, soy, fennel etc but I need to be able to thinken the sauce up. Would normally usually cornstarch - what are best alternatives that are easy to use. Once i have tested will post whole recipe for all!

Thanks

Yes it is, have made some celery soup today and used it for the first time in the soup (tried it in gravy before but think I used too much lol - one slice or two???) and it has made all the difference, just add a bit at at time till you get the consistency you need. I added it after it had finished cooking and had cooled a bit as I was blending it, if that helps.

Thanks folks - will test wallpaper paste...I mean x gum and report back!

I was going to suggest xanthan gum too. I use it, but beware you need to add it sparingly otherwise you'll end up with wallpaper paste like Bren did!

I mix a very small amount in just before it comes to the boil, but yes, use sparingly.

That's where I got it, same place as the flaxmeal, the Geeks, Freaks and weirdo's aisle love.

I found a couple of recipes in the newest Good Food mag that I thought would make lovely meals/sides on Atkins. I'll start typing now, but may not finish today!

Green Sauce.

Serve 4 - Prep 10 mins - No Cook

large handful fresh mint
large handful fresh coriander
1 tbsp capers
2 tsp Dijon mustard
4 anchovy fillets
200ml/7fl oz extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1/2 lemon

1 Put all the ingredients into a blender and whizz until smooth. It should be runny but substantial.
2 Transfer to a sealable jar and store in the fridge.

Flash-fried courgettes with green sauce

Serves 4 - Prep 5 mins - Cook 5 mins

700g/1lb 9oz courgettes
3 garlic cloves
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
drizzle of Green Sauce (see above)

1 Slice the courgettes on the diagonal about 1cm thick. Finely chop the garlic.
2. Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan. Add the courgettes and cook fast until they start to brown (about 4 mins). Add the garlic 1 min before serving. Toss vigorously. Season well.
3 Drizzle with Green Sauce and serve immediately.

Broccoli with garlic, cashew nuts and chilli

Serves 4 - Prep 5 mins - Cook 10 mins

500g/1lb 2oz broccoli
3 garlic cloves
2 fresh red chillies
2tbsp rapeseed oil or groundnut oil
small handful cashews
good splash of light soy sauce
1 lime, cut into quarters

1 Cut the broccoli into medium-sized florets and steam them lightly over boiling water so that they are partly cooked.
2 Finely slice the garlic and chillies. Put them into a large frying pan over a medium heat with the oil and fry until starting to soften.
3 Add the cashews and broccoli and stir well, so that everything is coated with oil and garlic.
4 Add the soy sauce, cover with a lid and cook for a further 2 mins.
5 Finish with a squeeze of lime.

Back