Katie Cupcake's attempt at slimming down!

Yeah it seems to be twitching less today lol. I bought this Deep Heat spray but when it's on I smell utterly vile so I decided not to use it while I'm at work, just in the evenings!!

I bought a memory foam mattress topper last night as for 3 years I have moaned about how hard and uncomfortable our mattress is but not done anything about it. It was expensive, but so worth it. It was blissful last night!

Not sure how the soup is yet, I was going to have it for tea last night but ended up having SW quiche, SW chips and sliced onions in vinegar (v specific request by the husband lol). I'll be having it for lunch tomorrow, so I'll let you know!

Today's food:

Breakfast: HEXB bran flakes and banana.

Lunch: SW quiche with rocket, baby corn, clementine, apple and HEXB almonds/dried apricots.

Tea: Homemade veggie chilli with rice.

My mattress is awful too! I only have a cheap-o mattress topper on mine but really should either invest in a proper one or buy a better bloody mattress! I love my bed frame, but hate the mattress with a fiery passion ;)

I bought the BEST side-sleeper pillow from Ikea before Christmas. Think it was £5 with the Family Card and it's fantastic! So comfortable and supportive. Think they're only £7 when they're not on offer.

Oooh SW quiche! I was only talking about that the other day. Not made one in ages! I like to make potato salad to go with mine :) Great for my weekend work lunches too.xx

Hey Kelly (and anyone else if they're still reading!) Thanks for asking if I'm ok, I appreciate it :) Had another bad few weeks with my M.E. and have just been trying to rest lots. I haven't really followed Slimming World properly for the last week or two, as my husband has been doing some of the cooking and then we've eaten out a few times. I haven't got organised and done a proper food plan or shop... sometimes it's hard when you're feeling so ill. Anyway, for the first time in 2 weeks I was well enough for WI today. I was expecting around a 4lb gain but only gained 1lb somehow - thank god! Being back at group combined with feeling a little better has motivated me to get back on with it.

I won't bother putting up food plans for the last week as it wasn't SW (although was relatively healthyish). I'm going for my dad in law's birthday meal tomorrow night and there is zero vegetarian choice apart from BNS soup as a starter and a Homity pie with chips for main.... so I guess that's what I'm having lol! Will try and pack in some superfree during the day though.

I'm going to Liverpool with my mum for the weekend so again there will be lots of eating out, but I'll just try and make the best choices I can and get back to plan on Monday.

How's everyone else getting on? So many diaries to catch up on!!

Tomorrow's food, in case I don't get chance to come on, is:

Breakfast: HEXB oats, ff yogurt, kiwi and blueberries

Lunch: Salad with synned avocado and ff dressing, HEXB 10 almonds & 1 Alpen Light, clementine, apple

Tea: As mentioned above, there is no choice for veggies on the menu, so it will be a BNS soup and a Homity pie with chips (although I will ask if they can swap them for salad - worth a try hey?)

Salted caramel tea?? That sounds... strange!! I love flavoured tea and can't imagine what that might taste like! I'm not too keen on green teas, we are running low on stocks at work so I had an apple flavoured green tea today - it tasted ok, but the colour it turned was rank, it looked like dirty dish water!!

Yeah I have to say, regular green tea just tastes "dirty" to me (best way I can think to describe it!) But the person who recommended it did say it's lovely, so fingers crossed.

Change of plan for tonight - the restaurant called my mum in law to say they've had to temporarily close as the toilets are broken, so we're now going somewhere else. I won't get chance to check the menu out first as we're setting off in a mo, so I'll let you know what I end up having!

Oooh, did you enjoy your meal out??

Hope you had a nice meal in the end?

Where about's do you live btw? Saw you were going to Liverpool over the weekend and I'm there :)

Sorry to hear you've had a bad few weeks :( But very glad you're feeling a bit better at the moment and also motivated. A 1lb gain is pretty damn good really, well done mate.xx

The meal out was ok, although my mum in law had this lamb kebab skewer thing, and the lamb was practically raw! She had to send it back and even the chef said it should have been cooked way more, lol. I ended up having macaroni cheese which came with salad, but I did have garlic bread too.... it was so nice though, it was worth it! With the mac & cheese, at least pasta is free and I hadn't had my HexA cheese yet that day. The other option was a big veggie burger with fries!

