ProPoints Karen's 'Scenic Route to Target' Diary

I got their smart price rice pudding which was about 20p and only 4pp for 1/2 can. Add 1pp for some jam and that's a yummy 5pp pudding :)

I got their smart price rice pudding which was about 20p and only 4pp for 1/2 can. Add 1pp for some jam and that's a yummy 5pp pudding :)

Yummy! I love the Smart Price Strawberry Jam, get loads for 1pp and only 29p a jar! X How's your day been Karen? X

I know - bargain money wise and bargain on pp! It seems that their basics stuff is actually not bad on pp at all. And so cheap yet tasty.

I visited a friend for dinner this evening so felt somewhat out of control..she is super skinny but cooks everything in loads of oil (it's just not fair!) so I asked for just a chicken breast (no sauce), jacket potato (no butter) and salad. I just need to look at the oil and it goes straight to my hips! Hope you're ok, you deserve to enjoy your birthday tomorrow after working so hard over the last few months. x

Today's food:

Breakfast:
Red bull x2 (6)

Lunch:
Leftover spag bol (6)
WW double chocolate muffin (yummy!!) (5)

Dinner:
Chicken (4)
Jacket potato (6)
Salad (0)

Raspberries (0)
Custard (2)
Wonka bar (6)

Daily 32/32
Weekly 49/49
Activity 0/26

Activity points earned:
20 min swimming +2
18 min brisk walk +2

I know - bargain money wise and bargain on pp! It seems that their basics stuff is actually not bad on pp at all. And so cheap yet tasty.

I visited a friend for dinner this evening so felt somewhat out of control..she is super skinny but cooks everything in loads of oil (it's just not fair!) so I asked for just a chicken breast (no sauce), jacket potato (no butter) and salad. I just need to look at the oil and it goes straight to my hips! Hope you're ok, you deserve to enjoy your birthday tomorrow after working so hard over the last few months. x

I couldn't agree more! I'm on such a tight budget I enjoy experimenting with the Value Ranges! X

Your Din Dins sounds yummy, go you with your Willpower!mi too have a Friend like yours, it's so irritating ;-) x

Today's food:

Breakfast:
Red bull x2 (6)

Lunch:
Leftover spag bol (6)
WW double chocolate muffin (yummy!!) (5)

Dinner:
Chicken (4)
Jacket potato (6)
Salad (0)

Raspberries (0)
Custard (2)
Wonka bar (6)

Daily 32/32
Weekly 49/49
Activity 0/26

Activity points earned:
20 min swimming +2
18 min brisk walk +2

Those WW Chocolate Muffins are AMAZING with Light Squirty Cream for an extra 1pp! A While ago I got them reduced in Morrrisons to 5p Each so I enjoyed experimenting for a whole week ;-) x

I never go shopping at the right times to find any bargains :(

I'm changing jobs in 2 weeks and don't have much work to do now until I leave here so today I'm going through the nutritional values on the Asda website and working out pp values so I know what to order on my next shop. Half an own brand peshwari naan is only 4pp and I'm happy to spend an extra pp on it instead of the WW ones. So I'll get those for 67p for 2 and cut them in half then freeze them..is it sad that this excites me?! Lol. Smart price fairy cakes 2pp each too :) x

I never go shopping at the right times to find any bargains :(

I'm changing jobs in 2 weeks and don't have much work to do now until I leave here so today I'm going through the nutritional values on the Asda website and working out pp values so I know what to order on my next shop. Half an own brand peshwari naan is only 4pp and I'm happy to spend an extra pp on it instead of the WW ones. So I'll get those for 67p for 2 and cut them in half then freeze them..is it sad that this excites me?! Lol. Smart price fairy cakes 2pp each too :) x

I bought SP Fairy Cakes, they are quite yummy! Great news about the Naan too, I love a good Naan! PS-You're in good company for working stuff out, I'm just the same hence the nickname Rainman ;-) What job are u changing to? X

I don't often have time to work out the pp so generally buy the WW stuff that's already pointed or the light tesco stuff that has the points already on. But thought I'd make the most of my spare time and I'm glad I did!

