Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

Hmmm, last time I was running to the loo every ten minutes I had something completely different to celebrate Katie! ;)

Ha ha - l would really be scuppered then!

Anyhow, dear diary today i had
B bacon & eggs
L steak burgers with avocado and salad
D salmon steaks with roasted courgette & peppers
S chorizo slices, parmesan sticks wrapped in parma ham (these were always my guilty favorite b4!)

Still have a mild headache, now feeling exhausted and run down and achy too.
Worrying about tomorrow and hoping I dont feel too bad - i have to actually go back to the office not just work from home so that's a 1 hr commute each way, plus my dancing restarts and its hard work normally even without 2 weeks of complete slobbery in the way. Must remember to take lots of healthy snacks along with me all day.
Also DD seems to be having a growth spurt and keeps asking for more food - non atkins friendly :-(

So blaah - the only thing keeping me going is I checked the carb content of my favorite drinks - looks like wine can continue to be part of my long term lifestyle choice as long as I'm not a complete alky (easier said than done) :)

I was teetotal before I met this lot, Katie, now I drink like a fish (LOL jk of course - about the teetotal part!)

Sounds like you have the Atkins flu, lovie - and the best thing is to rest when you can and just keep guzzling as much water as you can bear :)

I am not in any way shape or form a big drinker (shut up you lot!) (well, OK, apart from the last 2 weeks then) but I can safely say that the fact that wine fits right in with Atkins is one of the major reasons I can see me doing it forever. ;)

Had a stinking headache since 4am. Decaf earl grey tea is crap.
Miserable.

Poor K. Did you try painkillers? And loads of water? You don't HAVE to go decaf for Atkins Katie, it just triggers carb cravings in some people so that's why they recommend it. My OH didn't though. Poor you, hope it's gone soon.

Morning Katie, start glugging the water love. Sounds like you may have a dose of Atkins flu.

parmesan sticks wrapped in parma ham
recipe pleeeaaaasssseeeee.
hope you feel better soon x

recipe pleeeaaaasssseeeee.
hope you feel better soon x

Why would you need a recipe, it's parmesan sticks wrapped in parma ham, how simple is that dumbo ;)

where do you get parmesan sticks? thats what i REALLY meant ?

I believe you ;)

Tesco do them Vicky love.

They do block parmesan Vicky, you can cut the fingers from that.

Hi everyone, just checking in briefly over lunch. Feeling a bit better than first thing, drinking tons of water and paracetamol have finally taken worst of headache edge away altho not totally. Also decided to work from home again to avoid commute - trying to be nice to my poor body!

Treated myself to a sneaky scale check to inspire me - have lost 2kg since monday and altho mostly water i can still be happy :) Also discovered that my scales are pretty inaccurate (try leaning in different places) and thought about buying more....decided against it on the basis that daily checks will be completely ineffective so hopefully removes temptation.

Finally to the parmesan sticks! Take the best lump of parmesan you can find (which has the nice crunch just like in italy) and slice into suitable shape/size sticks. And as Jim said then wrap.....

Evening all

Well I've made it through day 3. Thanks for your support and advice. I've been drowning myself with water and definitely feeling better - perhaps it was the nap i snuck in this afternoon :) Managed to get out to my dance class and survived (always tricky after a break) so feeling good about the day.

So here it is:
B bacon & eggs
L sausages and salad (thanks for lo carb list - debbie ones were yummy)
D chicken with parma ham in light cream sauce (should have been wrapped but the ham fell apart - hey ho) and courgettes
S celery and artichoke parmesan dip (another b4 favorite coming into it's own), leftovers, chicken stock as drink when i was feeling lousy

I notice that you all also track:
W no idea how much but lots!
E dance class
A not tonight but it's starting to sound like a very good idea (and that's only 3 days in....)!

I've decided to stay off the caffiene just for now- mainly because i think i was having too much before and had got into a bad habit. But also i have been dreaming of a lovely real cup of tea - better than choccies and if i fall off this wagon wont be such a disaster :)

In terms of challenges:
Came downstairs and saw 2 donuts in the kitchen - luckily they had pink icing (yuk) and were swiftly eaten by DD and friend
DD had pizza for her tea- she always leaves the crusts and dh and i usually split them- today they went staight in the bin!
A good friend dropped me a note saying she was bored of all this sobriety and wasnt it time we all went out for dinner and a drink - and its only the 6th of january! Luckily i have already discovered some of you like wine too:)

Dip recipe please when you get a mo!

Another good day K, glad the headache subsided too - I felt so sorry for you this morning.

Back