Just Recipes!

Muffin in a Minute

allowed on Induction

Serving Size: 1

1/4 cup flax meal (8.09 total carbs, 7.6 fiber)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (0.64 net carbs)
1 packet splenda packet (0.9 net carbs)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (1.84 total carbs, 1.2 fiber)
1 large egg (0.6 net carbs)
1 teaspoon butter

(total carbs is 12.07, fiber is 8.8; net carbs is 3.27)

Put the dry ingredients in a coffee mug.

Stir.

Then add the egg and the butter. Mix.

Microwave 1 minute (or more). Take out. slice, butter, eat.

OOPSIE ROLLS

8 oz cream cheese
8 eggs
pinch of cream of tarter
some sugar (splenda)
some salt

separate the eggs, whip the whites with the cream of tarter. Mix the yokes with the bit of sweetner, salt and cream cheese. When the whites are really stiff, fold them into the yokes. I spoon them into pam sprayed muffintop pans and get 12 Oopsies. Bake for 22-24 mins at 300. Midway through baking I take the pans out, turn them around and change places with each other for uniform color.

i find they only take 10 - 1 mins, i add some herbs to mine too.
or add cinammon or ginger to make sweet bread.

FLAXSEED PANCAKES

2 eggs
3 tablespoons of milled flaxseed
bit of cream
some splenda

It`s really up to you how much you put in, until it looks like normal pancake mix then fry with bit of butter.
I also add cinammon or nutmeg.

add more butter once cooked or cream

ooh yum! Shopping for flaxseed at the weekend!! I am guessing health food shop?

there are a lot of recipes on the other sticky menu thread, maybe they can be copied and pasted,

sue xx

Flax Foccacia
Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients:
· 2 cups flax seed meal
· 1 Tablespoon baking powder
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1-2 Tablespoons sweetening power from artificial sweetener
· 5 beaten eggs
· 1/2 cup water
· 1/3 cup oil
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare pan (a 10X15 pan with sides works best) with oiled parchment paper or a silicone mat.

1) Mix dry ingredients well -- a whisk works well.

2) Add wet to dry, and combine well. Make sure there aren't obvious strings of egg white hanging out in the batter.

3) Let batter set for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken up some (leave it too long and it gets past the point where it's easy to spread.)

4) Pour batter onto pan. Because it's going to tend to mound in the middle, you'll get a more even thickness if you spread it away from the center somewhat, in roughly a rectangle an inch or two from the sides of the pan (you can go all the way to the edge, but it will be thinner).

5) Bake for about 20 minutes, until it springs back when you touch the top and/or is visibly browning even more than flax already is.

6) Cool and cut into whatever size slices you want. You don't need a sharp knife; I usually just cut it with a spatula.

At 12 servings, each piece of bread has less than one gram of carbohydrate -- .8 to be exact -- plus 5 grams of fiber.

MINCEd BEEF recipe

Fry 500 gr of lean mince with a small chopped onion.
Add tsp of cumin, tsp of chilli powder, tsp of paprika, garlic,salt and pepper to taste.
some chopped chillis to taste.
When cooked press into the bottom of an oven proof dish.

whisk together 3 eggs, 1/2 cup may, 1/2 cup double cream and 8 oz of grated cheddar. ( I think 1/2 cup would be roughly 4 tablespoons. I think there is a sticky with conversions)
Pour mixture on top of mince and bung in oven for 40 mins 170 centigrade for fan
prob 180 for others.
YUMMY.
For those that don't like spicy just change seasoning. Atkins recommend chopped cooked bacon.
Really you could do whatever you want with the mince. It's the topping that makes it :D:D:D

Moroccan Chicken
1 Tablespoon olive oil

Juice of 2 Lemons
1 Teaspoon ground Cumin
1/4 ground Cinnamon
Pinch ground cloves
1/2 Teaspoon ground Turmeric
1 Teaspoon Harissa paste or minced red chilli from a jar
1 small onion very finely chopped
2 garlic cloves
salt and pepper
Fresh Chillies if desired.

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl add large pieces of chopped chicken breast and marianate. The longer the better. Just fry or bbq until cooked and serve with a lovely salad of choice. Me I love feta salad yummy:D

Cheeseburger Pie
Total carbs 9c. Serves 4
Ingredients:
500g minced beef
50g finely chopped onion
150g chopped mushrooms
100mls double cream
2 heaped tablespoons of mayo
150g strong cheddar grated
3 eggs
salt & pepper to taste

Fry mince, onion and mushrooms together until cooked season to taste, drain off fat, add Lee & Perrins sauce.
Place in a greased foil covered deep pie dish, flatten with spoon.
Beat eggs add mayo, cream and cheese.
Pour over the top of mince, drop olives around the dish and bake in oven Gas mark 5 for 20 to 25 mins until set and golden brown.
Leave to cool before taking out of pie dish, remove foil.
Cut in to portions and wrap in cling film
This freezes very well.
Lovely with salad, cauli mash, or stir fry (Great in lunchboxes)

Optional 1 Tablespoon Lea & Perrins 2c and 10 black olives

Salmon & Prawn with Courgette Tagliatelle
About 8carbs for whole recipe.
Ingredients:

