Just Starting

Discussion in 'Healthy Eating Forum' started by Trefoil, 13 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Trefoil

Trefoil Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(18.72%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello everyone :)

I'm Ruth and up until 2 weeks ago I was on Slimming World. Lost 6.5lbs in two weeks but struggling with my recently diagnosed (today!) Severe Irritable Bowel Syndrome, my Dr has told me to leave SW. I put 2lbs back on in the next 2 weeks and then stopped going.
    However at the top of end of 13 stone and in an overweight category with my weight and BMI my Dr has said I need to lose weight to stop my chronic Acid Reflux and Indigestion.
    I really don't know how to go about this. I'm 21 in August and don't want to feel the way I do! I could do the normal eat more fruit and veg drink more etc but it makes me ill so im stuck! I'm in despair because I feel as if I have no way of getting out of this!
    Can anyone help?

Thanks

Ruth
    X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.2lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting and low carbs
    Hi Ruth, So sorry to hear that you are having such difficulty with SW due to your IBS. I suffer from this too so I know how debilitating it can be.
    I am presuming that you most probably were doing the programme where you eat a LOT of fruit and veg, altho' I don't really understand the SW regime. Would it not be better if you did a calorie counting weight loss routine and that way you can incorporate the foods that are most suited to you which is what I find much better.

Do hope you manage to get things sorted and can establish exactly what foods you are sensitive to.

All the very best to you .... :)

4. Trefoil

Trefoil Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(18.72%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks very much just having a look at my options now!
    Thanks for cheering me up because I did feel down and your reply made me feel better :)

Can't wait to get started and feel better too!

Ruth
    X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.