Just Recipes!

Mr Porky's are lush I've just bought some after years of not liking them and feeling like WTC when I tried them. I think it's purely a thing of you love them or hate them.Like marmite. I used to hate them, now I love them

Hmmm not sure WTC, my Mr Porky's were in a gold packet and only 0.3g carbs for the little bag. Sorry the gold ones were all my asda sold. I'll keep an eye out for the others, or hopefully someone else could help out, but I'd imagine that they are pretty similar.

Hi,

I dont know if its been done before, but I made a creamy mushroom and tarragon sauce on chicken breast wrapped in parma ham last night and it was quite nice.

For two people I used :

100ml of double cream : Fitday says 2.5fl oz is 2.1 carbs

Butter : basically I just used a tablespoon, but you can have more if you like :

Dried tarragon: I used a teaspoon, but its to taste

2-3 fresh sage leaves

Cheddar: a small handful...Im bad at calculations..

Mushrooms: a cup, chopped and fried in olive oil : fitday says 1/2 cup stirfried is 2.2g

chicken breast: a medium/small

slice of parma ham (prosciutto)

I wrapped the ham tightly around the chicken breast and plonked in the oven - I usually do mine for 20 mins. Once done put on a plate to rest and cover with tin foil to keep warm.

After that I started to fry off the mushrooms.

I then melted the butter in a pan and added the double cream, tarragon, salt and pepper and sage leaves. I let it simmer until it started to thicken. Then added the mushrooms and cheese. Let them cook in the sauce for a couple of mins till the chickens ready. (if the cream thinkens too much then just add water)

I had steamed cabbage with it. I put the cabbage first, then placed the chicken on top and added the sauce all over.

The sauce is quick sickly after a bit, so you only need a little bit really. Depending on your personal taste of course lol

It's the first time I made anything like that before so I think it turned out ok!

made this last night, was yum yum!

fried some spring onions and garlic in coconut oil, added mussels, chorizo and ham to the pan, once cooked added cream cheese and a dash of dble cream.
we had it with salad and spicy prawn skewers, perfect wet saturday evening in front of the tv food!

Low carb ice cream - for when you're desperate! :)

150g double cream (2.4g carbs)
1 tblsp vanilla essence

Then whatever flavouring you want.

I added a good dollop of no carb maple syrup, but you could try cocoa with Splenda (just count the carbs), dessicated coconut or any of the Da Vinci no carb flavourings.

Put in a small tupperware dish with a lid and put in the freezer for about an hour - et voila!

At first I tried following a recipe from YouTube where the guy put the ingredients in a ziplock bag, then in a tub of ice with salt to make it colder, then shake for five minutes....unmitigated disaster! So do it the simpler (and less messy) way :D

Zero Noodles chicken Laksa

Chicken Laksa Recipe

2 to 3 tbsp laksa paste in pan
Add sliced chicken breast and a splash of coconut milk, cook for a few mins.
Add half can of coconut milk and 1pinf chicken stock.
When boiling add a handful of mange tout, sliced spring onion, a handful of beansprouts and a pack of zero noodles.
Add a splash of fish sauce and juice of half a lime.
Simmer for 5 mins

YUMMY!!!!

red thai/pad thai (ish) stirfry

serves 1 person

stirfry broccoli and a teaspoon of diced onion in coconut oil. mix 1 teaspoon of chunky peanut butter in a little bit of hot water with a dash of fish sauce, then add to stir fry with 1/2 teaspoon of red thai paste, and clove of garlic and chilli flakes (optional) add prawns then zero noodles (having prepared them as instructions on packet.

this was ammmmmmazing! ingredients with carb and cal count below:

coconut oil - teaspoon - 60 cals, 0 carb
zero noodles - pack - 10 cals, 0 carb
broccoli - 150g - 45 cals, 3.45 carb (boo, i will use something less carby next time maybe)
frozen diced onion - tablespoon - 4.1 cals, 0.79 carbs
garlic - 1 clove - 4 cals, 1g carb
shake of chilli flakes (optional, i like it hot!) no idea cals or carbs, cant find it on web either
chunky peanut butter (no added sugar/salt) - 1 teaspoon - 28.9 cals, 0.55 carbs
1/2 teaspoon red thai paste (amoy ploy brand - not sainsburys this had sugar!) 9.7 cals , 0.2 carb
king prawns - 6 - 40 cals, 0 carbs
fish sauce - teaspoon- (optional as it does have sugar) 2.3 cals, 0.2 carb

total is about 205 cals and 6.6 carb, which could be made lower by substituting the broccoli.

