Just veg.

redmel

Dreamer
Is it a bit odd to have just a plate of veg, with onion gravy?

I really fancy some carrot n swede, brocolli and cabbage... With some thick onion gravy over it. Maybe a small scoop of mash too....

Am I strange?

Oooh goody hehe... Dh thinks it is weird?

It is on to cook now yummmy x

I don't want to sound totaalt silly but are potatoes classed strictly as veg? Because then things Luke chips and crisps are veg. I always thought them as carbs like pasta And rice but I'm thinking I'm wrong

It was soooo yum. I had carrot, swede, cabbage, onion and gravy...

Yes potatoes are vegetables! It is high in carbs but that is a different label really... Like fats, proteins etc.

Food are mostly categorised at fruit, veg, meat, seafood..... Aren't they? Within those categories you then have foodstuffs with more carbs, or more fats etc...

In my head that is not food to me lol. It's weird. Like once I was at my mates ages back and ended up eating there and there was fish, which I don't eat. So I just ate the veggie sides and even though I got full on it, when I got home I felt like I hadn't eaten anything haha. Even salad. I can't just have a salad for lunch unless it is like a chicken salad or something. Just psychologically lettuce is not a meal!

Potatoes are a vegetable :) they are a starchy root veg so high on the carbs but I did read that new pots in their skins were allowed on the GI diets? Sadly I don't think buttery creamy mash is tho.......Mmmmmm mash!!!

Veggies and gravy sounds fab. Quite often when money was tight as a child, Mum would cook a roast dinner without the meat. Ie, veg and gravy. I still make it now, delicious!!! :)

Yes it did fill me up. I was probably hungry slightly sooner than if there had been meat with it, but it was definitely satisfying.

I had chicken in my curry later on anyway:)

Back