Just starting :)

AmyE

Hi,

I am on my first day of Atkins and I'm using the book 'New Atkins, New You'

I'm finding it a bit confusing and still reading, but I am following the meal plan for induction in the book until I get a bit more used to it.

I've stuck to it exactly but I feel very full after having a breakfast of scrambled eggs with two small sausages and spinach leaves and then a lunch of a medium beef steak with 220g of salad and two tbsp of the lemon dill vinaigrette, and don't think I can manage dinner.

Would I be able to just have one of the listed snacks later on instead of another meal and snack later as it says ? because I really am stuffed.

Before I started atkins I was on mostly salads and a bit of meat and things like omelette for breakfast (which was really boring which is why I've started atkins) and I didn't have portions the size that it is suggesting in the book, so could I cut them down a bit without affecting the diet?

Hi,

I am on my first day of Atkins and I'm using the book 'New Atkins, New You'

I'm finding it a bit confusing and still reading, but I am following the meal plan for induction in the book until I get a bit more used to it.

I've stuck to it exactly but I feel very full after having a breakfast of scrambled eggs with two small sausages and spinach leaves and then a lunch of a medium beef steak with 220g of salad and two tbsp of the lemon dill vinaigrette, and don't think I can manage dinner.

Would I be able to just have one of the listed snacks later on instead of another meal and snack later as it says ? because I really am stuffed.

Before I started atkins I was on mostly salads and a bit of meat and things like omelette for breakfast (which was really boring which is why I've started atkins) and I didn't have portions the size that it is suggesting in the book, so could I cut them down a bit without affecting the diet?

fine but try and eat the 130g of veg or 15g carbs in veg

If you are full do not eat hon. You might feel a little different later when you can have some cheese or meat as snack if you cant face a full meal.

Hi Amy,

welcome. :)

Hi & welcome Amy. x

Hi, welcome aboard the board Amy! It's a great place to get all your questions asked and have a really good rant should you need one ;)

hey Amy :) welcome to the forums!! :D

welcome hon x

Hi and welcome,

You'll find lots of support here

Good luck x

Welcome, Amy! You will love this way of eating. It's great, and real food!

I never have that 'can't eat any more' thing of which you speak (lol) but if you are not hungry, don't eat. As others have said, get your 15g veggies down you every day and don't skimp on fats.

Good luck!

Good luck Amy, let us know how you're feeling through induction, everyone here is really helpful & will get how you're feeling. x

Back