Karens WW Diary

Hi Jo, breda and michaela. 'Visual incentive' ha, I like it :D I have to laugh because when we are walking, he'll say something about how fantastic the view is... and I'll grin to myself and enthusiastically agree that the view is great. I don't quite know when I turned into such a dirty old woman lol. There's a couple of things in my work contract that I need to clarify but its looking like I will accept. I thought it would take ages to get a suitable job so I am totally thrilled :)

Yea !!! congratulations Karen . am delighted for you. Its exciting to have a new direction in life. I hope its everything you want and more.:D:D

Good Morning Minis!

Thanks Breda xxx I am really excited but feeling a little daunted about leaving where I am now. I have worked really hard setting up good relations between local gov and anti-racial org and I know a few young people are going to be quite upset about my leaving. I am hoping that the anti-racial org will accept me as a volunteer as I dont want to leave the YPs I currently work with. I would also like to do my student placement and 3 month youth project with them in January. Hark at me moaning about a better paid and more convenient job lol. I dont mean that at all... its just going to be a shock for some people and a real tug for me to leave. Totally excited about new job though :D Im going to sign the contracts and send them off on Monday.

Last night we had a celebratory Chinese and it was LOVELY! The kids all got excellent school reports yesterday and obviously, i got the job offer so it was huge grins all round and definitely worthy f stuffing my face with singapore chow mein :D

This morning i attacked left over prawn crackers which was stoopid but will track it and behave from now. No point joining the gym and walking up Tors if im going to let diet slip!

Today my girl is playing in a footy match so hubby has left with her. I wanted to go for a swim at some stage but I think i may go into town and get fitted for some hiking boots and some decent trainers for the gym. Im also going to book myself in to the gym for a bunch of classes. I feel so ridiculous getting so puffed out when Im walking on an incline! I need to really get my fitness up :)

Day 79

Breakfast
options hot choc (1)
Prawn Crackers! (5)
Banana (0)

Lunch
WW sandwich (7)
Fruit (0)

Dinner
2 Prawn Skewers (3)
60g wholewheat spaghetti (6)
homemade chilli and tom sauce (0)
Salad (0)

Snacks
TBA

Total Dailies: 21/34

Congrats on the job missy!!!!! Xxxxxxx

heya carly, thanks! I am being utterly rubbish with our race! I totally went off the boil yesterday for no good reason. I fell out with our eldest and my hubby yesterday but i dont think that was really it. i ate loads.. binged in fact! i dont get why i am behaving like this when things are going so well. im worried it will keep happening until i figure out what the problem is. i have considered i am not coping very well with falling out with my dad. i dunno, im stumped! im going to do my best to stay on track now and hope for a sts on wednesday. I'd love to hit my 2 stone mark by my 100th day on WW so will try to aim for that. that is 20 days from now....

Day 80

Breakfast
2 x Hovis seedy bread (6)
40g Asda extra mature cheddar (5)
30g Ketchup (1)
Cup of tea (0)

Lunch
Tescos Sweet Chilli Chicken & Noodles (9)

Dinner
2 Prawn Skewers (3)
60g wholewheat spaghetti (6)
homemade chilli and tom sauce (0)
Salad (0)

Snacks
TBA

Total Dailies: 30/34

Sounds like you're having a bit of a rough time... Parents are a nightmare aren't they :-( I've got into the habit of just agreeing with my mum now because she's rubbish at arguing because she's always wrong and I don't see the point of arguing with someone who just argues for the sake of it... Parents :-(

Anyway I hope you can get things sorted and feel better about things... You've done so well so far you don't want it to set you back!!!!

thank you chuck... you are totally right. I was flying along doing amazingly well with tracking and consistantly losing. I have only just started this journey and dont want to mess it up when i still have at least 7.5 stones to go! I will just have to be militant now. I reckon a combination of gaining at last WI, having a house guest, having everyone against me at the mo and being totally out of routine has just thrown me through a hoop. I have taken a bit of flack for having S in my home by my managers as well as my family. I have actually been told not to return to work until he has left. Its been done very politely and my manager has been wonderful but up the line are some very unhappy executives! I dont see it is any of their business as S is not a youth and i have done this with the support of another agency but they wont budge and insist i have crossed professional boundries. so i am going to have to spend tomorrow finding him somewhere else to go. he doesnt know any of this yet as i dont want him to feel bad or think he has gotten me into trouble. what a nightmare! I am so glad to have gotten this other job but my current manager will have a bundle of refs to fill in on Monday and im worried she will mention all this to new employers. I know she will be facing paperwork from my new employer as my 2nd ref called me yesterday to say she has recieved them. ho-hum... i hope manager will be nice about me... she has been supportive so far but will do what she feels is right (which is totally fine but agh!!). i should have handled it all much better than i have. i should have approached my supervisor to check this would be ok b4 i invited S. lesson learned. i dont regret it and still dont really see how it conflicts with my job but will accept i should have spoken to someone first and take account of it. I have left 4 PPs for this evening and intend them to be used on booze.

on the up-side, yesterday i bought some proper (bloody expensive) hiking boots and some aerobic trainers for the gym. i am going to go as utterly mental as i can this week (and beyond). i have to get fit, i just have to!!

