Karens WW Diary

oops, crossed posts. Thanks DI4M. We are watching the latest karate kid at the mo. im explaining the olden day one and she doesnt look very convinced lol. hows your friday? xxxxx

I cant sleep so I have meal planned for the morning and caught up on some diaries :) you guys are doing brilliantly and i feel like ive missed loads of great news while not feeling well. Starting to feel better though.

Day 66

Breakfast

None

Lunch

Panini (7)
60g chicken (2)
10g chopped bacon medallion (0)
35g extra mature cheddar (4)
Side salad (0)
BBQ sauce (1)

Dinner

Homemade cottage pie:
125g extra lean mince (6)
250g mashed spuds (5)
onion, carrot, oxo, tinned toms, spices (0)
petit pois (1)
side of Greenbeans (0)
WW toffee cheesecake (5)

Snacks

Pineapple

Total: 31/35

Last edited:
Hope u are feeling better lovely

Sounds like a nice day and some good duvet time... hope u got to sleep and plan looks good!

U might be on for ur 4lb loss the way u are going ;) lol

thanks for forgiving me for my weeklies... have only had 11 in 3 days but will def go over 21 hehe

xxx

hiya Carly,

i am still going for the 4lbs! I dont feel ive been much of a challenge for you so am trying to catch up :D i know weight clings if you under-eat though so thats something i cant help but im trying. I just had half of my lunch and feel sick for it. i dont know why this is lasting so long :( I didnt have breakfast afterall so its just half of a panini so far today and a couple of pain killers. i dont mean to sound like a moaning murtle but this is getting on my nerves now. just want to sleep! My youngest is still with his buddy, they've gone to the cinema. me and kirsten are lounging around like a pair of slobs. shes been out on her bike but came home to snuggle her miserable mother. she said shes trying to make the most of time alone with me... so i feel even more guilty that im not doing anything significant with her :( xxx

Aww darling! It's not your fault u don't feel well! I'm sure she is loving just having alone time! I really hope u feel better soon xx

Aw Karen, don't feel guilty. You aren't choosing to feel unwell ((())). I hope you are feeling a bit (well, a lot actually) better. xx
PS I've just spotted you are in Plymouth, I'm just up the road in Exeter, small world eh.

Thanks ladies. howdy neighbour :) I havent been to Exeter for ages but do love browsing the town (any excuse to shop!). Hubby used to work there so we went up quite often. Are you from Exeter or just living there currently? xxx

we are camping downstairs again but my youngest is back now so theres 3 of us. i thought they would have fallen asleep ages ago but noooo.. they are watching 'The Princess and the Frog' and eating popcorn. Thats why I am online... trying to distract myself from the lovely smell of freshly nuked popcorn!

Tomorrow hubby and jay are home. the kids are going to bake cookies as a Fathers Day gift to kevin. He is American and a huge fan of all typically american style junk. he loves pancakes, mountain dew, pizza and most of all...giant home-made gooey choc chip cookies. i dunno why I am the fat one! maybe the 5 miles a day he runs helps burn off all the crap he eats lol. so, the kids are in charge of baking and Im going to do a roast dinner as i used to do them religiously on a sunday but havent cooked one for about 4 months and they are a fav of kevins. hopefully i can eat it without feeling sick! I am feeling a lot better than i felt yesterday so i think i'll be ok by tomorrow. I didnt end up having cottage pie tonight... i wanted it because i am desiring stodgy comfort food but in practicality, i cant stomach it so i had a chicken salad instead.

So I go away soon and will miss my weigh-in on Wednesday. i have found another local class that runs on a Thursday evening so I can still weigh-in whe i get back but it will be a day late. i could weigh 2 days early but im not doing that when i am competing with Carly to hit the 21lb mark! (sorry carly :D )

I found my slimming world book today so had a browse through my losses to compare them with WW. By my 10 week on SW I had 7 weeks of losses and 3 weeks of gaining! not consistant at all! despite the 3 gains i had lost 21lb overall so i definitely lose faster with SW but i am too yo-yo-ish with it. Also, after the 10th week on SW, it took me another 12 weeks to lose the next stone so the fast losses were only in the beginning. I had started to struggle but kept at it... losing and gaining the same few lbs until i eventually lost heart and gave up. The lowest I had reached was 16st 13.5lbs and I am currently at 17st 9lbs. I am determined to get past that weight now. It'll be my lightest weight in 6 years and is also just over my 10% goal so definitely something to fixate on :D

right... i am totally rambling now... mainly because there is still popcorn. They are falling alseep now so i will bin it once they have drifted off completely.

goodnight minis xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey lovely... hope u feel up to the sunday lunch tomorrow.. and maybe a cheeky cookie.. sounds like the kids are having a lovely time with their poorly mummy! :) hope u feel better tomorrow xx

Good Morning Minis and thanks Carly,

Im feeling a lot better this morning. My tum is tender and i still feel faintly sickly but miles better than i was. I have to do Kirstens packing for tomorrow for her sailing trip and my packing for Tuesday as well as grocery shopping so i am glad to feel a lot more functional :)

I am looking forward to my trip... except for 1 aspect.... its being filmed :cry: I dont fancy being this size, huffing/puffing, trying to do all the activities, being interviewed and having the event recorded. Its going to be shown around the police force, universities, social services and probably loads more council related places that i havent even thought of. I would probably be very eager if i wasnt this size. its all about equality and anti-racial work which i am quite opinioned/out-spoken about but i am terrified of being interviewed because of my stupid weight. its already going to be unflattering enough not being able to wear make-up and living in the flipping woods lol. Going to have to do my best to camera-dodge and still enjoy time with the young people. On the positive side, i am quite close to a few of the young people and keen to do some intense yoof working around some of their issues in a situation/environment where they cannot get away from me easily :D I guess the only way to escape me is to befriend the camera man... i'll steer well clear then.

