Just started

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by Bizzylizzy, 26 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Bizzylizzy

Bizzylizzy Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(6.23%)
    Hello everyone, I've just joined having been given Orlistat by the GP this morning, I have been on it before, several times infact, but I'm a serial failure! I've tried every diet going, spent a fortune at every slimming club there is, several times over!! but I have got to succeed this time, I have such a lot to lose it's scary. I have'nt been given any advice from the GP just sent off with the prescription, great, so if anyone can give me any advice on what to eat or any other advice I'd be more than grateful, so I'll leave it at that at the moment and chat again another day.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flabbybumbum

flabbybumbum On a mission

Start Weight:
    24st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(20.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World & Xenical
    Well done you for not giving up, and welcome aboard the weight loss train lol ! These GP's have alot to answer for dont they, Ive read a few posts that say the same, they dont explain things.
    I'm in the same position as you, alot to lose and many failures under my belt (literally!!).
    The most important thing to remember is to not eat anything that contains more than 5g per 100g (regardless of the portion size).
    Best wishes. xx

4. iona.1985

iona.1985 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.88%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    good luck this time around! i'm new to xenical so still getting the hang of it but i think the main thing is learning to read ALL the labels, on everything.. and being able to put down the things you'd normally eat that aren't low enough in fat! i went shopping the other day and a few of the things i'd normally buy were above the 5g per 100g so i had to put them back! but i did find LOADS of foods i can eat :) there are a couple of threads like this one (one of them is mine!) with a lot of replies/advice etc so have a nosey

5. Bizzylizzy

Bizzylizzy Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(6.23%)
    Thank you for taking the time out to reply and for the welcome to the forum.

6. flabbybumbum

flabbybumbum On a mission

Start Weight:
    24st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(20.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World & Xenical
    Bizzylizzy

How have you found your first few days?

7. chocolateandskyblue

chocolateandskyblue Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(10.93%)
    Diet:
    Xenical and Weight Watchers
    :welcome2:bizzylizzy

I recommend looking through the posts, the basics are as above replies though.

Aim for 15g per meal for 3 meals max, if its too low thats not good either, you also need to balance the fat intake with your calorie intake.
    I have found Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal - MyFitnessPal.com really helps me with this and amazingly its free!!

Good luck and look forward to sharing your weight loss journey. :)

8. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating & Exercise
    Welcome & Good Luck x

9. bajbrown

bajbrown Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(12.5%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    Welcome and best of luck :) xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.