Katie Cupcake's attempt at slimming down!

The Valentine's meal was nice. Slight change to the starter as they'd run out of the baked mushroom so they offered me a mediterranean veg salad. It was lovely, with artichoke, peppers and sundried tomatoes. It turned out that it must be the same veg mix they used for the main course, as it was just the same but on pasta instead of salad lol! The desserts were quite rice but fairly small, so we ordered the choc mousse and the cheesecake crumble and shared. I had less than a full portion though as I was already feeling a bit full. Desserts always do me in!! For drinks I had a glass of Prosecco, a small red wine and a cocktail. How was everyone else's valentines if you did anything? x

Today's food:

Breakfast: HEXB oats made into porridge with blueberries, raspberries and sliced banana.

Lunch: Salad with my HEXA light cheddar, tomatoes, salad leaves, onion etc and balsamic vinegar. Used 1 syn on half a tsp of basil oil - yum. Sounds like a small amount but drizzled over, it was plenty!

Snacks: Clemetine, plum and my HEXB HiFi Deluxe (the choc orange one), and a 2 syn fudge hot choc to warm me up!

Tea: Think I'll make quorn sweet & sour 'chicken' with rice. Might go to the cinema later... maybe.... if so I'll try and find some syn free or low syn snacks to take.

What do you fancy watching? For snacks, i normally take some grapes, hi fi bars or French fries to nibble on.

Sounds like you had a nice meal. Shame it was just the same veg though - that's a bit lazy of them :confused: Why do us veggies always suffer?! I do love artichokes though!! When we went to a pizza restaurant for my birthday I made my own - artichokes and pineapple ;)

Did you end up going to the cinema? What did you see? I take all sorts of stuff to the cinema - cereal bars, fruit, yogurt, jelly, small syn choccies, Graze tubs lol! I always have something with me. Tetris is the Queen of cinema snacks tho ;)
I haven't been the cinema this week :cry:

I did bugger all for Valentines day! My Sister did buy me a single red rose tho ;) Last night I went up to the house my friend is dog sitting at and we had takeaway and watched Eddie Izzard. Just a day late :p xx

I didn't end up going to the cinema! Hubby fancied going out for drinks instead, but then no-one got back to him for ages and it ended up being too late so we stayed in and watched TV. I want to see "Her" so I'll have to hurry up while it's still out!

Aww bless your sister for buying you a rose - cute :) I know, veggies always have the least imaginative meals lol. And it's annoying cuz SW are like "when you go out you can eat totally on plan, just ask for a lean cut of meat and swap chips for a jacket". Usually the only meal on offer is something full of cheese or fat and they don't have anything you can swap it for!! Artichoke and pineapple pizza sounds like my idea of heaven :)

I was meant to be making a fakeaway on Saturday night but a family friend came to help us put up blinds and it took much longer than anticipated. By the time he left I was too tired to cook and felt naughty, so we ordered takeaway pizza. Very bad....! I decided to flexi syn but fully expect to put on this week with that and the valentine's meal. Sigh!

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast: HEXB oats with WW yogurt, berries and a banana.

Sort of lunch: Cup of homemade mushroom soup from the farmer's market.

Sort of tea (3pm!): Sunday dinner at my brother's including lots of veg, a small bit of stuffing, cauliflower cheese, a Yorkshire pudding and lemon tart for dessert. Again, not quite on plan but it's rude to dictate what you eat at other people's houses (and I did thoroughly enjoy it lol!)

Today's food:

Breakfast: Same as yesterday... HEXB oats, berries and banana (need to branch out but i'd run out of milk!)

Lunch: Couscous (1 syn) salad with HEXA cheddar and a fat free "dressing" made of quark with Mojito Lime spice mix in it, crudite, a clementine, a plum, an alpen light and 10 almonds.

Tea: I'm going out (again! I need to start doing different things socially rather than just eating out!!). Going to slug & lettuce so I'm going to have the butternut squash salad and syn the dressing, but probably won't drink so I should be fine with syns for the day.

Hey!
I really want to see "Her" too. Looks very sweet! Have you seen Lars and the Real Girl? Seems to be along similar line. Very sweet and odd but lovely :)

Shame about the actual takeaway pizza and eating out again. But, life happens! lol. Some weeks are always going to be 'bad' weeks for food, but you know what to do to minimise the damage and fix it in the good weeks :) Hope you have a lovely time out tonight.xx

Oh god yeah I have seen that! It was good, v special lol!

