Katie Cupcake's attempt at slimming down!

I'm back on plan today and don't want to dwell, so here's today's food:

Breakfast, 35g blueberry wheats (HEXB1) with skimmed milk (part of HEXA1), strawberries and a ww yogurt.

Lunch: Couscous with salad, spring onions, tomatoes and beetroot, with crudite, alpen lights and fruit to eat throughout the day at work. I had a mini choc cornflake bite from someone's bday stuff at work (2.5 syns) and managed to avoid the gorgeous white choc cookies after I worked out they would be 9 syns!

Tea: 2 quorn sausages (2 syns), sweet potato chips made SW style, cabbage and broccoli with some ketchup (1 syn).

That leaves 9.5 syns which I will probably end up using as I seem to keep having sweet cravings this week!

UPDATE: I had a 150ml glass of red wine (5 syns) and a "cake in a mug" (2 syns, and more on that later!)

Total syns for the day - 12.5.

Last edited:
sorry to hear you've not been great...don't worry about the chocolate, the main thing is you're back on track and didn't spiral out of control :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Miss K! Today's food:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with butter frylight and a dash of skimmed milk on 2 slices of wm toast (HEXB1) with dry fried mushrooms and tomatoes.

Lunch: Baked potato with 75g philly light with chives (HEXA2), a side salad of spinach, tomatoes and spring onion, and snacks of an alpen light and 6 cashews (combined = HEXB2), a plum, an apricot and a banana throughout the day.

Tea: To be decided! I usually know, but I need to check what's going out of date first as I don't want to waste any food.

So. Cake in a cup. I did my research, I read people's feedback - everyone seemed to think the SW "cake in a cup" was a great recipe, tasted lovely and helped with chocolate cravings.

This is a lie!!!!

I made one last night with 1 egg, a choc orange Options and 50s in the microwave on 900 - it did go cake shaped (or mug shaped!) but tasted like solid chocolate scrambled egg. Nottttt gooooood!!!! Oh well.

I'm going to bake SW blueberry muffins tonight (including all bran) - I'll let you know if they're any better! They should be 2,5 syns each.

So! I have been a bit neglectful of my food diary of late - I had a terrible week with my ME last week and spent a lot of time just in pain, in bed :( But feeling much better so far this week so here we go:

Breakfast: Bran flakes (HEXB1) with warm milk (from HEXA1) and some strawberries. I had a banana about an hour after I got into work as I got hungry.

Lunch: Salad with Quorn chorizo slices (equating to about 0.5 syns worth), some crudite, grapes, and 6 cashews and a Hi Fi Light (together make HEXB2).

Tea: I'll probably make a veg omelette with my HEXA2 cheese and serve it with a nice salad.

Only had 0.5 syns so far so I'll probably have another muffin (2.5) with yogurt and fruit later, and maybe a lager or something. Hoping to go for a very small swim after work so I'll see how hungry I am!

It was weigh in day today. Had to book a "holiday" last week as I wasn't well enough to go (didn't go into work). So at WI in this morning I STS. Pretty happy with that to be honest, considering I spent half of last week lying in bed ill, not moving, and wasn't 100% on plan (although not too bad). I'd like a small loss next week though. Here's today's food:

Breakfast: 2 slices of wm toast (HEXB1) with small amount of beans, mushrooms and tinned tomatoes.

Lunch: Jacket potato with beans and HEXA2 cheese, carrot sticks, 1 alpen light and 10 almonds (HEXB2) and fruit.

Tea: Think I'm going to try and make a SW vegetable quiche - never made it before but it looks nice :)

Ooh my SW veg quiche was lovely - the recipe is here: http://group.slimmingworld.com/recipes/colourful-vegetable-quiche.aspx I added 90g of light cheddar which equates to a third of HEXA per slice!

I also had a nice bowl of fresh pineapple after, and had some Pizza Express light dressing (counting 2 syns altho I may be overcounting) and nicked a few of my hubby's chips (again, 2 syns, hopefully overestimated!)

It's strange cuz although I only maintained today, I feel really motivated! Think it's cuz I'm having a much better week with my health and have a bit of energy back.

TGI FRIDAY!!! :) :) My food so far today:

Breakfast: HEXB porridge oats mixed with FF vanilla yogurt with blueberries, strawberries and raspberries.

