JUST STARTING??? Join this Team so we all encourage one another :)

Hi. I am starting SS on Mon 12th after trying to start for a few days and failing.I am doing it with three work colleagues and am DETERMINED this time but will be nice to have the support of the people on this forum too and read about how others are getting on.:)

Jenni x

Goals:
Get through day one on SS
Get through day two on SS
Get through day three on SS
Get to 12 stone
Get to 11.5 stone
Get to 11 stone

I'd like to join this team as well. I think Marti's idea about us posting our own losses etc. as we weigh in is a good idea, then no one person has to have too big a job. What do you think?

I'm so very new to all of this though, so I might be wrong, it might have to be one person leader of it all. I'm just putting in my 2 cents. ( :

I'm on day 5 and so far so good. I know we can all do this, we just have to be determined. Remember all the times we've put that piece of chocolate in our mouths....did we feel any better afterwards? Not really is my experience. I want to win this fight, and this battle. And I think together with each other's encouragement we can help.

Since we're all pretty close in the dates we started it will be encouraging just to see others at the same stage as us. I know that reading everyone's posts new & old has really kept me on track this week. Occupying me and keeping me from thinking about food all the time. Oh yeah & also watching Biggest Loser USA!!! I even got my OH to watch it with me last night ( :

All the best to everyone! WE CAN DO THIS!!:)

thanks for that message trullyteen it has helped me get going... i don’t mind posting how i have done, but again if someone wants to be a leader that be good too :) Crissie67 i cant believe how much you have lost!!!! well done, it must have been with it in the end then.... man if i lost that much i think i start to cry.... at the moment i haven’t weight myself as i used to get so obsessed about it and would weight myself once a day so was told to wait till i go see my CD Councilor. I am just wish the day will hurry up so i know how good i have done.

I was wondering how do people cope about exercise. Im a person that need to do something active or else i get low but im scared of overdoing it due to minima calories in me, also kind of scared in getting saggy skin especially on my belly :S

and Jenni i hope it goes well on Saturday, i sugest plan a very fully weekend alway doing somthing as the first 3 days i found the heardest and by being on this site or just doing things made day go faster and thought of food go awsy :)

Hello all, new here, I would like to join the team as well but I seem to definitely be the heaviest one here :)

Day 1 of CD. I'm not hungry but I am helping it a bit by taking a pill of Reductil in the morning (7 pills left from another diet and they do cut hunger so I figured I could help the first bad week along...)

The chicken soup was really foul but the capucino shake in the morning was bril! The mister who is doing it for a month as well liked it too. Looking forward to the strawberry shake tonight. I'm thinking maybe I am more a shake person than a soups person so we'll see what to order next. Plenty of time to crack what I like best as I probably will be on it for the next 5 months or more :)

Had 3 liters of water already (water is the part that scares me most, so I forced it already) and found that the lemon flavour in it makes it real good so it was easy. Pitty I have to travel to the loo like I have a water infection!

Does anyone else feel a bit unfocused and faint like their blood sugar is low?

Anyhow, looking forward to all of our success stories, we'll make it!

Edited to ask: I'll read some more but what is everyone's plan about exercising? We had just gotten the Wii and I had proudly went to a steady 35-40 mins of stepping and cardio a night. It seems from what I read that would be detrimental as ketones would be spent in that instead of burning fat? Have I gotten this right?

Last edited:
Hi all. Well day1 and so far iv had a strawberry shake for breakfast, peppermint tea and veg soup for lunch. Im mixing all my drinks with a pint of water as i find it really hard to drink plain water. so far iv only hardly had half a ltr of water which is really worrying me. Any tips??

i started on ss on monday and so far so good...i tooam a returner after loosing 4 stone last time, unfortunately i got all excited and just started eating normally and it all went on...whoops...

feeling like i need a break from food for a bit so quite enjoying this ... does that make me a bit sick?!

would love to join this group to keep up to date on all our amazing progress

Hi Moomooloo

I think its a great idea to have a break from food, that way there's no way to have all the little cheats that you do on a food based diet. I don't think your sick at all!!!!

I started the day after you, still feeling fine but have been hungry today. Perhaps I need to keep myself a little busier. Hopefully, with the hubby and kids around over the weekend I'll be too busy to think about being hungry altho....... that pizza smells lovely!!!!

Hi all...new member here :)

I don't use CD myself but someone who I really really care a lot about does. I want to join in the discussion from a supporting point of view because I know first hand how hard it can be for you all to get through just a few hours, let alone a day!

