Just starting

davytah

Ive started doing the slimming world diet EE from last Thursday.
Finding it ok so far.
I currently weigh 270lb and I'm looking to lose about 70lb.
I want to lose weight because my wife has lost 3 stone and is still losing... Which I am thrilled about but it made me realise that I'm being left behind and that if I didn't do anything now I probably never would.
I chose slimming world as a few people I know have lost weight on it and told me that it was really easy to stick to.
Here hoping I can stick to it and get some inspiration by reading sone of the stories on here.

Welcome aboard! I'm sure you'll do just fine. I look forward to seeing your progress x

Ok so yesterday went pretty well I think.
Walked to work. When I got there,
I had and apple and orange for breakfast
Mid morning I had a banana
Lunch was a prawn salad with 4 ryvetta crisp bread and an orange and a Tin of diet pepsi
Mid afternoon was a big mug of coffee sweetened with canderel
Tea time was a banana and an apple.
By the time I got home from work I was starving and really craving a kebab but I wasn't gonna be bad after being so good, so I made my own
Wholemeal pitta bread
Chicken tikka pieces from Iceland
And light mayo.
Really tasty and cured the craving for a kebab.
And then as a wee treat I had 4 Oreo biscuits. Don't know wether I went over my syns of not cos I can't find Oreos in any of my books.

Catch up time...
Yesterday I was working until 8pm so had to try and figure out what to eat for lunch and dinner. Breakfast was ok i had a bowl of bran flakes so that was breakfast and my healthy extras covered.
Got to work and realised that I'd left my keys at home so had to go all the way back for them, not a good start to the day but I tried not to let it get any worse from there. Had an orange for mid morning snack and a cup of coffee. Lunch was a bit more difficult to think of because unless it's deep fried or smoothered in chocolate the shop next door dosent sell it lol. Lunch ended up being bacon with all the fat cut off and grilled on the George Forman with a full tin of beans and 3 ryvetta.(4.5 syns) then that was followed by a banana and a diet pepsi. Tea time was an apple and an orange.
Work finished and me and the wife went to pick up our little girl from granny's house. Told mum that I was doing slimming world. Decided to do a quick weigh in not supposed to do it until Thursday but couldn't resist... Has to be something wrong with her scales because theyre saying I'm 19st 9lb( was 19st 4lb on Thursday:-( )??? No way I could of put 5pm on from then so I'm opting for boots scales on Thursday. Didnt have dinner when I went home because I was so disheartened of the shock at the scales.

So got up today and had a slice of wholemeal granary toast. Lunch was a cheese and ham sandwich( light cheese naturally ) and 3 bourbon creams. And dinner has just been the mother in laws shepards pie made with extra lean mince. , done lots of exercise today as I am off work ( I done the garden and painted the fence and shed ) I have an orange downstairs now that I'm keeping for later after my bath.
I'm not letting this weight get the better of me.

So yesterday was weigh in day.
Was getting weighed at 12pm so didn't have much to eat only an orange.
Got weighed and I'd lost 6lb :)

Lunch was a bowl of pasta and tuna mixed with a spoon full of light Mayo. Then lots of fruit between then and 5.30.

Dinner was sw chips fish and peas.

I did go over my syns yesterday especially with the fish (12 syns) and I had 4 bourbon creams.
But hey I'll make up for it today.

Ok so haven't up dated in a week but I've been really busy.... Last week was sort of ok... Had a few slip ups but seemed to get back on track by tuesday.... Still had a 2lb loss today so I'm happy days with that :)

I'm finding it really hard at the minute... Just the past 2-3 days I've been really slacking on the diet... Don't know what has come over me but I don't seem to have the same motivation as I had 2 weeks ago. Yes I have been exercising more but It seems the mind set of the diet have been pushed to the side. Think I just need a good kick up the arse to get back in the swing... I'm not expecting much of a loss this week.

Hi Davy stick in their, it will be worth the benefits, summer is around the corner you will kick ur self if you give up now. I only started today but have lost 3 stone in the past. Drinks lots water everyday makes a big difference. Also put weight you have lost in a bag leave it by the fridge and keep picking it up your be amazed at what it weighs, good luck.

Thanks for the pep talk, that's a real good idea about the weight beside the fridge... That would definatley make me think twice before graving the next chocolate biscuit. I have decided that tonight I'm gonna take the dog a long walk tonight when I finish work... Might even try a light jog... Good to know there are always people willing you on whenever your ready to quit. Thanks again.

Good for you nice long dog walk always works for me and my two jack Russell's never complain lol.

Ok the walk went well and I even tried a light jog :p really need to get back on track came home tonight and made the syn free mini quiche 6 in fact and I've eaten 4 already lol

Weigh in today.... I've had a pretty active week and have been really sticking to the diet... Hoping for maybe at least 2lb this week. Keep y'all posted.

Back