Just started and very nervous

I am on the 'be yu' vlcd, I started on Monday, my plan is to try and stay on it for a month, get a good start then move onto calorie counting and exercise, I dont think I can last more than a month on it but you never know, if Im coping with it I will persevere! I hope I can lose :sigh:

Good Luck to everyone!

Oh just a quick question! do you have any vegetables or salads with your meals??

I've started to have salad and find it really makes the meal pad out a bit, and really stuffs me!! fantastic!! hehe!!

jane xxxx

Hi Jane
I got on fine except I stupidly was drinking flavoured water for the first 3 or 4 days! I have lost 10 lbs so that feels good and is keeping me motivated to continue, (although I have felt crap the last 2 days!)
I have been having cabbage, broccoli and leeks every night with a meal pack and I honestly dont think I would have even lasted a couple of days if I didnt have this to look forward to every night! I have had the be yu porridge for the first time this morning and it tasted like a baby rusk! (I still ate it and actually quite enjoyed it!)
How has your week been?

Best wishes

Hi Sally

I'm so glad you said that about the porridge! Its a totaly weird sensation in your mouth at first isnt it!! To be honest I spat it back in the bowl the very first time, then thought god it cant be that bad!! then like you, thought, wow this isnt too bad actually!!

And the same as you, I soo look forward to that meal with my veggies!! It keeps me on track soo much!! I would probably have gone AWOL if it hadnt been for that! I've been making a rocket salad and having that with my chilli, and having a mixture of veg (the little bags you get from tescos with cauli, broccoli and carrots!) with the cottage pie!

I'm down to 11.13 today!! soooo pleased!! its great breaking those stone barriers!!! So thats 10lbs lost for me so far after a week and a half! I'm a daily weigher!! I find it keeps me more focused seeing it coming off, and if it doesnt, I try harder!!

Do you exercise Sally? I do 30 mins of walking a day to and from the station, and its a very fast walk to get in on time, and then in the evening to catch the train, so thats helping me along, plus I go out on my bike too!

think thin!!!

jane x

Hi Jane, Congratulations on your weight loss, it does help to keep us motivated when we see the lbs disappear from the scales! Like you I weigh myself every day. I have been walking 40 minutes nearly every day but thats about it on the exercise front!
I have been feeling really good today so long may the 'mild euphoria' continue!!
Keep up the good work x

Back