200g Salmon
100g Prawns
Couple of knobs of butter
100g Mascarpone
100ml cream
200g Courgettes

Put a couple of knobs of butter on the salmon, wrap in foil and cook in the oven. 180ºC for 25 mins.
Put Mascarpone and cream in a pan and heat gently. I used milk and it was just the right consistency, so if using cream it may be better to thin down. Add prawns to liquid and simmer.
Using a potato peeler, ‘peel’ the courgette into ribbons. Melt some more butter in a frying pan, add the courgettes and fry.
When salmon is cooked, break into pieces and add to pan containing prawns. Give a good stir to mix salmon and prawns.
Pour sauce over courgettes in pan, give a good stir. Transfer to plate. I added loads of black pepper and it was gorgeous.

mousse

Mix sachet of low fat jelly in 1/2 pint of boiling water.
Set aside and chill until just starting to set.
put in a bowl and add 150 mls of double cream.
Whisk with electric whisk for about 1 min until roughly double in size.
Back in fridge and voila MOUSSE !!!!!!!
and practically carb free YE HA:D:D

Flaxmeal Bread

75g flaxmeal
2 large eggs
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt OR 2 tsp cocoa and a sachet of splenda

Mix all ingredients together, pour into a greased bread tin or (better) a silicon mould, bake in a pre-heated oven for 16-18 minutes at 200 celcius. It's done when a toothpick comes out clean.

It comes out at something like 596 cals, 29g protein, 52g fat and around 2g net carbs a loaf.

Flax meal is actually linseed which you buy and grind yourself in a coffee grinder.

cheesy crab and tuna patties (note. be gentle so they don't break up during cooking - as they don't have breadcrumbs)

1 tin tuna
1 tin crab meat
chilli
spring onion
parsley
chives
parsley
cumin (little bit)
tumeric (little bit)
black pepper
dash of kakkomon soy sauce
some cream cheese
60g of any other cheese
cayenne pepper
paprika
egg
cauliflower (about 6 florets) boiled and mashed with some butter/olive oil

mix together
make into small patties (makes about 18?)
place in fridge for at least an hour

fry

eat

yum

splenda cheesecake

Ingredients:
  • 2 8-ounce packages of Neufchatel cheese
  • 12 packets Splenda
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
Preparation:
Mix cheese, Splenda and vanilla well. Add on egg one at a time. Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes and let it cool for at least three hours before serve.
Yield: Per Serving 22.5 cal, 4.25 fat, 5.38 carbs, 11.38 protein.[/color]

Last edited:
crispy fried chicken

Ingredients:
  • 8 pieces of chicken
  • 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • Vegetable oil for frying
Preparation:
Mix buttermilk and lemon juice well. Marinate chicken with mixture and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Drain chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Place bake mix,salt and pepper in a plastic or paper bag. In 2 batches, add chicken and shake to coat. Place chicken on wire rack and let dry 15 minutes.
Heat oven to 350°F. Heat 1/2-inch oil in a large skillet and, in 2 batches, fry chicken 4-5 minutes per side, until browned. Drain on paper towels and place on a baking sheet. Bake 30-35 minutes, until chicken is cooked through; turn pieces halfway through baking time.

Last edited:
ICE CREAM

Ingredients:
  • 5 egg yolks
  • 3 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp Splenda*
  • ¼ cup water
  • 2 cup heavy cream
Preparation:
Blend egg york, vanilla extract, Splenda and water at medium speed for about 30 seconds. Later place whipped cream into mixture and Freeze for 2 hours.

Yield: Per Serving 3.2 carbs.

CINNAMON MERINGUES

Ingredients:
Preparation:
In a medium bowl, combine egg whites with cream of tartar and salt; beat until soft peaks form. Fold in cinnamon, vanilla and almond extracts Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes.

Yield: Per Serving 1.4 carbs.

bacon stuffed mushrooms

Description: Excellent as a main meal, or a snack which can quickly be heated up. This is a favourite with family and friends!! Ingredients: * 1 pound large flat fresh mushrooms
* 1 container bacon lardons
* 1/2 cup chopped onion, or use part green onion
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh green pepper
* 1 teaspoon Salt
* 1 tblsp green peppercorns in brine and crushed with pestle and mortar
* 3 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
* 1/2 cup ground almonds
* 1/4 cup Hot water
How To Prepare: Clean mushrooms, remove and chop stems; set aside.

Fry bacon in a heavy pan. Remove with a slotted spoon and set on paper towels to drain. In bacon drippings, saute onion, green pepper, and chopped mushroom stems until tender; drain.
Add salt and pepper.

Soften cream cheese; blend in cooked bacon and vegetables. Press mixture firmly into mushroom caps, mounding a bit. Place almonds in a small bowl. Turn filled mushroom caps upside down and press gently in the almond flour to coat tops. Place in a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish. Add hot water to pan and bake, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes at 325 degrees.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen stuffed mushrooms.

chocolate mousse

Description: Ingredients: 2 cups heavy cream
3 packages artificial
sweetener
2 tablespoons
unsweetened cocoa
How To Prepare: Whip together and grab a
spoon!
Number of Servings: 10 Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: 22g carbs total Effort (Easy, Average, Difficult): Easy

Back