Katie Cupcake's attempt at slimming down!

Oh matey, hope you're doing ok :)

Hehe beans are yummy! My Sister sometimes has beans twice a day. And we know about it when it happens ;) xx

Hi guys. So this morning's WI was pretty terrible... 3lb on!!! I had expected a gain as I've just not been focused and I end up eating stuff I shouldn't when I'm off sick or in loads of pain, as it takes my mind off it (excuses, excuses!) but I didn't expect a 3lb gain. Although PF hadn't visited for a couple of days so that might not help matters...!

Anyway, there's no point me getting upset about it, I just need to use it to motivate me. It's going to be difficult as we're in London Saturday to Monday and I have no idea what or where we'll be eating, but I've got to just try and do my best. I can't keep gaining weight!

Today's food:

Breakfast: HEXB oats, ff yogurt, blueberries, banana

Lunch: Rice (1 syn) salad with nice tomatoes, spring onions etc etc in it, carrot sticks, HEXB alpen/almonds, plum and apple.

Tea: I'll probably make some pasta with veg and a tomatoey sauce, and use my HEXA cheese on top.

SYNS UPDATE: forgotten details and I'm in bed with my food diary in the other room lol but total was 14.

Last edited:
Oh I get the eating, I really, really do..... Chocolate was my fuel the weekend I came back from Birmingham :eek:

Focus on your weight loss when you come back mate. Maybe try and make some sensible choices in London, but don't spend your time worrying about food, just have a lovely time :) We'll sort you out when you get back :p

What you gonna do in London?x

I agree, def don't get too worked about what u can't control. Do your best to eat sensible but maybe make a plan of attack for when u arrive home?

Have a fan time in London Town :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Defo girls, that's what I'll do :) I've packed some alpen lights for snacks and a healthy lunch for the train. I'll just try and make sensible choices when we're eating out (apart from the odd cocktail!)

Today's food:

B: hexb WM toast with little bit of butter (2) and marmite, apple

L: jacket with lentil Dahl (2 in case of oil as it was from a lunch shop), topped with HEXA feta, grated carrot and spinach, and a spoon of yogurt (2)

T: subway salad with with everything but jalapeños (no olives as they'd run out, boo! And sweet onion sauce (2)

Snacks: carrot sticks and spiced quark, hexb alpen and almonds, quavers (4.5), mugshot, 3 tiny broken chips off hubby's plate (1), tiny bite of SW oat biscuit to see if they turned out ok (1)

SYNS: 14.5

By the way, I realise there's not enough superfree going on today but didn't have much fruit and veg in as I was using up leftovers before London!

I haven't been properly since I was about 13 and hubby for about ten years so we're off to be super touristy and go on the eye etc! We got those £10 return deal train tickets and we're staying in Kensington - can't wait! X

It was an East Coast offer - they released a load a few months ago. You couldn't pick whichever time trains you wanted, just certain ones, but ours were fairly convenient. Not sure if they just do the offer every so often.

We had a fab time in London - went on the eye, went to Tussauds, went to Kensington roof gardens, and had lots of nice meals out (I stayed relatively healthy, apart from the free mini desserts that came with the bill at the Lebanese place, and a millionaire's slice at the National History Museum to keep my energy levels up lol!)

I didn't weigh in this week as I'm thoroughly exhausted and in pain, but at home I've stayed the same. Thought the sheer amount of walking we did might help me lose, but I guess it just helped me maintain despite the cake and dessert (oh and drinks!)

Today's food:

B: HEXB oats, WW yogurt, banana, raspberries and strawberries.

Mid morning snack - NADA! Had to starve for some blood tests so I was bleeding starving by lunch time!

L: Baked potato with half tin of beans and a side salad. Probably going to have a clementine and some grapes this afternoon.

T: Portobello mushroom and pineapple "burger" in HEXB bun with HEXA cheese - might do a side salad or something with it.

Syns:

Nakd bar after the health assessment - as you've fasted before, they offer you a snack and this was the best I could do. They're meant to be healthy but come in at 6 syns!
2 glasses of wine - going out with work and we have a couple of free drinks - 9

Hopefully nothing else, to keep my syns at 15 for the day x

Hey!
Sounds like you had a really good time :D The natural History Museum is by FAR my favourite place in London. I've never even made it to the Science Museum because I always go there ;) Very glad you got to go. Even the entrance hall is an attraction in itself. Love that place!!

I bet you're bloody exhausted? I find city breaks ridiculously tiring, even pre-ME lol! So much to do!

Well done on a sts this week too.

And pffft at being starving by lunch ;) xx

I don't seem to be very good at updating recently... I'm either ill or too busy lol! I don't feel like I'm doing very well, and feel very bloated and "heavy". Although my meals are (as usual) on plan and healthy, I always end up ruining it by snacking on something I really shouldn't. For example at the weekend I made fresh fudge (some Baileys and some caramel vanilla). It was for mother's day presents but there was some left over and I've eaten way too much of it. Which is basically sugar and butter!!! I'm expecting at least a STS but likely a gain on Thursday :(

Today's food:

Breakfast: 2 wm toast with a sliced banana and a small amount of PB (4 syns) and a fat free coconut and pineapple yogurt (quite nice, first time I've tried them!)

