just some questions

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by kateykat, 4 January 2009 Social URL.

1. kateykat

kateykat Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    hi, hope everyone is good today!
    i was just wondering, mouth wash doesn't affect going into ketosis does it? because i read that chewing gum does, so was just wondering.
    also, if i haven't felt hungry at all since starting the diet yesterday is that a good sign? i am pretty pleased, so far it's been a lot easier than i thought so i am preparing myself for tomorrow being a nightmare!!
    thanks!x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Angel1974

Angel1974 Loves Porridge

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    gillian michaels body revolution
    Hello and well done sounds like so far so good, I know chewing gum is a big no no and I have been using mouthwash and so far am in ketosis - I didn't feel hungry until late in the evening of day 2 and feeling a little hungry today, keep saying to myself off for a shake but then get caught up in the posts on here - I love this place :D

have a great day and keep posting :p

4. kateykat

kateykat Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    so i may feel hungry later today and tomorrow, well in some ways it will be a relief i guess, i had to force myself to have a shake yesterday! the only thing i am noticing at the moment is that i am finding it quite hard to concentrate for more than 10 mins (which is very frustrating as i am trying to write an essay!)
    glad everything is going good for you! wd for being in ketosis, i can't wait!!

5. Angel1974

Angel1974 Loves Porridge

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    You might or you may be one of the CDers who doesn't I have read many posts on here and some people don't feel hungry - keep going with the water and the shakes and you will get there - Have a great day let me know how you get on :D

6. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

you can have sugarfree chewing gum, but only chew for a min or two then get rid because it can make you feel hungry! i always had it even last year when on cd and it didnt affect me :)

7. Angel1974

Angel1974 Loves Porridge

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Wow that's great about the gum, I was worried I would have to go with dodgy breath to visit my learners at work! :8855:

Bring it on I'm loving CD more everyday :D

8. Smiley_Cat

Smiley_Cat Loving CD SS!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Lol! No-one likes the dodgy breath!

But deffo be careful with the gum as Becky says - funnily enough I just posted on another thread that I read somewhere that the chewing of gum stimulates digestive enzymes which is why it'll make you hungry.

I've never been a big gum chewer because of that very thing - that it always made me hungry!

At least chewing for just a brief moment will also help avoid the other pitfall - a sore jaw! lol

Good luck!

Cx

9. Bijoux

Bijoux Fat Fighter

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(28.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I chew sugar free gum too. I have from Day 1 and it hasn't affected my losses. All I would suggest is stick to peppermint, I think all the other fruity flavours may have citric acid. Plus mouthwash can't affect ketosis, you don't ingest it.

10. vampalicious

vampalicious Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st5.8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11.3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.3lb(6.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    i have just read on the offical CD website that the only reason they give for not having chewing gum is that it produces gastric juices which may make you feel hungry..so go for it!
    It dosnt mention anything about you coming out of ketosis and even says you can chew it if you feel the need too.
    x

11. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    Only the sugar free ones if you must though and check the carbs before you do as some chewing gum is absolutely packed with carbs and WILL kick you out of ketosis. Also fruity ones with citric acid are totally no-go. The official CD line is NO though, so if you want to do it by the book, avoid!

Mouthwash is fine, as are the listerine breath freshener strips you can get, ideally go with those instead of the gum as they won't make you feel hungry xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.