Just started, just joined, questions already!

*AnnaMaria*

Silver Member
Hi everyone! I have lurked for a time, and decided I should join and communicate! I started the Atkins diet last week (Thurs) but think I have messed up the ketosis. On Saturday I had a caribbean dumpling (stodge!) and several small cocktails with fruit juice in them. Am I right in thinking the ketosis will be put back, and I need to start induction again, or can I just carry on and hope it kicks in soon?

Couple of questions here TT.

1. How much do you have to loose.
2. You say go back on induction? why did you come off.

I didn't formally come off induction, I just saw a table full of rice and peas, dumplings, coleslaw, mutton curry and before I knew it a dumpling had gone down. At least I didn't attack the rice!

As for how much I have to lose, I have no idea, numbers mean nothing in that respect. I don't have scales even. Presently I am a size 18, and I want to be comfortable in a size 14.

OK,

then yes stay on strict induction and drink plenty of water and let's hope it's just a hiccup. :)

I mean do I start 14 days from today again please?

Oh yes, sorry. You don't need to worry about 14 days either. I stayed on induction for nearly 6 months, but I had a lot to loose. Make sure you are getting most of your 20 carbs a day from green leaf veggies, One it will help you stay "regular" :) and two it's healthier.

Hi guys, sorry to jump in but i have a quick question for jim, How do i work out how many carbs are in 100 gms of lettuce?

Here you go Jules, all you ever wanted to know about lettuce

LETTUCE

Yes, although I don't think I'd want to eat only lettuce and once you've added some pepper and spring onion etc...

and make sure it's a decent lettuce, Iceberg is totally devoid of nutrition. I like romaine personally.

You can get really nice bags of mixed leaves quite cheap from supermarkets, they tend to last a little bit lobger than whole lettuces too if you keep them in a tub in the fridge :)

Back