Just wondering????????

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by kymsey, 8 January 2009 Social URL.

1. kymsey

kymsey On a journey !

Diet:
    slimming world
    First of all, started sw in Sept (doing from home - alone) lost 1.1/2 stone so far. Gonna start again mon (due to going xmas and going out this weekend)
    But i was thinking....... I want to lose AT LEAST another 1.1/2 stone but you read in magazine etc etc that anyone wanting to lose 3 stone or more should take doctors advise first!??? have any of you lot done this?? xxx:sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kjs1628

kjs1628 Surely....

Start Weight:
    12st8.8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.8lb(8.37%)
    Diet:
    SnS
    Nah!!! I'm sure this is just because they'll think you need support with that much to lose. But since you're doing so amazingly well on your own, I'd just keep at it. Well done you!

kymsey likes this.
  4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I never went to see my doctor before I went to SW and I lost 3 stone in total. In fact, due to high blood pressure it probably would have been good if the doc had told me to lose weight, I may have done something sooner.....(maybe not though!)

5. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My Dr always hints that a diet would be good for me and praises my losses whenever I visit him for my repeat prescription of the pill!
    Ive had a gastric band fitted, but I didnt consult with him first, when I saw him last, he asked loads of questions as he was interested and thought that it was great that I was serious about weight loss!...my Dr's fab! Lol
    I havent seen him about the SW plan either..I know that I need to loose weight.

6. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think you only need to take a Dr's advice if you are about to enter into a new exercise regime, so they can check for any heart problems. Or if you are doing a VLCD because it is so strict. SW is fine and a very good way to lose weight because it's at the recommended 1-2lbs a week.

7. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I don't think you need to see your GP (you'll probably only catch flu in the waiting room anyway!) If you're on BP meds then if you start getting dizzy when you stand up you might need them reducing, but you're doing his/her job for him/her. If you're nervous I would see the practice nurse, they are more clued up.

8. kymsey

kymsey On a journey !

Diet:
    slimming world
    thanks for all your advise, think i will start a diary monday, thanks all xxx:)

9. mfinnis

mfinnis Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think you would only need to see a gp if you had a pre-existing medical condition that would be affected by dieting....eg diabetes, heart probs etc......but seeing as its a healthy diet with the emphasis on losing slowly and gradually over a long time then I wouldn't have thought it was necessary.......a vlcd would be a different story as its so extreme on your body.....

10. Sweet Cheeks

Sweet Cheeks Full Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Ive never been to see a doctor for any diet program ive started and i have about 3 stone to lose so im sure u will be fine xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.