Did well tonight; my sweet potato wedge salad was really tasty (slug & lettuce, I'd recommend it to anyone, particularly veggies!) and I just had diet coke, not my usual wine. Had a nice juicy mango and a small bowl of cereal with HEXA milk allowance later on as I was really hungry.

Todays syns:

Couscous - 1
Dressing - 3
Blueberry wheats - 5
Total = 9

Morning all! Is it only Tuesday? Having a busy day at work as it's billing deadline day. Going to my friend's for a chat and a cuppa tonight but that's it for the day. Today's food:

Breakfast: 2 slices of HEXB wholemeal toast - one with marmite and one with sliced banana. Someone suggested using a couple of sprays of butter flavour frylight instead of marg - it was okish but had a strange taste. You definintely wouldn't want it on its own without marmite or something!

Lunch: Same as yesterday as it made 2 portions - couscous (1 syn) with tomatoes, onion, and herby Quark dressing, with HEXA smoked cheddar. Fruit, crudite and 1 alpen light/10 almonds. I tried a new (to me) Alpen Light today - the double choc one. It was really chewy, felt a bit more substantial. Liked it!

Tea: I'm going to make a SW quorn cottage pie with green beans. Yum! Will probably include syns for gravy and some cheese sprinkled on top as I'd already used by HEXA cheese for lunch. Will update!

Hahaha Lars is pretty special, but so's a relationship with your phone ;) Looking forward to it tho!

Food looks really nice today. I've never had a go at making my own cottage pie. I am very lazy with cooking tho! Esp if I'm only making something for me :eek:

Urgh butter Frylight as a spread replacement would be horrible lol! Brave of you to try it tho!!

Hope you have a nice time with your friend :) x

Hi Katie :wavey: Have just had an enjoyable read through your diary & am subscribing, hope you don't mind :)

I sympathise with your losses going up & down. I too sometimes feel as though I'm going round in circles & losing the same pound over & over. Hopefully we will get there in the end!

X

Aww thanks Kelly! I'm back in the land of the living today - hooray! Back at work today :) I'll try my best to remember yesterday's food but everything was a bit of a sleepy blur:

Breakfast: Bran flakes and berries

Lunch: Leftover quorn cottage pie (thank god, so I didn't have to prepare anything!) - it was lovely.

Snacks: Alpen light and 10 almonds (HEXB) and fruit.

Tea: Breakfast for tea! I had quorn bacon, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and a slice of eggy bread (synned the bread) with HEXA cheese.

Syns:

Bread - 3.5

Wine (medicinal) - 4.5

Gravy and extra cheese from cottage pie - 4

TOTAL = 12 syns

Veggie breakfast is by far my favourite SW meal. As my food diary probably suggests lol!! :D

Very glad you're feeling a bit more alive today. My Sister usually says "You look less dead" if I'm having a good day lol. At least she's honest ;)

Oddly enough I had some medicinal red wine last night too!xx

Afternoon all! Had a relatively quiet weekend apart from tea at La Tasca with my mum on Saturday night. I went over my syns but didn't do too badly in the scheme of things. I had a beetroot salad, some manchego with tomatoes, some olives and half a portion of spanish omelette. We both had ice cream for dessert (salted caramel - yum!)

Today's food:

Breakfast: Yogurt with blueberries, raspberries and banana.

Lunch: Jacket with beans and HEXA cheese (but more than 30g so will syn 5 syns for the extra), baby sweetcorn, 10 almonds and 35g dried apricots (HEXB), an apple and a clementine.

Tea: Homemade SW tomato soup (the one that's meant to be like Heinz), with 3x sweet onion Ryvitas.

So that's 5 syns for the extra cheese but not sure if I'll have anymore. I'll update!

I have an insanely annoying muscle spasm in my shoulder today. It won't stop spasming in just one really particular spot and it's really twitchy and painful! Going to put some ibuprofen gel on now I think - luckily I always have a full pharmacy in my handbag lol x

Syn update - 5 on some full fat mayo (I always use light but we had some fresh garlic mayo in that needed using), 1 syn on half a Highlights sachet stirred into some quark with raspberries, and 5 for the extra cheese at lunch as mentioned above, so TOTAL = 11.

Last edited:
Back