just some questions

kateykat

hi, hope everyone is good today!
i was just wondering, mouth wash doesn't affect going into ketosis does it? because i read that chewing gum does, so was just wondering.
also, if i haven't felt hungry at all since starting the diet yesterday is that a good sign? i am pretty pleased, so far it's been a lot easier than i thought so i am preparing myself for tomorrow being a nightmare!!
thanks!x

Hello and well done sounds like so far so good, I know chewing gum is a big no no and I have been using mouthwash and so far am in ketosis - I didn't feel hungry until late in the evening of day 2 and feeling a little hungry today, keep saying to myself off for a shake but then get caught up in the posts on here - I love this place :D

have a great day and keep posting :p

so i may feel hungry later today and tomorrow, well in some ways it will be a relief i guess, i had to force myself to have a shake yesterday! the only thing i am noticing at the moment is that i am finding it quite hard to concentrate for more than 10 mins (which is very frustrating as i am trying to write an essay!)
glad everything is going good for you! wd for being in ketosis, i can't wait!!

You might or you may be one of the CDers who doesn't I have read many posts on here and some people don't feel hungry - keep going with the water and the shakes and you will get there - Have a great day let me know how you get on :D

you can have sugarfree chewing gum, but only chew for a min or two then get rid because it can make you feel hungry! i always had it even last year when on cd and it didnt affect me :)

Wow that's great about the gum, I was worried I would have to go with dodgy breath to visit my learners at work! :8855:

Bring it on I'm loving CD more everyday :D

Lol! No-one likes the dodgy breath!

But deffo be careful with the gum as Becky says - funnily enough I just posted on another thread that I read somewhere that the chewing of gum stimulates digestive enzymes which is why it'll make you hungry.

I've never been a big gum chewer because of that very thing - that it always made me hungry!

At least chewing for just a brief moment will also help avoid the other pitfall - a sore jaw! lol

Good luck!

Cx

I chew sugar free gum too. I have from Day 1 and it hasn't affected my losses. All I would suggest is stick to peppermint, I think all the other fruity flavours may have citric acid. Plus mouthwash can't affect ketosis, you don't ingest it.

i have just read on the offical CD website that the only reason they give for not having chewing gum is that it produces gastric juices which may make you feel hungry..so go for it!
It dosnt mention anything about you coming out of ketosis and even says you can chew it if you feel the need too.
x

Only the sugar free ones if you must though and check the carbs before you do as some chewing gum is absolutely packed with carbs and WILL kick you out of ketosis. Also fruity ones with citric acid are totally no-go. The official CD line is NO though, so if you want to do it by the book, avoid!

Mouthwash is fine, as are the listerine breath freshener strips you can get, ideally go with those instead of the gum as they won't make you feel hungry xxx

Back