Liverpool was amazing, really enjoyed ourselves. Took my mum to see Ellie Goulding, who I have to say was fantastic live! Kelly, I'm from Leeds - not actually too far from you but randomly I've been to Liverpool about 3 times in the last few years. Went there for my hen do last year (near the dock!) Our eating over the weekend wasn't SW to be honest - as it was a special occasion I let my mum choose where and what we had, and we also had some bubbly. Got Tesco shopping arriving tonight so hopefully the rest of the week will look a bit better... x

Today's food:

Breakfast: HEXB oats with ff yogurt, blueberries, raspberries and stewed gooseberries (which needed using up)

Lunch: Baked potato with beans and HEXA cheese

Tea: Veggie tikka masala with plain rice.

Snacks: 2 small pieces of baking at work...!! :z We had a bake sale to raise funds for Refuge (in aid of International Women's Day) and I ended up having a chocolate crispie square and a small slice of this chocolate raisin tray bake thing... have to say they were both lovely but almost certainly took me over my day's syns!

Theatre tonight - got some free tickets from work :)

Syns update:
cake - estimating 15
tikka masala sauce - 3.5
microwave rice - 1
TOTAL - 19.5

Last edited:
My friends were at the Ellie gig!! How bizarre! And, also, in recent years I've visited Leeds a LOT! My friend has just moved to Bradford from their and my fake brother and his Missus went to Leeds uni, so I spent a lot of time there. I do love Leeds. I think Tropical World is my favourite place ;)

If you ever fancy a coffee or anything if you're in L'pool just give me a shout :)

Ah but your syns were for charity ;) xx

Last edited:
Oooh, I loooove Ellie Goulding, think she is amazing. Never seen her live tho, would love to :)

Think you made the right choice with your meal out - the burger sounds like it may have been syn-laden!!

Laura - she was great. I wasn't a particular fan before (but did like her stuff when I heard it) - the reason I went is that I took my mum for her 60th. I have to say now I've seen her I'd count myself as a fan! She's so talented. Her voice is amazing and she not only writes her songs but plays guitar and drums too. Some people get all the talent lol!

Kelly - I don't have plans to be in Liverpool again in the near future but if anything comes up, I'll definitely let you know :) Same goes if you find yourself in Leeds! Tropical World is ace - I used to live near there. Did you see Olly the Octopus? (the money donation slot in the wall) He has his own facebook page!

Today's food:

Breakfast: HEXB blueberry wheats with part HEXA milk, small banana, raspberries.

Lunch: Salad, couscous (1 syn) with mixed raw veg, chopped up fruit and HEXB almonds/alpen light. The first three are in my new stackable tiffin box lunchbox and it's so cute!

Tea: Making a shephard's pie - so there will be a few syns for gravy but I'll update. Served with green beans.

Syns update: there was still baking left from yesterday's cake sale and I'm having such a hungry day. So - well, you can guess, a chocolate cupcake happened! It was only small but I'm going to say 10 syns to be on the safe side.

So:

Cupcake - 10 syns
Gravy (going into shepherd's pie) - 1 syn (4 in total and it will make 4 portions)

The cheese on top of the pie will be HEXA. I have grabbed a banana from the fruit basket in case the hungriness carries on this afternoon!

Hopefully it'll just be the 11 syns for today but I'll let you know if it changes!

Update: 12 syns, nearly forgot the couscous from lunch!

I also snacked on a frozen peach 0% activia and made banana "ice cream" by blending a frozen banana. It was yummy! I was craving comfort food after a bad day finding out at work I might not be able to reduce my hours in the way I've asked to, to help manage my ME :(

Just chilling in bed now with a salted caramel green tea and Breaking Amish x

I've been to Tropical World many, many times. The keeper there even let me feed the lemurs once ;) As I'm sure you've noticed, I do love lemurs :D
Aye have seen Olly :D! I really love that place.

But aye, if we're ever in each other cities we should definitely say hello!

Oh no, why might you not be able to change your hours? What are they proposing?!! I'm sick of my work and attitudes of people right now so you completely have my sympathy. We need a lottery win!xx

Back