Just saying hello and asking for a bit of advice.

Neonic

Hello everyone. I've been reading the boards for about a week now and thought it was about time I said hi and also asked some advice. I started my attack phase on Tuesday. By Tuesday evening I felt really ill but by Wednesday evening I felt much better. My attack phase was supposed to last 4 days. All was fine until I arrived at my parents house on Friday evening to stay for the weekend. The only food they had suitable for attack was eggs and I needed more than that for tea. My dad had also booked my favourite Chinese restaurant for Saturday evening too. And so, Friday evening was bacon, eggs and actifry chips. On saturday I did pure protein until we went out and today I'm having a PV day as I should have been onto cruise. I thought I might do a couple of PP days after today then go back onto cruise properly as I didn't really finish my attack phase. Does this sound ok?

Also, I'm struggling to find fat free cottage cheese. The lowest I can find says less than 2% fat. I was hoping to make a quiche but don't want to use the wrong stuff. Does anyone know where I can get the fat free kind?

Hey - Asda does 0.1% fat cottage cheese, and the be good to yourself one at Sainsburys is 1.5%, and I'm pretty certain they're both fine...they're what I use anyway!

What you've mentioned is one of the issues faced by most people on Dukan - it's way easier when you're alone than when mixing with others!! (although maybe that's true of many diets...).

Do you live on your own normally, or at least in full control over what you eat? If you can stick to it 100% during these times then that's definitely a good mindset. Maybe if you tell your parents more about the diet that you're following, they can be more prepared for next time!

You may find quark is better in a quiche than cottage cheese.

Also, I'm struggling to find fat free cottage cheese. The lowest I can find says less than 2% fat. I was hoping to make a quiche but don't want to use the wrong stuff. Does anyone know where I can get the fat free kind?

I just wanted to give a word of advice about fat free cottage cheese, it's really kind of gross! When I started the DD I went out and bought 3 containers of 0% and I could barely choke down 1! :eek: I would suggest trying one first...lol
Now I use either 1 or 2% and have it every two or three days.

As far as eating out with family, make them aware that you are doing the DD and to select someplace that is Dukan friendly. My family understands what I can and cannot eat so we pick a friendly restaurant like Applebee's. I order something from their weight watchers section and just change what I don't want (remove potatoes, melted cheese and add side salad for example).

My husband wanted to go to a Mexican restaurant yesterday (guess he forgot) but there isn't anything there I can eat. :p

Did you lose anything on attack?

I just wanted to give a word of advice about fat free cottage cheese, it's really kind of gross! When I started the DD I went out and bought 3 containers of 0% and I could barely choke down 1! :eek: I would suggest trying one first...lol
Now I use either 1 or 2% and have it every two or three days.

I find the brand often makes a big difference, but it's not always as you would expect - the other week I bought the low fat cottage cheese from Waitrose, and it was HORRIBLE!!

I find the brand often makes a big difference, but it's not always as you would expect - the other week I bought the low fat cottage cheese from Waitrose, and it was HORRIBLE!!

Yep, that was probably part of it. The really horrible stuff was the store's generic brand. I was trying to save on my grocery bill but somethings you just have to spend a little bit more to get better quality. :) It's hard though because I tend to only buy what's on sale and/or generic brands. :eek:

Thanks for the warning about the cottage cheese.
Yesterday didn't really go to plan at all. I went straight from my parents to work (3 hour drive in yesterdays heat) to work a 7pm - 8am shift. I stopped off to buy some chicken, tuna and eggs. It was all I could find in the shop that was convenient. It really wasn't enough and I ended up picking on all sorts throughout the night. That's what I get for not being prepared. 8pm-8am tonight and I aim to be prepared. I've decided to start from scratch as I've been dreadful for 3 days. So I'm back onto attack. I'm going to make a tuna quiche, some turkey sandwiches - using dukan bread, I'm also taking a pack of seafood selection and some yogurts. Hopefully that lot will keep me on the straight and narrow. I'll try to have a big tea before I go in too.
It's much easier being at home and being able to plan my own food.

The tuna quiche wasn't very nice. It didn't have much taste. Think it needed some veg in it. It was just a tub of quark, 2 eggs, a tin of tuna and some various herbs. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it nicer?

Hello,

Not sure if this is what you've already tried (apologies if you have!) but Slimming World have a quiche which could work for us.....
I used to mix cottage cheese & eggs with bacon (but we could substitute with chicken or lean ham maybe??) add herbs & just whisk it all together & put it in the oven.

A lot of the syn free recipes from SW could possibly be adapted..... I'll have another nosey at their forum & report back ;o)

The tuna quiche wasn't very nice. It didn't have much taste. Think it needed some veg in it. It was just a tub of quark, 2 eggs, a tin of tuna and some various herbs. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it nicer?

Dry fried onions would improve this quiche I think, plus some red and green peppers, but of course that would make it PV not PP

Back