right... back to today. novelty atari mug, nivea for men products, bottle of wine, box of chocs and fathers day card ready and waiting for hubby. Roast dinner and homemade baked goods next on the list. Im going to fill in menu and work out the points when i get home from shopping. I'm going to avoid the bacon wrapped sausages and yorkshire puds BUT i am going to allow myself a big wedge of greenbean casserole. Its made with campbells 98% fat-free mushroom soup and greenbeans so thats easily low PPs but it also has a bunch of fried onion salad bits in it :eek: so i hope they arent too high in PPs. if anyone is interested in the recipe, lemme know and i'll post it - its just devine with chicken or gammon. xxx

HAPPY FATHERS DAY, MMers! xxxxx

Day 67

Breakfast

Banana and pineapple (0)

Lunch

ham salad sarnie (7)

Dinner

Roast Dinner:
175g cooked asda applewood smoked Gammon (9!!!)
250g fri-lighted roast spuds (5)
Gravy (2)
Brocolli (0)
carrots (0)
Greenbean Casserole (4)
WW toffee cheesecake (5)

Snacks

pineapple
4 minstrels (2)
25g walkers crisps (4)
options hot choc (1)

Total: 35/35 + 4 weeklies

Last edited:
Hi hun! Your trip sounds absolutely amazing! All the people watching ur film
Will be in awe of how committed, opinionated and fabulous u are and will see ur lovely smile not the few lbs u want to lose :) enjoy ur time - it will be fab!

Hope today goes well too :) I want homemade White choc chip cookies please and thanks ;) enjoy ur roast xx

thanks carly xxx

Im stuffed. I am horrified to say i have eaten 9 PPs worth of gammon..LOL. what a greedy pig ive been today :D making up for all that missed food while ive been poorly!

Wow, your trip away sounds incredible - I'm sure you'll be fabulous. How interesting to look back at your SW records and how the weight loss was inconsistent and slowed down. 16st 13.5lbs is achievable and I'm sure you'll do it, you sounds so motivated and determined.

As for 9PP of gammon - heck, better it's protein than 9PP of junk :) I hope you got to taste at least some of the homemade cookies :D Sound yummy.

I've been in Exeter for almost 20 years (OMG, where did that time go?!) but am from Berkshire originally... don't see myself heading back that way again, I enjoy the more sedate pace too much!
Michaela x

Glad u enjoyed your day! And 9pp of gammon is nothing lol! Glad u are eating again :) x

Were all rooting for you to get to your 10% goal! You can do it :D x

I have set up a new 28lb by new year challenge - 1lb a week - who's with me!!! It's in teams

I have also set up a Christmas challenge for those who want to aim higher and set a target for the next 6 months - also in teams section

Hope to see u all there xx

heya guys xxx

Michaela, I feel exactly the same about moving to the south west... would never go back now as I much prefer the slower lane :) Ive been here just over 8 years now and dont miss London at all. Mind you, Berkshire is a whole lot nicer than London :D

Thanks Carly and MrsM, today has been a good day and I definitely feel a lot more confident that I can hit 10% soon(ish). I like having these short targets to focus on... they're so much easier to tackle than just looking at the big journey as a whole.

I've really missed my dad today. I hate that hes working away in London at the moment... im such a daddies girl. Im glad my mum is visiting him this week.. i'd hate to think of him alone on fathers day. My brother still lives in London but he is in Disney until Tuesday. I think hubby enjoyed his fathers day... hes gone to bed now as he is exhausted from camping but he liked the meal and gifts. I missed him and our eldest this weekend and am glad to have them back. Jay met a girl on the camping trip and has spent alllll day moping since he got back :rolleyes: Young love! he is such a prude and its kinda funny cos Im very open-minded. He just REFUSES to have any kind of relationship conversations with me cos I take it too far, apparently :eek:. Im a youth worker and the youth i love most is the one who speaks to me the least :rolleyes: he compares me to the mum in the transformers movies... the one who follows her son around trying to discuss masterbation and STIs while he desperately tries to run away :D so anyways... he wont tell me a darn thing about this girl or if he is going to see her again. thats fine though.... he'll tell hubby and hubby will tell me...

Ive done daughters packing. I wont see her until Thursday! She is really looking forward to her trip though :D

Ive done some of my packing... will finish tomorrow evening. I am going into work in the morning as I am doing all the shopping for the trip now. I need to buy groceries for 18 people for almost 3 days so have roped in a couple of young people to help me fetch it all. The good thing is that by chosing the food, i can make sure its WW friendly and i am going to pack my kitchen scales so i can weigh my portions of everything. I should be fine for staying on track so thats very cool.

Good night minis!

xxxxxxxxxx

Well done for another busy day! Lol at the nosey mum bit :) how cute!!! Awww young love :D x

ooo i'll join carly! thanks chuck xxxx

Yay!!!!

Hi Karen, sorry to hear you havnt been well . sounds like a horrible stomach bug you had. glad you are feeling better now. .feeling much less "sore" in the nether regions today!!!! so have to refocus now .had a real blowout day yesterday so back to reality today pointing. You seem really buzy with your crew going off on trips etc . will be very quiet here now for the week . not supposed to drive for 2 weeks !!!! (I dont think so!! ) . talk soon

P.s was laughing at teenage son bit. My guy would be exactly the same but I think he would faint if a girl wanted to go out with him. He is very shy (as far as I know !!)

Back