Katie Cupcake's attempt at slimming down!

Hey!
Your weekend food doesn't sound bad at all. A couple of syns over wont make any difference in the grand scheme of things.
Hope you have a good week this week and hopefully get a nice loss. Everything crossed for you.xx

Hey! For tea I ended up having pasta with a nice home made sauce made of tinned tomatoes onions, garlic and some chopped up capers. Simple but tasty! Had my HEXA cheese on top, and some kale crisps for superfree (together with SF onion and tomato in the pasta sauce). I also had a nice glass of white wine. I forgot I also had a quarter of an avocado in yesterday's lunch salad so syns looked like this:

Avocado: 3.5
Wine: 4.5
Total: 8 (hopefully will start to make up a bit for going over at the weekend!)

Today's food:

Breakfast: 35g HEXB blueberry wheats with HEXA skimmed milk, a banana and a FF yogurt.

Lunch: Jacket potato with home made syn free quorn bolognese, some grapes, an apple, some crudite and my HEXB alpen light and 10 almonds.

Tea: No idea again... so weird being this disorganised. Whatever it is, it will likely involve my HEXA cheese and will be syn free, as I'm going to a Yelp event tonight where you get a couple of free cocktails, so will need my syns for those!

I seriously need to look up the syns for wine! In my mind I don't think I could have it because it would be a waste of syns, but I've seen a few people having wine and it being rather low syn. I prefer red though, so don't know if that would be higher?
I like the idea of kale chips, that sounds really nice :)

How're you doing today?x

I think red is pretty similar in syns cus I like that too. A 125ml glass is 4.5 syns and sometimes I'd much rather have that for the extra few syns that a vodka and DC!

The kale crisps are amazing - so easy and tasty! I'm just finishing off the bag of kale in tonight's tea, which is a stir fry with rice (0.5 for half tbsp sweet chilli sauce and 1.5 for half packet of Tilda brown basmati rice).

I'm doing surprisingly ok so far today thanks :) Not as tired and achy as usual although I don't want to jinx it! Are you a bit exhausted from everything going on? xx

Princess Stevie mentions a wine called Blossom Hill Vie, 5.5% proof and 18 Syns a bottle. I think it's only available in white and rose though. It's available from Tescos and possibly other places.

(OH and I seldom drink - he's on too much medication - but I made a note of it as something to try. Still haven't got around to it though)!

I'll have to make an effort to look up some wine syns. I don't drink very often either, but it is nice to have one every so often. Wonder what those little, single bottles would work out to. Hmmmm...

How do you do your Kale chips? I've been eating spinach like mad this week!

Oh mate I'm absolutely exhausted. And all this pain is horrible :( Honestly feel like I've been beaten up or hit by a bus or something! Dunno how you cope with this, I really dont. *hug* xx

I bought a big bag of ready prepared kale (all chopped up and washed) cuz it was on offer at Tesco. Literally Frylight a baking tray, put the kale on in one layer, spray it with Frylight, sprinkle over salt and pepper (or garlic powder if you like garlic) and then put them in the oven at 180 ish for about 8 minutes (keep an eye, some little bits might be ready to remove earlier). Yum!!

Unfortunately I'm joining you in the exhausted crew today. I had a really good two days at the start of this week but now I'm tired and feel a bit ugh. I can sympathise with the pain, I get that a lot. Currently trying a higher dosage of my Nortriptyline which they hope will help a bit with the pain... fingers crossed :)

Today's food (today is not gonna be a good one....):

Breakfast: HEXB oats, ff yogurt, berries and banana.

Lunch: Half a baked potato with beans... eaten cold because I got called away to do something at work and was gone for 30 mins! I didn't fancy the other half when I got back lol. A plum, crudite, an alpen light and 10 almonds (HEXB).

Tea: We're going out with our mums for tea to a nearby hotel restaurant. Checked out the menu online and I think my best options are the soup of the day (doesn't say what but says it's veggie) and then the veggie curry with rice and flatbread. Will have to syn the flatbread and any wine if I have some. There is an AMAZING looking dessert so I'm hoping I have the willpower to say no....

I also had 2 pieces of Toblerone at work, which we were sent by a company we use. Fail! Needed to save my syns for tonight. Pah! x

Enjoy your meal, at least you are thinking about your choices instead of ignoring sw altogether!!

The kale sounds tasty, think I've only ever had it in a soup my Granny used to make!! xxx

I really like kale but never thought of just baking it. Will give it a go :D Thanks!

Hope you had a nice meal this evening. And definitely well done for looking at healthier options.

No one will give me any painkillers!! At teh start I was taking enough paracetamol and ibuprofen to give me stomach/abdominal cramps, so I stopped, and they weren't touching it anyway! I did tell my Dr's this. They offered me codeine, but I can't take it coz it send me to another planet. Even small doses just send me loopy! And my gp has given me some Naproxen (hefty anti-inflammatories) but they don't do much except help with some of the muscle tension I get. I literally can't get anyone to give me anything :confused: It's very frustrating. Will definitely have to tell them all how painful I am now I'm back in work whenever I next get an appointment!xx

Sorry for the little absence - I was off work sick yesterday and felt utterly terrible. Back in today and feeling better than I was but still pretty bad. Stupid M.E! Yesterday I had:

Breakfast: Nothing cuz I couldn't get out of bed...

Lunch: Quorn bacon and HEXA cheese slices sandwich, crudite, yogurt, banana.

Snack late in afternoon: Hifi mint deluxe.

Tea: Pasta n sauce made by hubby and a clementine.

Bit of a dull food day overall and could've done with more superfree but didn't have the energy to care!

Today's food:

Breakfast: HEXB oats, WW yogurt, blueberries, raspberries, banana.

Lunch: Baked potato with lentil dahl, spinach and natural yogurt from a place near work - yum, alpen light, 10 almonds, a few pieces of fruit.

Tea: We're out for a set valentine's meal tonight. Mine will be a baked mushroom, med veg tagliatelle with a drizzle of pesto, and then either a choc mousse or cheesecake crumble (no I have no idea what that is either lol!) We also get a glass of Prosecco included.

So syns will be over, but shouldn't be too bad as the starter and main are mostly on plan. What's everyone else doing for valentines? x

Kelly - thank god co-codamol doesn't send me funny as that's one of the few things that actually helps! I can't take anything with aspirin or ibuprofen cuz it gives me stomach problems. The Nortriptyline (which blocks pain signals) does seem to help a bit so maybe worth exploring with your doctor? It was ridiculous yesterday, I could barely walk from bed to the kitchen (right opposite, as we live in a flat!) Amazing how different you can be from day to day. x

Co-codamol is a fantastic pain killer. But yeah, I might as well be high! I don't know what I'm doing or remember anything and I just float around. Amazing, but not sensible considering my job lol. I did take it at work once over a weekend shift and I don't remember any of it! :eek:

My Dr's just seem to be happy to let me just get on with it. I still haven't had my ME referral and I saw the Dr in Dec. And endocrine still haven't been in touch about my hospital stay :confused:

How're you feeling today after such a bad day? I ended up having an extended break and then more sitting down later in my shift. Just couldn't do it yesterday. i was cleaning a kennel on the bottom row so was kneeling down and it took me ages to get up :rolleyes:

Hope you have a really lovely time tonight. You most definitely deserve it :) xx

Back