Just Recipes!

KEBAB MEAT!!!!!!!

1 tsp plain flour (im not going to use this)
1 tsp oregano
half tsp dried itailain herbs (but i used cheap mixed herbs)
half tsp garlic powder
half tsp onion powder
quarter tsp cayenne pepper (but i used morrisons cheaper chilli powder)
1 tsp salt
half tsp pepper (which i didnt use cos aint got none)
500g lean mince lamb (fatty mince for us atkinsers)

mixed all together (best with a food processer to make smooth)

put in loaf tin (it wont fill it)

cook on 180 degrees or gas mark 4 in middle of the oven for 1hr 20mins turning over half way through, once done slice thinly and serve.... its very yummy :) xx

borrowed from a friend :D

another cauliflower resype!

Saw this on twitter.. tried it.. BLOODY LOVELY!.. the mint is a real delight!... I didn't put so much chicken stock.. just enough to make it mushy.

1 Head cauliflower, chopped
1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
4 Tbsp. olive oil
Pinch of fresh mint, chopped ( optional) USE FRESH!!
Small amount of shredded or grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Bring cauliflower to a boil.
2. Lower temperature and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Drain completely.
4. Mash cauliflower in glass bowl. *I WOULD ADD BUTTER HERE! YUMMO
5. Blend in chicken stock.
6. Add a pinch of mint or grated cheese. (optional)
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve hot.

no. I just used fresh mint.. but I added a dollop of cream and some butter.. really LOVELY.. (actually it was even really nice without the cream and butter..!!)..

** and HI!!.. :)

Just made spinach & cheese gratin from Rose Elliot's low carb veggie book. My first low carb meal with salmon & was so simple & good. It was,

10oz spinach
3oz Boursin
4oz grated cheese

method: mix spinach & Boursin with half the cheese in casserole dish. Cover with remaining cheese & cook on gas mark 4, 180 degrees for 25 mins.

I found it was quite rich so added some English mustard which was so good. I used frozen spinach & pressed into sieve to remove extra water.

AA

I have used paneer for the first time today, made a curry for tomorrow with a small leek and a courgette diced up. Pataks madras paste and some cooking water from the savoy to make the stock. Chucked in the leftover savoy after dinner tonight. Will let you know how it tastes!

ive been having mega cravings for shortbread :( doesnt help that isobelle brings lunchboxes full of it home from grandmas.

has anyone tried a low carb version?
like with soyaflour and splenda?

anyone think it would work?

I remember reading about kebab meat recipe the other day and saw some minced lamb in asda today and bought it with this in mind...cant wait to try it!

biscuity type things,

ok so thought i would try making shortbread.... didnt quite work buyt still managed to make a biscuity type thingy.

i was bored so i softened up a block of butter with 2 teaspoons splenda..

then beat in 8 scoops of vanilla atkins shake mix (which is 2 shakes worth so 6g net carbs.)

teaspoon of baking powder

and into a shallow tray lined with baking paper.

gas mark 5 for about 15 mins

took it out and it was bubbling but sticky.

into the fridge for an hour.

and it set like a sort of fudgy biscuit. very vanillaery snd sweet with a bit of a crunch. ive broken it up into biscuit size pieces and just had two with some choco hazlenut spread on.

not bad...sorted out my biscuit cravings.

Ok - few recipes from DH, taste tested by me :D

Creme un-brulee (2 servings, 4 carbs each - but worth it)
------------------------
Ingredients:
2 egg yolks
150 ml cream
1-2 tsp vanilla extract

Method:
Heat cream and vanilla until boiling. Whisk yolks. Pour in cream mix stirring continously.
Pour into 2 ramekins and put them in an shallow oven dish with boiling water half way up ramekins.
Place in oven and bake at 150c for 40 mins
Chill for several hours

These are very rich - might split into smaller servings to cut the carbs but you dont want them too shallow

Chocolate mousse (2 servings, approx 2.5 carbs each)
-----------------------
ingredients:
2 egg whites whisked until stiff
2 pieces of Lindt 90% dark cocoa excellence
35ml cream

Method:
Melt chocolate. Mix with cream. Fold egg whites into chocolate mix with a metal spoon.
Put into 2 small coffee cups. Chill for 2-3 hours

Again rich - every mouthful gorgeous :)

This thread is great and I would like to say thankyou to all who have contributed. From someone who initially struggled with Atkins because of lack of variety (as I dont eat a lot of meat etc) I have found some fantastic recipes that have given me the variety I need and have helped me carry on (successfully)
Thanks all x

Cheat's cheesecake

Base

- 100g golden linseed, ground
- 75g butter, melted
- 3-4 tblsp no carb maple syrup

Mix together and push into ramekins or plastic dishes that you don't mind eating out of. Chill for several hours.

Topping

- 250g cream cheese (I used Tescos - 6 carbs the pack)
- 4 sachets splenda (max 4 carbs)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence

Mix and place on top of base. Chill - and then enjoy!

Very filling, and very scrumptious.

The whole recipe has 10.7 carbs - so divided by 4 gives you about 2 1/2 carbs per serving.

that creme brulee recipe sounds awesome! do you think I could get away with it in induction? x

Courgette & Mint Soup (from WW)

Since this contains little to no protein, I usually add a large dollop of fromage frais in the middle, which also adds a lovely creamy taste. You could also eat some slices/pieces of meat during the same meal.

Serves 4 (nice big bowls!)

1 large onion, chopped finely
1kg courgettes, chopped roughly
1.2 lt vegetable stock
Bunch of fresh mint, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook onion in a large non-stick pan for approx 5 mins until softened, adding a little water to prevent it from sticking if necessary.

Add courgettes, stock, seasoning and mint. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 mins until courgettes are tender.

Liquidise soup in batches, using either a blender or hand blender, then return to the pan to warm through.

stole this from lovely Dukanner :D thankyou!!!!!

transatlanticisam said:
that creme brulee recipe sounds awesome! do you think I could get away with it in induction? x

I would recommend you dont have on your first 2 weeks induction when you need to be strict. I have stayed on induction but more relaxed and carb counting as im in for the long haul. Then i split one with dh and it was delish:)

Chocolate mousse ... you CAN have on induction!! hahahah!.. YUM

Ok it's not as rich or as thick.. but it works for me.

4 tablespoons of double cream whipped
3 tablespoons of ATKINS DARK CHOCOLATE Shake (all phases!)... you see where this is going! :))
1 packet of splenda
sprinkle of cinnamon (if ya like)

Fold the atkins shake into the double cream add the splenda and cinnamon to taste.
I froze half and ate the other half as a very light mousse.
YUM!

Back