I'm a bathroom showroom manager at the moment but I don't really enjoy management or selling bathrooms and prefer to be hands on so I'm going back to being a kitchen designer which is what I did before I got this job. I can't wait :)

Breakfast:
3x asda crumpets (5)
Marmite (0)

Lunch:
Salad (0)
McCain smiles jacket potato (3)
Red Leicester cheese (1)
Banana (0) with chocolate mousse (2)
Orange kit kat (3)

Dinner:
Chilli (4) and wedges (3)
Dairy milk (6)

Daily 27/32
Weekly 49/49
Activity 0/27

Activity earned:
15mins wii zumba +1

Breakfast:
3x asda crumpets (5)
Marmite (0)

Lunch:
Salad (0)
McCain smiles jacket potato (3)
Red Leicester cheese (1)
Banana (0) with chocolate mousse (2)
Orange kit kat (3)

Dinner:
Chilli (4) and wedges (3)
Dairy milk (6)

Daily 27/32
Weekly 49/49
Activity 0/27

Activity earned:
15mins wii zumba +1

I love those Jacket Smiles, such good value for 3pp! How much cheese did you get for 1pp? How has your day been Karen? X

Not a lot of cheese actually! I bought a 30g mini block from tesco which I cut into 4 (to last all my lunches this week) so it only worked out at 1pp but just enough to give a little bit of extra flavour to the potato. Those potatoes are so good for work and 3pp feels like such a bargain as they are very filling.

I just saw the picture of your nandos. It made me very jealous...I looooooove nandos! I hope you had a lovely day and enjoyed your extended birthday celebrations. X

Not a lot of cheese actually! I bought a 30g mini block from tesco which I cut into 4 (to last all my lunches this week) so it only worked out at 1pp but just enough to give a little bit of extra flavour to the potato. Those potatoes are so good for work and 3pp feels like such a bargain as they are very filling.

I just saw the picture of your nandos. It made me very jealous...I looooooove nandos! I hope you had a lovely day and enjoyed your extended birthday celebrations. X

I love those Jackets too, was buying them in bulk when they was £1 a pack! I loveeeee Nandos too, got one more Celebration tomorrow and then ill get new Weeklies on Friday for the next lot of Celebrations! Thank God! X

Been to weigh in tonight and only lost 0.5lb so it seems despite all the exercise I am still well and truly in the same plateaux as I have been for the last couple of months. Dread to think what my weight would be doing if I haven't been exercising! :-/

After a bit of a chat with my leader we have decided that my plan of action for the week is to increase my exercise further and not use all my weeklies. So this week I am giving myself 25 weeklies to work with and I am aiming for over 30AP. Fingers crossed this plateaux comes to an end soon!

Been to weigh in tonight and only lost 0.5lb so it seems despite all the exercise I am still well and truly in the same plateaux as I have been for the last couple of months. Dread to think what my weight would be doing if I haven't been exercising! :-/

After a bit of a chat with my leader we have decided that my plan of action for the week is to increase my exercise further and not use all my weeklies. So this week I am giving myself 25 weeklies to work with and I am aiming for over 30AP. Fingers crossed this plateaux comes to an end soon!

Hey Karen, Sorry to hear your Loss wasn't as big as you were hoping but a Loss is still better than a Gain. I hope that your Plan of Asction works and you get the Result you deserve next week. How are u feeling this morning? X

I'm not upset with the loss as it's still going in the right direction and where I take my measurements every week I know I've lost in inches but it's very frustrating when the scales are being stubborn!

I'm a bit tired this morning, was catching up with an old friend last night which ended up being a bit later than I'd planned. I'm meeting up with another friend tonight so will be another late one...I'm going to the bingo and trying to plan in advance what I can eat. I'm thinking jacket (no butter) with beans and salad. Just hope they don't run out of jackets like they normally do! Do you have anything exciting planned for today?x

I'm not upset with the loss as it's still going in the right direction and where I take my measurements every week I know I've lost in inches but it's very frustrating when the scales are being stubborn!

I'm a bit tired this morning, was catching up with an old friend last night which ended up being a bit later than I'd planned. I'm meeting up with another friend tonight so will be another late one...I'm going to the bingo and trying to plan in advance what I can eat. I'm thinking jacket (no butter) with beans and salad. Just hope they don't run out of jackets like they normally do! Do you have anything exciting planned for today?x

Your Din Dins sounds good, fingers crossed they have it in stock (and you win the Bingo!). I've been to a Community Lunch today. X

Thankfully they had the jacket potato as everything else on the menu looked pp infested! They put the beans and cheese in separate little pots and butter portions on the side so I could make it plan friendly (left half the cheese).

