Just wanted to say Hi!

Justintime said:
Hi Chezzg, I'm also doing Slimming World at Home. It does take a bit of getting used to but is a really great diet! I'm doing Green.

I love all the fruits and yogurts I can eat. Plus the Bachelors Dry Pasta Cheese and Brocolli (made with water instead of butter and milk) mixed in with 2 bags of steam veg is even too big a meal for me to finish and also delicious!!!

I try to save my syns for a good chunk of chocolate and find a Boost bar has some kind of good effect on my appetite, it apparantly has guarano in it which is a natural appetite suppressant (I stick it in the freezer and then dip it in my tea - overshare?!!?)

God luck xxx

Mmmmmmm that sounds mega-yummy!! X

Welcome and I look forward to hearing more about your journey, we will ALL get there:D

Thank you Chezzg!! I joined SW last year after I had my daughter and lost 2st 13lbs but since moving a year ago I have put 2st on!! Not good!

But we'll all get there eventually!!

:)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow FC you are so close to your target =D I cant wait to get that far- Welcome to everyone and I'm new too! First day of Exante diet today- starving hungry but only because the food hasnt been delivered yet hehe Xx

Thanks QC! If you look at my start date though I have been at this for rather a long time!! But it's been worth the scenic route and I really feel I can keep it off for life...well at least when I've actually got the last 1/2 stone or so off, which I'm messing about with now!! Note to self: FOCUS!!!! Good luck with your Exante and hope you get as much as I do out of Minis!!X

Still a great result FC =) It makes me so resolute to get there when I see other people have managed it- I find everytime I look at food its not because I'm hungry, yesterday in town was a clear example: I get there, I'm too early, I walk past mcdonalds, really wanted to go in and have a cheese burger for no reason other than it tasting good and knowing theres probably a warm one sitting there waiting for me to buy it, I wasnt hungry! The in starbucks, killing time, I looked longingly at the cakes and thought, I'm NOT hungry, why eat just out of boredom or something to do with my mouth and hands, its just so silly- I'm definitely addressing my issues with food whilst losing weight and I want to encourage myself to look at the issues as much as possible so I dont take a few steps backwards when I come off the diet! Looking at everyones encouraging words on here realllly helps =) Xx

Good Luck

Congrats Hannah. How's your dieting going Chezzg?

Hi Calisweden, I've been okay so far, apart from having a kebab last night, but then I chose a grilled chicken one with lots of salad, no sauces and I didn't eat the pitta! I have found that I struggle every day at around 3pm ...... Don't know why, but I want to eat anything and everything!!! But, I've been using super free foods at these times. Got a friend over on the weekend, and when we get together, it's not good (we drink far too much!) and I've got a day out on Sunday, at splash landings at Alton Tower..... So as long as I spend most of the time in the pool and rapids, I might be okay ;-). Worried in a way, as it will be my first weigh in on Tuesday, and don't want to stuff it up before I begin!!! I'll be happy with a pound!!! How are you doing? X

Congratulations on picking the grilled chicken salad, sounds really yummy. Grilled always tastes better :)

What do you eat for lunch? and are you allowed a snack? I don't know what free foods are, is it something like foods that you're allowed to eat alot of? Sorry I live in Sweden, and the first time I heard of Sliming World was just about 5 days ago :)

A day in the water and rapids sounds nice and fun. Alcohol is dangerous as it has alot of empty calories. But I'm sure you'll make great choices this weekend :)

Cool, you're weigh in day is the same as mine. Look forward to hearing about your first weigh in :)

Depends on which day I am following. On a red day, I'll have something like a tuna salad, and on a green day I'll have a baked potato with beans, with a salad. Super free veg are things like broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, peppers, etc.. So have you just started on SW? I have done it before a long time ago, so I know it works! You must let me know how you do on Tuesday, and if I can help, just shout. Good Luck! X

Quirky_Candy said:
Still a great result FC =) It makes me so resolute to get there when I see other people have managed it- I find everytime I look at food its not because I'm hungry, yesterday in town was a clear example: I get there, I'm too early, I walk past mcdonalds, really wanted to go in and have a cheese burger for no reason other than it tasting good and knowing theres probably a warm one sitting there waiting for me to buy it, I wasnt hungry! The in starbucks, killing time, I looked longingly at the cakes and thought, I'm NOT hungry, why eat just out of boredom or something to do with my mouth and hands, its just so silly- I'm definitely addressing my issues with food whilst losing weight and I want to encourage myself to look at the issues as much as possible so I dont take a few steps backwards when I come off the diet! Looking at everyones encouraging words on here realllly helps =) Xx

I think most of us here are the same QC, which is why we've all ended up needing to address it!! I think that changing our relationship with/perspective of food is as important as the weight loss itself, as this is what's going to keep it off! X

Ohh the super free veggies sounds really nice. That's great that you can eat alot of those. I'm not on SW, I'm doing GI/GL diet, making a change in the way I eat for the rest of my life :)

Calisweden, that's great. At the end of the day, we're all here for the same thing, so I don't think it matters which plan you are on, as long as the weight is coming off hey! Keep me posted on how you're doing! Xx

My end goal is to put things into my mouth like I did when I was a child- unaware of its contents- and once a week weigh myself to make sure I'm doing OK. Anyone tried Yoga on here? Xx

Hi Quirky Candy, I started doing yoga a little over 3 weeks ago, and am loving it.

Are you doing yoga?

Yeah, I love yoga, just did a 40minute routine- not amazingly intensive but I hadn't done it in such a long time it did burn! I used to do it when I could and enjoyed it but this year I've failed miserably- I've gone to the gym like 60 times this year! But when I get home doing Yoga seemed like such a waste of time compared with pounding it at the gym- now I'm on Exante I'm going to scrap the horrendously intensive routines at the gym and do some Yoga each night which should help me buuuurn :D I'm only on Day 2 but my energy levels are great right now =D Hope that stays the same?:eek: Xx

That's really good that you did 40 minutes of yoga. I was only able to do 38 minutes today, but yesterday and before I was only doing 25 minutes. So I've added 13 more minutes, but it sure did kick my butt.

That's really good that you went to the gym:) I'm not much of the gym type, so I really enjoy doing yoga at home. I used a calorie burn calculator and I was amazed at how much calories yoga burns for being low impact.

I've noticed that I have much more energy now:)

Back