Katie Cupcake's attempt at slimming down!

A lottery win would be fabulous! This week has been like a rollercoaster, lol. I've gone from being told I almost definitely can't have Wednesdays off (as I'm reducing to 4 days and feel like that pattern would be best for my health, never working more than 2 days in a row), to this morning being told that I can have it, and it's now confirmed, starting w/c 31 March!! :D what a relief! It is mainly thanks to another girl for changing her request to reduce hours to a Tuesday instead of Wednesday bless her; what a star.

I'm hoping the reduced hours might be the start of getting me back on a more even keel healthwise. I know I still won't be well or normal, but it might get me out of what they call the "boom or bust" pattern. Here's hoping!

Yesterday's food (late because I was off sick):

Breakfast: HEXB oats with yogurt, berries and gooseberry

Lunch: Jacket potato with WW beans and HEXA cheese

Snacks: HEXB almonds and apricots, chopped up fruit (plum, apple and kiwi), and in the evening more frozen banana "ice cream"

Tea: Leftover quorn and veg tikka masala with rice.

SYNS:

Rice - 1
Curry sauce - 4
Quavers - 4.5
Chocolate mice - 8
TOTAL = 17.5 oops...

At WI this morning I lost 1lb :)

Today's food:

Breakfast: 2 wm HEXB toast with 1tbsp peanut butter and sliced banana

Lunch: Leftover shephard's pie (inc. HEXA cheese), sliced up fruit the same as yesterday, 1 Alpen Light & apricots for HEXB

Tea: I did have a meal plan but can't remember what's for tea tonight so I'll update later! - UPDATE: tea was quorn "lamb" and veg stirfry with SW chow mein sauce (but the syn free one) and rice.

Snack when I went to my friend's for a cuppa in the evening: a 2 finger kitkat.

Syns total:
Peanut butter - 4.5
Kit kat - 5.5
Gravy/port in the lunch shephard's pie - 2
Glass of wine - 4
SYNS = 16, oops again... sigh!

Last edited:
Oh mate that is fantastic news!!!!!!! I think having a day off in the middle is an excellent idea :) Hopefully it'll make a big difference and you wont have that "all or nothing" kinda feel. I really hope it works out for you!

And a 1lb loss as well. Woohoo :D

I kinda love that you forgot what you had planned for tea! My brain's all over the place at the moment. It seems that because I have a heavy study load all other stuff has been pushed out :rolleyes: xx

I know, I'm so relieved and happy they've agreed to it. I'll have to be really careful with money but it'd be worth it to have an improvement in my health. Fingers crossed!

I know Kelly, I'm naturally super organised and make meal plans and shopping lists a week ahead but you can guarantee that when it comes to the day I'll forget. It's like when I buy birthday cards weeks early, then end up buying them again cuz I forget I did it! Doh...

Hi Miss Corset, thanks for subscribing :D

I'm going to update yesterday's syns now...

Today's food:

Breakfast: 20g synned oats (4) with ff yogurt, blueberries, raspberries and banana (didn't want to have the oats as my HEXB as I'm using w/meal rolls later for "pizzas")

Lunch: My amazing stacking tiffin box lunchbox with salad in the top, then couscous with veg and balsamic, then chopped up fruit and berries in the bottom. HEXB of almonds and apricots.

Tea: SW "pizzas" on a wholemeal roll topped with my HEXA cheese and random veggies.

Syns so far:

Couscous - 1
20g oats - 4
1/2 cookie - 4 (don't even ask....!! Dave handed it to me this morning as he'd brought it back from his friend's house. It was white chocolate, I couldn't resist... at least I stopped at half!)

1/2 cookie - 4 (don't even ask....!! Dave handed it to me this morning as he'd brought it back from his friend's house. It was white chocolate, I couldn't resist... at least I stopped at half!)

I've been known to do that! It's called having your cake and binning it - you still have a 'treat' so you don't feel deprived but get the feel-good factor of having resisted all of it.

Other things I've been known to do are eating the pizza topping but binning the base (and sneakily count the bit of cheese towards by HExA), eating the inside of quiche and leaving the base, and having a mouthful of crisps and binning the rest. Warning - if you do any of these, particularly the pizza thing, choose your place and company carefully!!

Wow, well restrained. Not sure that other half would last long in my company!!

Great news about reducing your hours, hopefully it will make a good difference to your health.

And well done on the loss, great work! xx

Oh no I can't bin food either! My Mum either gets it or I save it for another day. Totally! But stopping at half a cookie is amazing :D

I LOVE the sound of your Tiffin box. I have a bit of a lunchbox collection lol. I do love food boxes ;) My favourite one is a Japanese one my Sister got me, but I have many, many food tubs :p

I like the sound of your pizza's too! We used to make pizza's with pitta breads and called them "Poor people's pizza" :8855:

Lol the poor people's pizza sounds pretty nice - I like pitta bread! I'll try and upload a pic of my lunchbox from my phone later if it lets me.

The weekend was ok SW-wise overall all, but I had a cocktail and 2 G&T's on Saturday night and tried some of my hubby's cake and some of a carrot cake I had made yesterday... Hubby got a massive slab of chocolate peanut butter cake from the farmer's market and it was amazing!

Today's food (I did have a SW on plan lunch with me but due to having to go out at lunch and not having time after lunch to go upstairs to heat it up, I bought a Boots meal deal:

Breakfast: HEXB apricot wheats and banana

Lunch: Shapers falafel wrap, garlic olives and diet peach/apricot drink

Tea: Will be tapas at my brother's, as it's my lovely Mum's 60th birthday today. It'll be followed by carrot cake...

Confession: As well as the above, someone at work has been to America and brought back mint oreos and pretzel M&Ms so I had to try them - I had one oreo and about 8 M&M's - gorgeous!

So all in all, not very on track really but I'm not too bothered as it's my mum's birthday and I can't control what I'm eating at my brother's tonight. I'll be on plan for the rest of the week, until we go to London on Saturday!

Poor people pizza IS nice :D It just makes me laugh that we still call it that!

Happy birthday to your lovely Mum :D Hope you all have a nice meal and she gets lots of lovely prezzies and spoilt.

Oh pretzel M&M's are nommy ;) Not tried Oreo ones tho!!xx

Morning guys - sorry for the lack of update yesterday. Another bad day health-wise. I went into work but had to leave at 12.30pm. My hands were so painful all last night, I barely slept (and that's after cocodamol, which did nothing).

Today's food:

Breakfast: beans on 2 slices of HEXB wm bread, grapes

Lunch: Baked potato, beans (wasn't thinking - double bean day!), salad, HEXB alpen and almonds, fruit

Tea: Yeah.... it's on my meal plan at home and I can't remember - must be exciting! Lol x

UPDATE:
Tea ended up being feta bites (need to clear the freezer to defrost, these probably have quite a few syns), carrots, peas and gherkins with Quark with spices in it to dip the bites. I also had a banana with peanut butter on later (about 4 syns). I was in loads of pain again so had a vodka (2 syns) with slimline tonic.

At work, we got a delivery of free Cadbury chocolate (new biscuit ones they're bringing out) so I had my free one (probably about 15 syns!) and a piece of Toblerone.

So overall - definitely went over my syns, and gave up counting... not good!

Last edited:
Oh dear, hope u feel better soon xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back