JUST STARTING??? Join this Team so we all encourage one another :)

Hope its going OK Lisa. CDC will get a shock when she next weighs you !?!?!

Hi everyone,
I started CD this morning so wanted to say hi!!
I had a strawberry shake which was suprisingly nice but a little powdery so I obviously didn't blend it enough. Trying to decide what flavour to have for lunch. I have been given 4 packs a day, but am trying to have 3, figured that it was better to have 4 than 3 and cheat cos I am hungry. But so far I feel quite full and am keeping myself topped up with water.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi.
Bingbong

Welcome bingbong

Good luck..... best advice I can give you is to keep busy.

The strawberry shake is my fav. I add some ice to the water and blend it all together..... makes a great smoothie!! Have a good week....

Thanks Bonzo,
I am trying to write an assignment, which isn't a great distraction really! I have thought about food heaps, although I am not hungry which is good. Trying to drink lots, but getting a bit bored of water (already!).
One thing is that there has been lots of food in the house, and people eating and I didn't realise how much I pick!!! Every time I go in the kitchen there is something that is just so easy to reach out and pick up, and so not doing it is something that is requiring concious effort. I didn't expect that. I was feeding my neice before and I really had to think not to eat the bit of cheese she didn't want, or lick the yogurt lid etc.

I also want something to eat! I am not hungry, I just want to eat. I hope that I will get used to not eating soon. I have had two shakes and just tried the porridge which I am really not sure of, feel a little sick. I can have 4 shakes so there is a spare if I need/want it, but obviously that will slow my loss down so don't want to do that if I can help it. Think that I will be totally fine today, when does the hunger hit?

The chocolate shake was nice, but think I prefer the strawberry. I like the ice making it thicker.
What do you do when you are not near a blender? Is a good shake up enough to mix it?
BB x

I'm on day 3 of SS and not having much fun with it, but I think I can stick with it for at least a month.

Re. "Ketostix" - they should be a pink colour. If beige you are not in "ketosis" properly, if purple you are dehydrated.

Ive stared SS+ today, had apple and cinnamon porridge, choc shake in tetra pack at work, vegetable soup and cottage cheese and celery, and lots of water - hope I can stick to it, have only just found this forum and will be searching for tips and info, but if anyone has anything to offer that I may need to know immediately Id really appreciate any advice, thanks

Hey guys i am starting ss and struggling with it big time.

I did lighter life and kept the weight off for 18 months now this Xmas period with stress and medication meant i over ate and now need to lose a stone!!:(

Help and support would be just fabulous :sign0144:

Thanks

Welcome all you newbies...... I myself am now an old timer....... having been on CD for all of 18 days!!!!! Am still doing well but have a long way to go.

The first few days I really suffered with headaches, bad enough to take some pills but not bad enough to send me to bed!! Day 4 was my worst day as it was the first time I really felt hungry. Since then I've been plodding along..... sticking to my shakes, altho as I only like the strawberry one, things are getting a little boring!!!

Not too sure if I could drink the shakes without adding ice and blending it all together. Haven't had to worry about eating out as I've barely left the house since I began CD!!

My husband cooked and shopped for most of the first week which was a godsend but I am now able to do the grocery shopping and cook which is nice..... well the kids are pleased about it anyway!!!

The best piece of advice I could offer anyone starting would be to keep as busy as you can. I spent so much time on here the first couple of weeks just reading other peoples stories and trying to say motivated. I also watched a ton of movies in the first few days and have sorted out most of the cupboards in my house!!

Good luck on your journey....... xx

that is very good advice :) I think that the first week very ahrd, then you get into it. Make sure you surround yourself with food friends who support you . Best of luck for all new starters.... i also suggest little treats you will give yourself once you meet a certain weight

Hi everyone,
I am on day 4 today of SS and it has got so much better! Yesterday was horrible, I was tired and hungry and miserable. Today I have been heaps better.
My favourite is the strawberry to, but I do like others. I just had to do my order via email for next week and that was hard, trying to decide what I wanted to 'eat' for a week!!!
Keep going if you are struggling and drink drink drink. If I am hungry and have a glass of water then I often feel better. And I love the difference in my body already!! I lost 4lb in two days.
Bingbong x

Hi every1 i'm on the end of day two yay have felt ok just a bit grumpy toda find i have to have my shakes hot and can't stomach the cappucino one makes me gag lurrvvveee the toffee and walnut though hope every1s oki loves

Hi all,

Im on day 13 and all is going good, lost 9lbs on my first weigh in, and next wi is friday.

I love reading other peoples incentives for losing weight.

My main incentive is to be slimmer for my holiday in April, also to be able to wear nice clothes and look nice in them.

Plus, to be healthier and fitter.

Good luck everyone xx

Hi, Im going to start this CCSS tomorrow. Wish me luck, i don't think I can do this. But then I think of how thin I could be and accomplish my mission to be happy..Need some TLC lol.

Not feeling so good anyways but I need a kick up my backside, cos I am gonna do this.

Pass some tips over pleasse!

:|

Hi everyone,

just had some porridgw for breaky..felt a lil sickly but appreciated the fact that its a solid. n ive had 3 tall glasses of water. n a slight headache :|

Hi everybody. I'm on day 22. Lost about a stone but next official weigh in is not until next Monday. I've survived two parties and my daughter's 7th birthday and managed to stay on the straight and narrow. Bing Bong mentioned about doing the shakes without a blender. Well I manage as I don't have one. Just add the water and powder in tupperware and shake like mad. That exercise alone must burn off few extra calories ! I'm going out for a meal on Saturday, my friends 40th birthday. I've decided I'm going to eat, partly because i don't want everyone to know I'm doing CD. I will have to be careful, I don't want to wreck the good work I'm doing but also people on here seem to report stomach cramps and things when they eat ??

Its good to see some new people on here and see the thread bumped back up to the top. Well done ladies (and gents), keep it up ! 2009 slimdome here we come ....

Hi all new people :) well you can come here any time you need to let out stress or talk about how it is going.

SO far im eating a meal with my diet. My CDC is really nice (after changing as the other one was too mean) She is doing it herself too which is good and she has given me great tips in what to cook.

It was my birthday week last week and my friend and lets just say i did let things slide a lot... i didn’t lose any weight but to my surprise i stayed the same weight.... i did eat a lot!!!! but coming on this site and reading people losing its made me more determent than ever!! i know that eating a meal a day means i wont lose fast but at least i will lose something and right now i never felt as healthy as i do now... even my boyfriend has noticed.... which is really nice as he is loving being able to pick me up for a little bit longer then usual. He is very supportive and i think that maybe being able to talk to someone close about it helps, my family are really encouraging as well cause they see how determent i am and focused.

So i hope the best for you all and the diet!!!! together we can all do it... just keep focus and if you slip up start again, we are all going so well so far :)

Glad everyone is doing well :)

I've still not lost the 2lbs i miraculously gained this week (ive stuck to the diet 110%) TOTM is due next week so im putting it down to that, Im not going to be tempted to come off the diet.

Although before i gained the 2lbs the other day, i tried on a dress in a size 10 that i bought as a goal dress, and it was tighter and I couldnt do the zip up, when i tried it on this morning the zip went up (with some persausion:D) and it felt a wee bit looser, still mega tight though. strange.

Good luck everyone xxxxxx

Back