Quick & Easy Chicken

Serves 4

Ingredients :

* 4 tsp butter, softened
* 3 tsp garlic paste (the garlic pastes i have found tend to contain citric acid so i just just a garlic crusher or a fine grater and use fresh garlic)
* small handful of parsley, finely chopped
* 4 chicken breasts, skinned
* salt and freshly ground pepper
* 150g/5oz fresh spinach
* 100ml/3floz chicken stock
* 1 small onion finely sliced
* 6 baby tomatoes sliced
(the last two are optional, if you really want to bring the carb count down then don't add - i never did and it still tasted yum!)

1. Preheat the oven to 190/gas 6
2. in a bowl mix together the butter, garlic and parsley
3. slice the chicken breasts lenghtways without cutting right through, fill each cavity with a large teaspoon of garlic butter, then close them up again. season well with salt and pepper.
4. lay a bed of spinach in the bottom of a baking dish then pour over the chicken stock. place the chicken breasts on top, covering each one with the sliced onion and tomatoes (if using!). season well again. cover the baking dish with foil and place in the oven for 30 mins.
5. serve with leafy green vegetables or a side of your choice.

(i'm sorry i havent worked out the exact carb count, but looking at the ingredients if you don't use the onions and tomatoes i would say its pretty low!)

Fish Chowder (Serves 7)
1.79g carbs, 318 calories, 19.29g fat per serving

I had to add this recipe as I haven't enjoyed lunch sooooooooooo much since starting Atkins...

450g cod in 1" cubes
350g smoked haddock (use all cod if you don't like smoked fish), again 1" cubes
4 rashers bacon, chopped
70g onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1000ml fish stock
200ml double cream
300ml unsweetened soya milk

Saute the bacon bits until cooked.
Add onion and cook until soft.
Add parsley and cook for 1 minute.
Add stock and a grind of pepper, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
Add fish, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Take from heat and add cream and milk, then warm gently but do not boil.
Enjoy with green salad (of course!)

I tweaked a recipe from the Atkins cookbook. The book said to use half the stock I did, and 500ml cream for 6 servings. This makes nearly double our Induction cream allowance in one serving :eek:, hence why I used mostly soya milk. It's still very rich and I don't think misses the extra cream. Next time I make it (and I will certainly make it again!) I will use more parsley, but other than that it's deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelish :D

My dinner last night was delish, so I thought I would post the recipe....

Any fish
lemon slices (dont worry about the carbs - as only used to steam the fish)
200g Broccoli florets
1 red chilli - sliced
2 cloves garlic - diced
1tsp garlic - shredded
1dsp soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce

1. Place lemon slices on kitchen foil, put fish on top of them & close up foil into a bag (lemon steams the fish - get the lemony flavour & no carbs
2. Put fish in oven at 180-200 for 15-25 mins (fresh/frozen)
3. 5 mins before fish done heat up wok (or pan) add some oil (sesame if have it) & chuck in gerlic, chilli & ginger - stir for 30 secs (dont let the garlic burn)
4. Add in the broccoli & a soy sauce
5. Add a splash of water to help steam the broccoli
6. Add in the oyster sauce
7. Cook Broccoli till tender (al dente)

Serve & enjoy!!

Sounds yummy - thanks:)

Its really filling & tasty. Plus very low carb - so if you've had one of those bad days that happen every now & again, it makes you feel all virtuous & good again.

I tend to pair it with my fav Atkins pud

Mascapone
Double cream
Powdered splenda
1tsp vanilla extract
Raspberries

Mix Mascapone & cream together with vanilla & splenda to taste
Serve a large dollop with fresh raspberries.

Proper indulgence

Serve preferably with a Rom-Com & just enjoy the moment.

PurpleBobKat said:
Its really filling & tasty. Plus very low carb - so if you've had one of those bad days that happen every now & again, it makes you feel all virtuous & good again.

I tend to pair it with my fav Atkins pud

Mascapone
Double cream
Powdered splenda
1tsp vanilla extract
Raspberries

Mix Mascapone & cream together with vanilla & splenda to taste
Serve a large dollop with fresh raspberries.

Proper indulgence

Serve preferably with a Rom-Com & just enjoy the moment.

Sounds delish. Just wondering how much cream and do you whip it first?

PurpleBobKat said:
Jeanette,
Use roughly the same quantity of cream as mascapone. You don't need to whip it first. Hope you enjoy.

Hi purplebobkat. I made this and it was amazing! I mixed blueberries through it because there were no fresh raspberries in my local supermarket. Im trying your fish and broccoli recipe now. I've never managed to stay on diets for long previously because the food was so dull. Thanks for posting the recipes.

Back