My friend has been on and off the CD for a while but has found it hard but I truly believe that this time she will do it and with a bit of extra support will get through. I have all the faith in the world in her and all of you guys so keep on going and working hard.

Don't be scared to tell your friends and family...it must seem really difficult but the true friends are the ones that stick by you understand so be proud of yourself and make others proud of you too :)

Great thread Marti, really cool that everyone has support available this easily :)

hiya everyone. Its day2 for me today and im not really hungry but im finding the whole thing really boring. I miss munching while watchin tv or reading a book. Im also findin it dead hard to have the recommended amount of water. I dont know if anyone else has had this prob but iv woken up this mornin with sore and swollen gums??? All in all im just feelin miserable but am still determined to stick to this. Dont wanna feel the way i felt on my last family gathering. Need loads of help and support from you all. Thanx. x

Survived pizza night altho nearly died from garlic breath poisoning!!! Might have to suck on some raw garlic next Friday.

Day 5 now and still on track. Can't wait till I weigh in on Tuesday morning and to see how you all do after your first week.

Have a great weekend x

Hi

I re-started CD on 2nd Jan ...lost 6 stone on it 3 years ago and managed to keep it all off for about 18mths....but my old habits crept back ..and long story short ..here I go again.
Am on Day 10 and doing OK so far ...I'm a daily weigher ( I know I know ..but it motivates me ) and have so far lost 17 and a 1/4 lbs .

Would love to join your team if you'll have me please

Michaela x

Last edited:
Well done everyone, I am a newbie too, have about 5 stone to lose, am loving the apple and cinnamon porridge and the soups ( not keen on broccoli though had to force it down.) Checked this morning and am in ketosis so should get better now. I have weighede myself but lost nothing yet which is annoying but my counsellor is coming round on Tuesday with his scales so you never know. Fingers crossed.

Hey no pain no gain i am sorry your feeling so low, i wish it wasnt so hard... i try and drink early in the morning as by the eve you would have reached the 2 liters :)

I have to be honest i advoid the TV and book at the moment casue its time you probably would be munching..... instead just go out somewhere or take up a class of some kind, keep busy, my friend said she started sorting out her photo albums and making scrap books this took all her time and before she knew it all her evenings she was ok watching TV and doping her photos.... its the little things that matter, keep those hands busy that often would end up grabbing a packet of chrisp or chocolate

Well the weekend almost over and im finding it hard.... however just had a tough morning that im trying so hard not to reach for the chocolate :(

of course you can join Michaela the more the merrier..... its tough losing then gaining... been there but the good thing is you want to be in control of it and so stick to it :) we will be there to support

YEYEYE sammy for being in Ketosis.... dont weigh urself... wait till Tuesday... (which is when i get wight too :)) casue ifyou wait till ten it will make you stick to it casue you want to know how much you really have lost.... i hve 6 stones and a half to lose.... it feels far away so im going to give myself little prizes when i ahve reached certain goals

Morning all..... morning for me...... afternoon for you!!! We are almost there - first week over. How good is that eh?? In a few days we'll all be able to report how much we've lost and how pleased will we be that we stuck it out??

I agree with you Marti Xia, we need to keep as busy as possible. It doesn't matter what you are doing, just do something. I know that I don't eat cos I'm hungry. I eat cos I'm bored. This week I've spent a lot of time on here to keep my busy and on track and I've watched some of those old movies that I've been meaning to watch for ages. Haven't cheated at all so I'm hoping this week will show a good weight loss. But........ if for some reason it doesn't, I will stick to this diet because I know it works and I know that if I don't loose as much as I want to this week, then next week will be a better one for me.

Stay positive....... thats my motto!!!

I started on ss+ 4 days ago. Ist day was rough, not too bad since then. Really bad head today which hasn't been helped by tablets at all.
I am blaming myself for excessive pigginess over 14 years for having to suffer now. It helps somehow:wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry:

Hi everyone,

Im new! I am on day 3! It's going well so far. I have been forcing myself to drink a litre of water before I eat.... it really works for me. I drink a litre before breakfast, the same before lunch and tea and I am finding I can keep the headaches off. I have then drank 3 litres by 6pm so I try not to drink much in the evening as that way I find I don't have to get up in the night to go to the loo.

I have 7.5 stone to lose!

I would like to join the group too..... I need as much support as I can get! I have never done CD before and never been on a diet forum like this... any tips or ideas you have would be great!

:)

Back