JUST STARTING??? Join this Team so we all encourage one another :)

Hi Tash

We are all January starters on here, welcome on board. I am on day 25 and have lost just over a stone so far. I love CD. I've spent the last 25 years dieting and each year it gets harder. When I first lost weight in my late teens I had a steady weight loss on 1000 calories a day but after I gained weight with both pregnancies its just been a constant struggle. Lose a pound, stay same, gain a pound .... Although I am missing food to a certain degree, the weight loss is reward enough to keep me going. Good luck on your CD journey.

I have just finished my first week and lost seven pounds. I was hoping for more, but I'll take it!

oh no! i just posted but it doesnt look like its worked...so sorry if this comes up again!!

so im on the basic SS and on my 4th day lost 7lbs already! woop! i know im going to need help though as the last two nights ive been thinking about food as if by the time im at goal food will be gone from the world and i need to eat it NOW NOW NOW! But im staying strong and havnt cheated AT ALL!

so if anybody wants to do this together email me or add to msn on [email protected]! am also looking to join a team! lets face it we all need as much help as we can get!!

Erin xx

Hi guys, my second day on CD, not doing too bad , I am determined though.Just need a little encouragement to succeed.Any tips or advice would be greatly appreicated.Thanks.

Hi Janet..... stay busy, stay busy, oh and one more thing stay busy!!!!! Spent most of my first week on here. Also watched a lot of movies and tidied out a lot of drawers!!

Don't have that first bite of anything....... just stick to your shakes and you'll be fine!!

Good luck x

Hi everyone getting back into cd this week, seeing my counsellor on saturday but still got some packs from my last very bad attempt but this time got an insentive to stick to it. Going to South Africa in 54 1/2 weeks lol....time is ticking and don't want to be this weight still this time next year. We are seeing friends we haven't seen in 8 years I don't want to feel like the fat blob on the beach. When I get to the airport I don't want them to recognise me for the right reasons not for oh It can't be her she put on how much??????? lol so pls need some supportxxxxx

Hi everyone this is my first posting and I joined CD 5 days ago. I found day two and day four very difficult, but despite having to sit through a three course meal sipping on my shake I stuck to it. Very pleased! I'm looking forward to keeping on track with your support.

I forgot to ask about water consumption. I am managing to drink about 2.5 litres a day on average, but I am really struggling as I have to go to the loo every 30 minutes. This is proving extremely difficult as my journey to and from work tends to be about 1.5 hours each way! Does your bladder eventually adjust? As this my biggest concern on this programme. :sign0131:

Hi. I'm struggling at the moment. This is day 29. Keep cheating !?!? Only spoonful of this and bite of that but I can't seem to stop myself !! Missed my appointment on Monday because of snow but CDC sent some supplies in the post which was really good of her. I'm seeing her on Sunday and hopefully scales and measurements will spur me on. I'm really angry with myself but can't seem to get a grip. Going to try and make today 100% SS. Fingers crossed.

Hey all old and new people!! welcome... the peeing does get better Frantastic, but im peeing so much after 5 weeks.... just try and drink as much as you can during the day and not much on the eve, as i eneded up waking up and going to the toliet 4 times during the night which as you can imagen breaks the sleeping life!!!

Dobo i am finding it hard sticking to it and im allowed to eat a meal a day, but your lsing and thats better then gainning or staying the same. Also i only lost 2 ib last week but an inch and a half round my waist so it may not be on the scales the weight you lose but around you it may all be going off :)

inspired New Starter !!

well i have been reading on here for the last month and never dared to write on here but today i thought i would join up - i have been doing the cd for 4 weeks now and have lost 36lbs which has been amazing for me i still need to lose about another 53lbs to take me down to 15 stone. My weight troubles started when i had a very high powered job which kept me away from home for about 6 days a week missing out on my children and a normal routine. i was lucky enough to be able to walk out on the job in the end and decided to take a nice long break but have now returned to work and my weight started to bother me . That and just turning 30 has given me the determination and willpower to get on with it !!!1

i have stuck to this perfectly all year now and would say to other people just starting do not deviate from the diet as it is all down hill from there. But my best advice would be to drink as much water as you can as i have lost 36lbs in say 28 days and i put this down to drinking 4+ litres of water a day .

not sure how long im going to carry on with the ss for so im just looking for some encouragement and motivation to carry on. i look and feel the best that i have in a long long time and i know i will get to my goal!!! sorry if i went on a bit !!! feel free to ask me any questions!!!

Well done Johnny, 36lbs is a tremendous weight loss in such a short space of time. Keep it up !

I am trying to get back on the straight and narrow and did 100% day yesterday so feeling bit happier. Same today, I hope.

Hi Johnny9
Wow amazing loss in such a short time you must feel really proud of yourself! Good for you! I've literally just started the diet - this is my 1st day. I must've been stressed about it last night as I was grinding my teeth in my sleep and have had the worst headache all day. I guess I'd like to ask you - is it really as awful as it sounds for the first 2 weeks? And when you do hit the nirvana of Ketosis - how truly stinky does your breath become? : )

Hi everyone. I've also been reading the posts on here and have decided to write. I am now on day 3 and it hasn't been as difficult as i thought. The tough part is not being able to snack when I'm bored. I'm a new mum to an 8 month old and a SAHM too which doesn't help. I've stuck to it 100% and haven't weighed myself but could feel my stomach was a little tighter when i woke this morning. I'm drinking 5 to 6 pints of water which i think is ok. I'd like to lose 3.5 stones by May and I know I'll do it!!!One thing I have noticed is my headaches. Today they have been really bad. Is this normal.

Hey all, just joined today! Starting Monday woo hoo!

Well, time for a quick update. 5 weeks in to the CD diet and saw CDC yesterday. I've now lost 17.75lbs and a total of 12" !! I have been messing around a bit as I've said on here before, not completely blowing it but picking (old habits die hard). CDC said we should be aiming at 3lb per week and I'm averaging 2lb so guess that's where cheating shows up ? I'm going to try really hard this week to SS 100% although CDC did suggest that SS+ might be better option, then at least I'm picking at "legal" food ? Will try SS and see how it goes. Goal is in sight and I'm feeling much happier so that should give me the incentive but sometime I find that can work against you ? Is that just me ?

Dobo.... you're doing so well and almost at target..... well done. Considering how little you had to lose, you've done so well. Keep up the good work and you'll need to start looking for a lovely dress to wear on your big day in May xx

Bonzo

5lbs week 5 is brilliant, well done. Thanks for your support. I might move my target a little bit as i get nearer but i wanted to set myself a realistic goal when I started. 20 years ago I maintained at more like 130lbs but maybe at 40, I need to be a bit more realistic ? I want to be able to eat sensibly and maintain at a healthy weight. Will have to see what next few weeks bring ..

wow i have been readng up dates, im so sorry i have been a stanger for so long, for personal reason i ahd to stop the CD and now getting back on with a meal has been really hard. It doesn't help that o go to a university gym where everyone is small tones and young.

So now im stuggling p this hill, lucky i ahve not weither lost or gained nay weight which im happy but i just cant get under 14 stone!!! i ahve been 14 4 for ages :(

Anyway im so proud of how everyone is doing and keep at it :)

Back