Karenlou has ketostix :)

Karenlou

Gold Member
Hello low-carbers. I've been posting the odd comment on here in the last couple of days so thought it would be polite to introduce myself.

I spend most of my time in the Weight Watchers forum as I've been doing WW since June.

I've been struggling with it since before xmas and, as you will see from my ticker, I'm getting married in 5 weeks so have reverted to low carb to see if I can boost my losses between now and the wedding.

I lost 3 stone on Atkins a few years ago and then fell off the wagon, partly because I became veggie and struggled to find enough lc food without living on cheese!

I'm relaxing my principles a bit over the next few weeks to include fish (meat is murder, fish is justifiable homicide?) and then I'll see what I want to do in the longer term.

Hi Karen

Think we have spoken on the ww site hun. Ive come over to here as I have a medical condition that requires a low carb diet.
Im still counting my points too (force of habit I think now!)

Good luck babes and Im know you will look beautiful on your wedding day!

xx

Thanks Jools. I'll still be counting points as well as carbs, if only from force of habit ha ha.

I didn't know you'd changed to lc because of a medical condition. It's interesting, especially as lc gets so much bad press, how many conditions do benefit from a lc diet.

Have you seen Dr Barry Groves' website ( www.second-opinions.co.uk )? I don't agree with everything he has to say but some of his stuff is very interesting.

oooooo will have a look babes thanks for the link.

Yes I have a problem digesting carbs and also have severe polycystic ovaries and obviously retain insulin from that and gain weight VERY easily!

Am hoping atkins / low carb can help me!

xx

jools just had to comment on your last post, i have pcos too & low carb is the only diet that's worked for me, Dr's recommended the usual low fat, smaller portions 'diet' but that just didn't work.

hope you find the low carb helps you too :)

ooo sarah thats really good to know hun. I have a carb intolerence too so lots of carbs is not the right option for me although I am a carb queen!

Good luck babes and keep us posted!
xx

My brother was recommended an LC diet as he was diabetic.

OOOOPs sorry, Hi Karen. :D

Hi Jim.

Well I am thoroughly enjoying my diet so far - can't remember why I ever came off it! Had quorn and mushrooms in a wine and cream sauce for tea tonight and I am as full as a full thing.

Will be interested to see how I get on when I weigh in on Friday.

I know Karen, I'm loving my Atkins maint. :)

Had a bit of a blip yesterday as I ordered swordfish and salad but they brought me swordfish and potatoes and peas. Keith told me to send it back but I'm too much of a wuss so I ate it.

OMG!!! My tummy bloated up within minutes, I could hardly believe it! I'm so back on track today - never going to let that happen again!

Decided to weigh in tomorrow rather than Friday as Thurs is my usual wi day. Will have only being doing lc for 6 days (5 if you take off yesterday) but I'll get a better idea of how I'm doing next week.

Keith told me to send it back but I'm too much of a wuss so I ate it.

LOL, ah well, back on track today then. :)

Yes, got back on track yesterday with no problems and weighed in the this morning. The scales say...

I've lost 4lbs! Which considering I've only done 5 days of lc this week is pretty pleasing as you can imagine! I'm hoping for another good loss this week as I'm determined to send accidental carby food back this time. Especially as it seemed to play havoc with my stomach!

Reactions: Jim
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH that's great, well done Karen:D:D

Cracking, Karen.... Your going to look lovely on your wedding day, babes. Good for you, hunni....

Bridesmaidwannabe Woof X

Thanks guys. Lol woof. I have a load of virtual bridesmaids on the weight watchers forum too so you'll have to join them x

Would love to, hunni. Just dont throw your flowers my way, I would run a mile...
What date is your big day?

Pinkbridesmaid Woofy X

Yes, got back on track yesterday with no problems and weighed in the this morning. The scales say...

I've lost 4lbs! Which considering I've only done 5 days of lc this week is pretty pleasing as you can imagine! I'm hoping for another good loss this week as I'm determined to send accidental carby food back this time. Especially as it seemed to play havoc with my stomach!

Well done hun thats brill. Your doing quiet well on low carb/ww. At the begining of March, I be trying low carb as well. Going to do WW and Go lower.

Keep up the good work. Do you have a certain amount you want to loose before the big day?

The date is 6 March so 4 weeks tomorrow (gulp!). I wanted to be under 14 stone by then but I have had a bad stall since Xmas. I'm 14 stone 11 as of today so I'm hoping for 2lbs a week for the next 4 weeks, which would take me to 14 3. Of course, I'm secretly hoping to lose more but I know it's not necessarily going to happen.

Hi Keisha, nice to see you visiting over here. What's Go Lower? Is it a kind of low carb meal replacement?

I have to say that I think I have really found a way of eating here that suits me. I liked low carb before and regret coming off it. I know it's early days for me but I'd like to sustain lc long term.

Your target for your wedding is doable and it will be a plus if you loose more than you expected. Yeah is a low carb, low gi, high protein meal replacment with calories ranging from 1200 - 1500, so it work within ww points.

Back