Just Recipes!

thanks kat1e - my two week induction finished on friday but i think i'm gonna stay on as i'm in it for the long haul, too.
maybe i'll make some this week! can't wait! x

Steak Rouladen

Ingredients.
Thinly cut 8Oz Steak, you need to be able to roll it like pastry,
1 Pkt bacon lardons
2 X Glass Red wine
1 small onion
Knob of butter
Garlic

Method
1. Fry the onions and lardons in some garlic butter, not too well done just lightly sauteed.
2. spread the steak out and put the lardon/onion on one end, roll the steak up and secure the ends, I just use some cocktail sticks, fry the steak for a while and then pour in the red wine gravy cover and simmer for 10 minutes.

I make my red wine gravy using a knob of butter, 2 glasses of red wine and reduce, then add a tiny tiny touch of xanthum gum

Easy chicken and prawn curry
1 large spring onion sliced
2 garlic cloves crushed
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1 small diced chicken breast
1/2 diced courgette
6-8 button mushrooms cut in quarters
10 cooked king prawns
1tsp tikka powder
2tbsp double cream

Fry all the ingredients above the line in a wok
Chuck in the prawns to warm them
Stir in the curry powder
Stir in the cream

See I said it was easy, and quick!

Thanks for the recipe ideas.

I came across this in Malta and the chef took his time to explain to me in detail how to make it. Best thing to do is make it in bulk and then you can reheat it for work or it it with any meat.

Courgette Quiche

2 courgettes (halved)
3 eggs
50ml water
2tbs chives
1tsp paprika
100g cheese
pinch of salt

Method
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Cut the courgette in half and scoop out the soft inside. Keep the flesh
3. Grease an oven tray and lay the strips of courgettes side by side with the hollowed side up. Be sure to cover the entire bottom of your oven dish.
4. Mix the eggs, water, salt, paprika and courgette flesh and blend it till smooth and add the chives.
5. Pour the mixture over the courgette's and sprinkle with the cheese.
6. Place in the oven till the mixture is set and the courgette is soft (about 20-30 minutes)

Tip: I cut a small slither off the underside of the courgette to make flat and then it sits better in the oven dish, otherwise it might roll onto its side.

been making soups lately, cauliflower and leek, or broccoli and leek and spring onion.

boil up the veg with maggi stock cubes, then whizz it up with a tub of cream cheese. both varieties are yum!

Can you store/freeze those, Marty? And reheat without the cheese going odd? Is a maggi stock cube similar to a marigold bouillon thing?

I am not a whizz in the kitchen, as you can tell.

reheats no problem, been taking to work with me, then microwaving. i don't see why it wouldn't freeze, probs small portions be best.
Maggi Seasoning Cubes hmm, now i've read this not so sure should be using them, had them in the cupboard from pre atkins!
but really, any kind of stock /boullion would work the same.

I made this twice last week - yummy!!!

29March2011018.jpg

29March2011016.jpg

Crispy Coconut Chicken

1 C. dessicated coconut
1 Tablespoon Splenda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 C. butter or margarine, melted

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix coconut, salt, pepper, splenda (if desired) and garlic powder in medium bowl. Dip chicken strips into egg, then coat with coconut mixture.

Deep fry in hot oil until golden and crispy. Or, place in a shallow baking pan. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake 25 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through, turning once.

Makes about 2 dozen.

I drizzled a bit of soy sauce on mine, but you could have them with a mayo dip as well. They are so yummy! I noticed how dessicated coconut had a pretty low carb count (I think it was 3g / 100g) and it comes up all crispy and crunchy.

(I'm allergic to almonds, so nut flours haven't been an option for me... but this I LOVE!)

* the white stuff in the pictures is Splenda, as I forgot to put it in the recipe when I was making it. The little bit of sweetness really works well with the coconut.

Following on from Lisa's tangle with Gordon's Balls, I have been in the kitchen concocting tonight.

Meatballs made out of 1 pack minced beef, 1 egg to bind and a teaspoon of green pesto - made 10 good sized balls :D

Sauce - 1 jar of Tesco value pasta sauce (18p!!!!!!) and only 2.8 carbs per 100g - jar was 440g - made enough for 3 really good sized meals.
1 pack chopped leek/cabbage mix
half a small round of boursin
100ml cream

Fried me balls so they were brown all over, put them in oven gas 5 for about 15 mins to cook through. While they were in oven, put cabbage/leek mix in same pan using beef juices that were left to saute and then put lid on to steam for 5 mins. Added jar of pasta sauce (no pasta in sight lol) and the boursin and heated gently - when balls were ready I added cream to sauce and reintroduced the balls to coat with the sauce then served. Totally bloody yummy!
Estimated about 10carbs per serving........................(3 servings)

I love the Oopsie roll recipe..fantastic..:)

Question on cheeseburger pie

Hi, I'd love to make cheeseburger pie and wondered would a casserole dish suffice? tyvm!:D

Last edited:
my cheeseburger pie is in the halogen oven as I type...except I used minced lamb instead of beef so technically it's a cheeselamb pie.;) forgot to add in the cream but hey ho. Quite looking forward to it...I think!:D

eta: omg, how delish was that?? Recipie was so simple even i couldnt mess it up lol. Ate a modest portion with green salad and will have some more for my next meal and freeze the rest. I am proud of myself for cooking something that turned out so tasty. I'll be applying for come dine with me next lol!

Last edited:
How long did you cook it for lynella and what temparature.

I have a halogen oven to and wasa thinking about starting to cook atkins meals in it...as they make food taste so delicious :)

Back