I planned to up my exercise I worked a bit too hard on the 30DS and have made the tendonitis in my shoulder worse so I'm having an exercise break this week to give it time to heal a bit.

Today's food:

Breakfast:
25g slice best of both toast (1)
1/4 LCL (0)
Marmite (0)
1/2 punnet of raspberries (0)
Spoonful of WW yoghurt (0)

Lunch:
1/3 uncle bens sweet chilli rice (3)
1/3 pack of asda sweet chilli chicken (2)
Salad (0)
Tbsp light salad cream (1)
1/2 punnet raspberries (0)
WW lemon cake (2)

Dinner:
Chicken (4), rice (4), peppers (0), onion (0), nandos sauce (0), nandos chip sprinkle (0)
Homemade low fat blackberry and apple strudel (2) with asda smart price custard (3)
Snacks:
Apple (0)
Orange kit kat - 3 fingers (4)

Daily 26/32
No weeklies
No AP

My leader will tell me off for this but my plan this week is to use 26 daily pp instead of 32 and not use any of my 49 weeklies and see if that helps to get some of this sodding weight off. I know it's less than I'm meant to have but this plateaux has been going on since September and the last 2 weeks have been a STS and -0.5lb despite 540 minutes of exercise over that fortnight so I feel like I need to be a bit drastic for my own sanity! I have planned my food all the way up to WI next Wednesday and chosen tasty but low pp meals so hopefully that will keep me on track.

Thankfully they had the jacket potato as everything else on the menu looked pp infested! They put the beans and cheese in separate little pots and butter portions on the side so I could make it plan friendly (left half the cheese).

I planned to up my exercise I worked a bit too hard on the 30DS and have made the tendonitis in my shoulder worse so I'm having an exercise break this week to give it time to heal a bit.

Today's food:

Breakfast:
25g slice best of both toast (1)
1/4 LCL (0)
Marmite (0)
1/2 punnet of raspberries (0)
Spoonful of WW yoghurt (0)

Lunch:
1/3 uncle bens sweet chilli rice (3)
1/3 pack of asda sweet chilli chicken (2)
Salad (0)
Tbsp light salad cream (1)
1/2 punnet raspberries (0)
WW lemon cake (2)

Dinner:
Chicken (4), rice (4), peppers (0), onion (0), nandos sauce (0), nandos chip sprinkle (0)
Homemade low fat blackberry and apple strudel (2) with asda smart price custard (3)
Snacks:
Apple (0)
Orange kit kat - 3 fingers (4)

Daily 26/32
No weeklies
No AP

My leader will tell me off for this but my plan this week is to use 26 daily pp instead of 32 and not use any of my 49 weeklies and see if that helps to get some of this sodding weight off. I know it's less than I'm meant to have but this plateaux has been going on since September and the last 2 weeks have been a STS and -0.5lb despite 540 minutes of exercise over that fortnight so I feel like I need to be a bit drastic for my own sanity! I have planned my food all the way up to WI next Wednesday and chosen tasty but low pp meals so hopefully that will keep me on track.

Hey Karen :)

I'm so glad that they had the Jacket Potato, bet you was relieved!

I know that the -6pp isn't exactly advertised by WW, but it is an offered option on Value Diary so I think you will do just fine as you're not going below the WW PP Minimum either.

It's amazing what 26pp actually 'buys' you when you give it some thought, really looking forward to reading your Food Diary each day. X

Hi Serena, how are you today? I was very relieved I could have a relatively healthy dinner :)

That's good to hear, hopefully my leader won't be too annoyed with me at my next meeting after a week of doing my own thing lol. What's Value Diary? I've never heard of that.

I'm sure 26pp won't be a problem when I'm at work and at home, it's just if I'm thrown into an unexpected social situation I might struggle. I suppose it's good practice for when I finally make it to target!x

Day 2 of 26pp and no weeklies:

Breakfast:
Grapes (0)
Sugar free red bull (0)

Lunch:
Sweet chilli chicken (2)
Sweet chilli rice (3)
Salad (0)
Raspberries (0)
25g custard (0)

Dinner:
Chicken breast (4)
Frylight 'roast' potatoes (3)
Peas (1)
Carrots (0)
Brocolli (0)
Runner beans (0)
1tbsp apple sauce (0)
Homemade stuffing (2)
Onion gravy (1)
WW sticky toffee pudding (4)

I have saved enough points for a dairy milk (6) while I'm watching X Factor.

Back