Sounds like your motivation is back on track!! I'm such a girl... I couldn't wear walking boots because they would make my feel look big :-( how pathetic is that???

I'm doing at least an hour on the wii a day at the moment.. Just finished placement on Thursday so got lots more free days now so need to get out and about again.. Start running again too... I WILL BE THIN!!!

Have booked then venue for a party for my 30th birthday at the end of October, would like to lose another 2 stone by then... !!

As for 's' it's a shame doing a good thing has got you into trouble.. I hope you can find him somewhere suitable to go..

Hi Karen , new boots ,new runners, this girl means business!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see you are refocussed but you have had a lot going on. onwards and downwards girl:D

Hope things work out ok with new job/old job situation. Surely noone could hold it against you for being a caring person . It is a caring profession surely.

Wow Karen, get you!! New boots eh? Hmmm, need to make sure those feet are comfy whilst enjoy those views ;) :D

Wishing you lots of luck with refs etc, I'm sure your current manager will do the right thing by you. What you've done with S is for entirely the right reasons and all being well they do understand. xx

Hey Karen! Sounds like a tough time at home! U are forgiven for ur wobble... But bk to it now - need someone to compete with ;) hope u get somewhere sorted for S and tension at work/home eases! Big hugs

New boots and trainers - perhaps a bit worried now...lol u mean business... We will make this journey together poppet xxx

Hi guys, thank you so so much for the comments... all made me smile. This morning has been AWFUL! I sat with other professionals, an interpreter and S and explained the situation to him this morning. he was utterly devastated and really crying. it all went ten times worse than i could have imagined. he feels ashamed and responsible for me getting into trouble etc and i know he has become very attached to us all (as we have with him). I tried to explain that we really care about him and its not his fault. we have until wednesday for him to leave and we are really looking hard for soehwere else. man... I couldnt help but cry seeing him so upset. He couldnt look me in the eye... i feel like the worst person in the world right now :(

so far i have eaten a WW chicken & Bacon sandwich (7) a twirl! (6) and a packet of quavers (3). i think we are going to do a BBQ tonight as it is the 4th July. if you remember, my hubby is american and we like to celebrate his independance from britain by forcing him to cook BBQ food for a gang of us :) I am dreading it though as it is going to be really sad with S. Im going to take lots of photos and tomorrow i will print them off and put them in an album for him.

I have signed all the paperwork for new job but having trouble finding my counterpart for driving licence. they need the details of my terrible driving and endorsements... i think they are spent now but dont want to get it wrong on the forms. hopefully i will get to post it today.

i hope everyone has a lovely day in the sun xxxxxxxxxx

Day 80

Breakfast
None (0)

Lunch
WW Chicken & Bacon sarnie (7)
Twirl (6)
Quavers (3)

Dinner
300g potato (6)
Chicken (4)
Spinach, onion, spices and tomatoes (0)

Snacks
1 slice sesame ryvita (1)
1 x dairylea cheese triangle - light (1)
Pink Panther wafer biscuit (1)

Total Dailies: 29/34

Total APs earned: Forgot to wear it but havent exercised anyways!

Aw Karen your post brought tears to my eyes. I hope you manage to enjoy your evening. Printing photos for S is a wonderful idea. ((())).
M x

I feel so sorry for you being in that situation due to kindness. At least you know you did the right thing by S and Im sure he will always remember you and your family with kindness. I hope you are able to find him another place to stay..

Hugs Karen! U are a kind and wonderful person and S knows that! The photo album is a lovely idea xx

Hi Karen . Hope things look better today pet :D

Hi Karen. Missed your chat on here today . hope things are o.k . I hope ye managed to find somewhere for S. Breda

Hi Guys... thanks for the lovely posts. I have been totally off the boil and quite emotional for the last couple of days. S cried from monday to wednesday basically and it was really hard to drop him off on wednesday morning. I had to take another young person to court so didnt get a chance to talk to him the way i wanted to but he has called me today and said that he has somewhere to stay and that he misses us and wants to come over. I have told him i will visit him tomorrow and i have promised a trip to the beach for some of the guys that he can come on. I will leave my post soon so i can be more casual with this group without it being an issue. i really miss him and have found it hard so this is a lesson for me as well. i wont put myself or another person in this position again.

today i have been back on track but have eaten crap within points. Ive had 32 of my 34 PPs with a low fat prawn sandwich (6), 2 sugars (1) in coffee, a twirl (6) 3 packets of WW crisps! (6) 175g cooked wholewheat pasta (6) homemade pasta sauce (0) more prawns (3)a choc ice (4) and a pot of chopped melon/mango/pineapple/kiwi (0)

so...after that lot, i am now going for a swim at the gym and Im walking up a couple more Tors tomorrow. will pop back on later xxxx

Back