Lunch: SW quiche and salad, carrot sticks, 1 HiFi light and 35g dried apricots (making up HEXB2). We went to the pub at lunchtime with work and I had a peach lager - oops! So will have to syn that but don't know the amount yet.

Tea: off plan! We were bought some vouchers for a new local restaurant for xmas, who are doing 50% off food in January so it's date night with the hubby tonight. We're going for a 3 course meal and wine so it will definitely be above syns, but it's a small menu and not the type of place you can really ask them to adapt stuff, so I'm happy with this as a bit of a one-off. I've had a look and I think my starter will be a fancy salad anyway so that's fine. Main will probably be pasta (but in a creamy sauce...) and I didn't look at desserts.

Have a great weekend everyone!

TGI Friday is correct!!!

That quiche sounds yummy, might make one this weekend. Haven't had one for aaaaages.

Enjoy your meal tonight, creamy pasta sounds yummy, as does any type of dessert lol xxx

The meal out on Friday night was absolutely gorgeous! I had a beetroot (cooked 3 ways) and goats cheese salad, smoked gnocci and then a banoffee pudding. Yum!

Saturday I was out for a meal for my friend who's going to Mexico for 3 months. It was tapas, so I chose the best things I could from the menu - had a bean and vegetable ratatouille, a spanish omelette and green olives. And maybe some sangria...!!

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast: HEXB All Bran with ff yogurt and sliced banana.

Lunch: Baked potato with 1/2 tin beans, salad and homemade ff coleslaw. The usual crudite and HEXB alpen light/35g dried apricots, and fruit.

Tea: I had 2 plain quorn fillets topped with 2 Dairylea light slices (HEXA2), sweet potato fries, broccoli and carrots. I was hungry before I went to bed so had a ff yoghurt and then a banana. 4 syns used - on half a can of Budweiser and 1 tbsp of ketchup. Good day!

Today's food (I'm playing catch up!):

Breakfast: ff yogurt with 1/2 sliced banana, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. Discovered when I got to work that this clearly wasn't filling enough, as I was really hungry! Had some grapes, my (half HEXB) 10 almonds and a clementine.

Lunch: Jacket potato with beans and HEXA2 cheese, baby corn, cherry tomatoes and mange tout to snack on. Got a plum and an Alpen light for the afternoon. There was more cheese than I expected so I've counted 4 extra syns on top of HEXA to cover it.

Tea: I'm going to my friend's house for tea and she is buying pizzas. I feel really rude but there's just no way of making pizza "on plan" and it's WI tomorrow morning! I'd flexi syn but I already had my two meals out at the weekend! So I'm taking an M&S vegetable moussaka which is 6 syns.

Morning world - 1.5lb off today :) :) great start to the day!

Today's food:

Breakfast: All bran (HEXB1) and a banana

Lunch: Light Philly (half HEXA2) sandwich (HEXB2 bread) with salad, alpen light, 10 almonds, clementine, pear, plum.

Tea: I'm eating out tonight as I'm going to a "residents meeting" with the people from the building I live in to discuss some issues, but I've checked out the menu and they have a nice looking salad. I'll syn about 4 syns for any dressing. I will probably also have 2 small glasses of wine, so that will be my days' syns.

Patty, I will be doing but it's a pretty plain salad (no cheese or other syns) so i'll probably use a decent amount.

Just been to the lunchtime SW meeting, as I never have time to stay to group in the morning. It was basically just the consultant going round each person to see how they'd done and what they wanted for next week. Is that all group usually is? I had to leave before the end so whether there was something more formal then I'm not sure. Can anyone reading this let me know their experiences please? x

Yeh that sounds about right. That's what they do at my group, it's just a chance to share how ur feeling about your week and share what you've done differently if anything etc.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Katie!
Thought I'd check out your diary :) Congratulations on your losses so far!

I'm really struggling with the lack of exercise at the moment. I used to run, swim, do karate, walk for miles, etc every week and I've barely even been able to walk the dogs this last year. It's really horrible isn't it? Esp when you used to be so active. Really struggling socially as well :eek: Finding it difficult to plan stuff around being back at work (was off for almost 8 months) and seeing my friends. I can't seem to do last minute things any more because I have to plan and space things out. Really sucks :(
How do you cope with everything?xx

Back