just started any advice

poppy100

Silver Member
hi, i have just been started on exenicol. really fed up with dieting over the years and still being fat at 52. just not sure this is really the answer. any advice on taking these tablets.:confused:

Read the sticky threads familarise yourself with them

Your defo in the right place for support :)

Ask any questions n hope your xenical journey goes well x

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos

I agree with Lea read the stickie but the basics are foods have to be less than 5g of fat per 100g which is different to 5% fat. Some of us use www.myfitnesspal.com to help, it'll give you a calorie allowance for the day..... Anything you need help with just shout, we've all been at the start..... Onwards & downwards x

Good luck, poppy. No more than 5g of total fat per 100g (I thought this was the same as 5% fat??:confused:) and no more than 15 g of total fat per meal and you'll be well on your way. If you stick to these rules you won't suffer from any side effects which can be unpleasant. Don't listen to any horror stories, those people didn't follow the rules! Post here often, start your own diary if you like and read and read on read here instead of eating! That's what I do anyway.

KB x

No Kitty cos 5% fat thing could only be 75g portion size packet, making it more than 5g per 100g. But good advice on not believing the horror stories, although I'm sure they can happen & do I've not had one yet in 9 weeks. Just been out with friends who were amazed that it's not what happens, erm if you don't eat the fat it's not got to be got rid of!!!

Last edited:
Now I'm confused ! Where's the 5% come from??
When foods say less than 5% fat it's talking about per portion not per 100g .
Dont confuse the girl .

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sorry I didn't explain that very well & made a mistake when I just re-read it so I've edited it & think I'm right now....

Sorry for any confusion x

I know we're going round in circles here but if a packet says 5% fat on it, that means there will be 5g of fat per 100g of product no matter what the packet size is. The % sign meaning "per cent" literally "every hundred" (I knew studying Latin would come in handy somewhere) So I can see if the packet just says that it contains 5g of fat then it might be more than 5g per hundred but if it says 5% fat then it HAS to be 5g per 100g. I'm pretty sure about that.

KB x

First I've heard if it and none if the leaflets in the tablet packs state it so as far as I'm concerned it's 5g per 100g and % has mo part in my diet whatsoever

toofatkat said:
First I've heard if it and none if the leaflets in the tablet packs state it so as far as I'm concerned it's 5g per 100g and % has mo part in my diet whatsoever

That's what I do too Kat, that's what I was trying & appears failing to say lol

I think you'll find we're all right. 5g of fat per 100g IS 5% fat, they are the same thing. You just confused me with the 75g packet size thing. :confused: So it doesn't matter if you check g per 100 or % fat, they exactly the same thing if we're talking about keeping it under 5. If that makes sense.

KB x

hiya poppy,
all the advise you will ever need is on here hun, but fundamentally your journey is your own and most are different!
think if i were starting again the first thing i would do is put i list up in the kitchen of things that must never go down my face!
ie, chips cheese ect.. some would say moderation on that note, but for me, once ive had that first nibble away those taste buds go!!..
the other is not to obsess, pop your 3 pills a day, as much water as you can handle and then get on with your life!!..
it'll be a long and twisty road should you spend every waking moment thinking about weight loss & food!!
above all remember your new friends are on here and even on a bad day they wont judge!!.. XX

Back