Just started

Bizzylizzy

Hello everyone, I've just joined having been given Orlistat by the GP this morning, I have been on it before, several times infact, but I'm a serial failure! I've tried every diet going, spent a fortune at every slimming club there is, several times over!! but I have got to succeed this time, I have such a lot to lose it's scary. I have'nt been given any advice from the GP just sent off with the prescription, great, so if anyone can give me any advice on what to eat or any other advice I'd be more than grateful, so I'll leave it at that at the moment and chat again another day.

Well done you for not giving up, and welcome aboard the weight loss train lol ! These GP's have alot to answer for dont they, Ive read a few posts that say the same, they dont explain things.
I'm in the same position as you, alot to lose and many failures under my belt (literally!!).
The most important thing to remember is to not eat anything that contains more than 5g per 100g (regardless of the portion size).
Best wishes. xx

good luck this time around! i'm new to xenical so still getting the hang of it but i think the main thing is learning to read ALL the labels, on everything.. and being able to put down the things you'd normally eat that aren't low enough in fat! i went shopping the other day and a few of the things i'd normally buy were above the 5g per 100g so i had to put them back! but i did find LOADS of foods i can eat :) there are a couple of threads like this one (one of them is mine!) with a lot of replies/advice etc so have a nosey

Bizzylizzy

How have you found your first few days?

:welcome2:bizzylizzy

I recommend looking through the posts, the basics are as above replies though.

Aim for 15g per meal for 3 meals max, if its too low thats not good either, you also need to balance the fat intake with your calorie intake.
I have found Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal - MyFitnessPal.com really helps me with this and amazingly its free!!

Good luck and look forward to sharing your weight loss journey. :)

Welcome & Good Luck x

Back