Karma!

kingleds

Gold Member
Okay, so I am not usually one to laugh at other peoples misfortune, but this is one you will like.
I have worked with a girl for the last few years who has always maintained that she doesn't understand how people put wieght on - if they just did a bit more exercise it would be fine. She always has a comment to make about how much I eat, what I eat, how much exercise I'm doing. I made the point ot her a few weeks ago that she was probably drinking as many calories a day as I eat as she is a bit of a beer fiend.

So imagine my delight (I know - I am evil) when today I find out she is on some crash diet to lose some weight cos her size 8 clothes no longer fit her. Today all she is eating is bananas and milk. I want to be annoyed, after listening to all the 'slim fast is awful, all you need to do is more exercise' rubbish for months on end from her, but I can't stop giggling to myself.

I am a horrible person I know.

I must admit I would be having a little giggle to myself. In fact I'd be repeating back to her those 'if they only did a little more exercise' phrases as well:D

I have repeatedly been throwing her own words back at her. I am not one to ***** and not say it to her face, and she knows how ironic it is so she is taking it in good spirit. I did suggest she cut out the booze and she looked like she might kill me - so I have stopped for now :)

There is a German word for it - Schadenfreude! It roughly means "pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others."

Wicked, and we really shouldn't, but we do!

Your colleague seems to be taking it in good part, so don't be too hard on her! We all have to learn.

AnnaFaraday said:
There is a German word for it - Schadenfreude! It roughly means "pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others."

Wicked, and we really shouldn't, but we do!

Your colleague seems to be taking it in good part, so don't be too hard on her! We all have to learn.

There is a song called Schadenfreude in the musical Avenue Q!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back