Lunch: Salad with 2 olives sliced into it and some quorn chorizo (2 syns for the non-free items), HEXB almonds and apricots and a load of chopped up fruit, and a fig - yum.

Tea: Quorn lamb style grill with cauliflower and carrots, and possibly mash if I can be bothered making it!

Syns:

Piece of fudge (grr): 3 - taken the rest into work
PB: 4
Salad items: 2

Total: 9 so far - hopefully I can leave it there.

Update of total syns:

Fudge - 6
PB - 4
Salad items - 2
Olives x8 - 1
Butter - 2
Ketchup - 1
TOTAL = 16...

Last edited:
OOoh home made fudge?! Lovely :D Very tempting tho isn't it?!

Where did you get the coconut and pineapple yogurt from? Is it veggie by any chance?!

Hope you've been feeling ok. I've had a bad run of days but feeling a bit better today :) Just in time for a few days off from work ;) x

Oh it was gorgeous if I do say so myself lol! First time I've made it. The yogurt is a 0% Danone Shape one and yes it's veggie. Much nicer than I expected actually!

It's my first Wednesday off now that I've reduced my hours, although it's going to be a little busy. I'm going to my first of 6 meditation classes in a mo, and then meeting my dad for lunch. He's shortly moving abroad so it will probably be the only time i'll see him this year, looking forward to it. I've planned what to have from the menu but i'll update you all later x

Had a lovely time with my dad! Today's food looks like this:

B: HEXB oats, ff coconut & pineapple yogurt, strawberries, blueberries and a mini fig

Snack before meditation: banana and half HEXB Alpen light

L: cauliflower cheese soup (didn't eat the white bread roll that came with it) and then a roasted butternut squash salad including HEXA feta, olives and peppers. Weirdly it had no dressing so I'm just going to syn a couple for the peppers which seemed to have been roasted in oil.

T: pasta with homemade tomato, mushroom and onion sauce

Snack: bowl of chopped fruit - grapes, strawberries, apple, kiwi and blueberries.

SYNS
2 glasses of dry white wine - 9
olives - 1
cheese in soup - 4
oil - 2
Total = 16. Just over, again!

Ooooh had no idea Shape had some new flavours. Will have a look when I go shopping :D Thanks!!

Where's your Dad moving too? I'm sure you've told me this before. Sorry *goldfish brain*

Also, how did meditation go? Must be quite interesting? I've trained (only to level 1) in Reiki and that needs some meditation and calming exercises and stuff. I often use it when my heart is hammering, trying to get out of my chest!
I've been thinking about having a re-shuffle of my work days once I've finished this stupid course. I would like to drop a day, meaning I'd have to work an extra hour each day instead. But I liked your plan of having the Wednesday off in between :) I can't do it yet coz I have till August to finish the course, but I'll hopefully be done before then!!
Hope you're alrighty.xx

I went to Asda instead of Tesco for once and saw it - nice to have a change as I almost always get WW or Activia 0!

He moves to Ibiza at the end of the month, as you do! I'm used to him either being down South or abroad so it won't really make any difference, cuz we Skype anyway, but I'll hopefully go out and visit him for a few days before the end of the year.

The meditation was good :D it's a 6 week course, 1 hour every Wednesday. I found it fairly relaxing - didn't really learn anything new but I suppose week 1 is meant to be basic. ME Clinic recommend it for "active relaxation" as they don't count reading/tv as rest! x

Feel like I've eaten loads today, but all good stuff!

Breakfast: HEXB oats, ff yogurt, lots of different chopped fruit.

Lunch: Parnsip soup (2 syns), salad with ff dressing, fruit salad.

Snacks: Carrot sticks, HEXB almonds and apricots (although haven't eaten the almonds yet).

Tea: Haven't decided yet but something free, that involves my HEXA cheese.

Syns so far: 2

I'm going to get my nails done with my mum tonight and on Thursdays they give you free pink bubbly so I'll need between 4 and 9 syns depending on how much I have. Will update!

Oh ps - today's weight - 2 LBS OFF! :)

Woohoo for 2lbs off!! Well did :D

I do not like the sound of "active relaxation"!! Sounds tiring!!

You know I have never had my nails done. I'm terrible at being a girl ;)

I went to Asda before and didn't see the yogurts :( There were some pineapple & coconut ones, but they were full fat Activia. Xx

Last edited:
You've never had your nails done? Nooo, this is a tragedy! See I like to have gel ones every so often, so I can't do those myself. They're so much easier cuz once they're painted, they last 3 or 4 weeks and you don't have to do anything with them. Wish I could afford to have them done every month!

I've been MIA again haven't I? I don't seem to be very consistent lately. We were away camping Friday to Sunday and I managed to stick to SW pretty well apart from extra bread (had 2 rolls with BBQ) and what I was drinking (red wine)!

I've got my day off tomorrow, and then I'm going to Barcelona at the crack of dawn on Thursday morning for 4 days. It'll be very difficult to stick to SW whilst there, as things just might not be available. I think as a veggie I'll just have to take what I can get and try to make sensible choices. I don't want to ruin it for my mum and brother by being fussy!

Back