kate10's DIARY - DAY 96

kate10

Well ive finally decided to do what a lot of you are doing and keep my own weight loss diary.

The story so far....

I have ALWAYS been overweight. No thats not quite right - there was a short period in my early twentys when I was slim. I found an old photograph the other day of me and my fiance (at the time - didnt marry him - he dumped me CHEEKY B*******) and I looked so good on this picture - really slinky but I can remember that I felt fat even when I wasn't.

Anyway I found true happiness when I met a lovely guy thirteen years ago. Around that time I was overweight but looking back I would do anything to be that size again. Over the years contentment set in.....lots of foreign hols....lots of eating out in fab resteraunts....one pregnancy resulting in our wonderful son.....postanatal depression (awful).....several attemps at weight loss.....all pretty short lived.....failure.....comfort eating......one husband still telling me he loves me and still finds me attractive...and one day I wake up and decide I don't feel happy with me anymore.

So on 9th January 2007 I walked into my local weight watchers class and weighed in. I weighed 15stone 8 lbs.
(Five foot two inches tall).

And so it began. The counting of the points. I remember feeling really down those first few weeks. I think it was the dawning realisation of the huge task ahead and also the disappointment I felt in myself for allowing myself to become that big. Anyway time passed - the points were religiously counted and the weight has started to melt away...

I now weigh 13st 10lb and feel much better. Most of my old clothes no longer fit and I've had to buy loads of new ones (hurrah). Each time I tried something on that was too big it has straight in the charity bag and off to the shop. I am not keeping anything. I will never need size 22 clothes again. This means everything to me now. I have never felt more determined about anything in my life before - but with that raw determination comes a huge fear of failure...

I have been away for a few days at easter (up to the Lake District) and had a lovely time but had three days of not counting points and eating loads of gorgeous food and drinking loads of lovely wine each evening. I really enjoyed it but now feel full of regret as my weight loss has really slowed down the last two weeks (.5lb and then STS) and so the last thing I needed was to go and have a blow out like that. Anyway whats done is done...

I am hoping that starting this diary will keep me back on track and help me acheive the remainder of my weight loss journey.

Do you know what - I feel better already!!
Today could be a challenge. I am having a BBQ first one of the year YEY! - lots of family coming. Normally I would eat and drink all day - but today I am going to do it differently.
I am going to have a good breakfast and prepare my evening meal this morning (prawn & pasta bake) then I am going to enjoy preparing lots of food for everyone else to enjoy (all those lovely salads with loads of mayo). Ply them all with lots of food and drink but I will be happy with my diet coke until I decide to have my lunch (chicken kebabs with LOADS of salad). Looking forward to it....going to have a bet on the national.

Will let you know later if all goes to plan...

Nice to see you posting a diary! I feel it helps to get everything out - and even more so to know that other people are going through the same thing.

I completely related to how you look back at photos and realise you weren't actually fat. I do that to. I was a pretty good size, and looked (I think) pretty! Why did I let other peoples comments affect me so much? (Bullied at school for being over weight, I wasn't to begin with, just had large chest).

You've done incredibly well so far, and you definately come across as being in the right frame of mind and having had the click!

I hope you have a lovely BBQ today, the weather is definately right for it! Come back and tell us about the lovely food you ate (and could fit into your daily points)!

xxx

Thanks Sparkle.

Well all in all I've had a lovely day.
I enjoyed the BBQ - lovely company, great weather and a win on the national - yey!

There was one moment mid afternoon when I could have murdered a cold beer or glass of wine but I find that even if I have one drink then I just want to eat more - so I declined.
Now I am glad I didn't.

Day 96 done and dusted. Good night x

Thanks Marie!

Well I've had an OK day today. Stuck to my points (I think) - went to my mums for lunch and so roughly guessed my points but pretty confident.

I have spent the whole day cleaning, washing, ironing, tidying, moaning... I have probably burned off loads of cals but a domestic goddess I am not. I would much rather have been doing lots of other things but thems the breaks!!

Well done for sticking to the plan in a social situation! That's really impressive, and I know what you mean about wine - I'm the same - so well done again.

You've achieved so much! I'm about the same weight as you, although I started a few stone more and size 24 (I'm 5ft 4in). Maybe we could buddy up and act as 'friendly' competition through the next few stone? Marie and Clair seem to enjoy it! lol

Keep up the good work, and keep us updated.

Oh, and the plus side of being a 'domestic goddess' - you burn up a hell of a lot of calories! :D

Glad youve had a good weekend. As Sparkle says its keeping on track in social situations thats the hardest, so well done for not giving in.

Hope you have a great week this week :)

Thanks Starlight.

Well its Tuesday - weekly weigh-in tonight.
Feeling quite anxious. Just want to get it over with as I am not expecting anything great this week.

Once its done I can start again tomorrow.

Let you know later..

Well big surprise!!

I have lost two pounds - which means I have lost TWO STONE in total. I am really proud of myself and also feel quite emotional.

I think that when you've been heavy for a long time then the weight becomes part of who you are - you know the jolly fat person who always gets in first with jokes about her size - before anyone else does!!

Well I really do believe now that I can change - that I am changing and the prospect of getting to my goal and how that will feel is becoming a possibility to me. Can't wait!

Hi Kate10
Well done on your weightloss bet you are pleased yes its always the fat person who gets pulled because of her size
How long has it taken you to lose 2 stone. Once you start losing weight it seems to come off regulary its a nice feeling when you are near to your goal but im a well long way from mine dont know when i will ever reach mine
Well done again
Good Luck

Well done Kate! That's fantastic! Two whole stone off, you must be so happy.

I know exactly how you feel, it's like you'll getting to know yourself again. You've been pretending to be the 'happy big girl' for so long you've forgotten who you are, and you're slowing discovering more with each lb that comes off - It's almost like the 'fat' has been hiding your personality!

I'm really happy for you! Keep doing what you're doing, it's definately working! :D

Thanks guys for all your support! :)

Bethany it's taken me 100 days (or there abouts ha ha).

Sparkle yes thats a great idea - i'd love to be your buddy!

Can't chat much tonight but did want to bob on to update my diary. I've had a fab day - eaten loads of low point foods - I think that loss last night has really spurred me on. Also bought two pairs of new pants - size 16. They fit but are still quite snug so my next mini goal is to get into those.

Will chat more tomorrow.

P.S. Must get round to updating my ticker!!!

Thanks Marie.

Day 102.

Captains log...

Well I am staying on track and really not finding it too difficult at the moment. Went out for lunch with the girls from work - had a huge jacket potato with cottage cheese and pineapple and loads of salad -really nice.
I do love this eating plan. Don't you think that when you are eating less then you REALLY enjoy the food you do eat.

Yeah starlight I know what you mean. When I plan wisely I don't feel hungry at all - but some days - usually when I am lunching out I may use my points up too early in the day - this is not good :sigh: .

Well here I am day 103.

Just a little comment as to why I am counting the days. I think my journey is a long one (this is a marathon and not a sprint) and in the past, on previous weight loss attempts, one bad day has been enough for me to self sabotage the whole effort and give up. I now feel that counting the days I have completed will put this into context i.e. one 'bad day' is not going to undo the good work thats been done in the previous 100 days. Don't know if this makes sense but it does to me and this is my diary.

Well another saturday night been and gone. Saturday night is just the hardest time for me to stick to the plan. Probably because before weight watching I would either be out eating and drinking or if staying in ordering a huge take away and drinking lots of wine. I know that we can save some points and then use them to have a treat but I never seem to manage to do that. I use all my points everyday!

So last night OH sat and drank a bottle of wine and I sat and watched him. Dont want to sound like a big martr - he did offer to share but I didnt want to because a) id used all my points and b) if id have had one glass then I would have had half the bottle and if id have done that then we would have opened a second and then id have gone to the car to get the easter eggs Ive hidden in the boot and eaten them as well.

So I resisted. But I did have a packet of wine gums.

Anyone else struggle with Saturday nights?

Just decided next week I am going to the pictures.

Ive had a really good day today.

Just feel really positive and determined. I love days like this - you know just full of optimism and looking forward to things.

Ive enjoyed my three meals - not needed any snacks today - just a good strong coffee aroung four o'clock. I have definately found that as well as drinking more water I drink much more tea and coffee - I find a coffee 'fills you up' - you feel like youve had something substantial. Might be the way I make my coffee (very strong and very dark).

Any way just wanted to post while I'm feeling like this.:)

Back