Katie Cupcake's attempt at slimming down!

I've never had my nails done, either!

Camping? At this time of year? Rather you than me!

Hope you enjoy Barcelona - it shouldn't be too bad SW wise, especially if you 'use' oil in food as your HExB. But hey, you're on holiday, so you don't want to be too strict with yourself!

Having my nails done would be wasted on me considering my job! Absolutely pointless lol.

How was your weekend away? Camping with ME doesn't sound like fun to me lol! I decided a long time ago that the only camping I would ever do again would be for Glastonbury or there are a few dog sledding treks that have you camping in the mountains. That would be IT! lol

Oooh Barcelona! Lovely :D One of the places I would like to visit. I feel like that when I travel, whatever veggie options there are I'll have!! You really can't be fussy as a veggie abroad :( And as Patty said, you are on holiday!!

Btw I found the yogurts today in Tesco! I'll have one tomorrow because I'm doing a fast day today. Rather excited ;) x

I've been trying to find this out too, used one to make magic pancakes this morning, yummy, but can't find them online... May need to use the syns calculator...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Bad news! I've tracked down the right ones and they're not free... *cries*. And I ate 4 before finding this out lol. God knows why they're not as they're 0% but sometimes I don't know how these things are worked out. I think they're something stupid like 3 syns too... so either way I won't be buying them again when I could just have free ones. Sorry ladies!!

I had a fantastic holiday in Barcelona - we saw all the sights, had lovely tapas and wine, and it was really nice to spend time with my mum and brother. Unfortunately all the fun has taken it's toll on my weight (of course - I mean it's not like we're allowed to have fun and let loose every so often without suffering the consequences lol!) I reckon it could be anywhere between 2 and 4 lbs on at Thursday's WI - it's hard to tell from home scales being so different. Sigh. I can even feel my work trousers straining a bit now.

Anyway - onwards, upwards and back on SW! Today's food:

B: HEXB apricot wheats, ff yogurt, kiwi
L: Salad with ff dressing and Quorn chorizo (1 syn), carrot sticks, strawberries and grapes. HEXB Apricots/almonds as snacks.
T: Probably Quorn "chicken" with tikka marinade (1 syn), broccoli and a baked potato.

I'm also drinking tons of water/SF squash today as I didn't drink nearly enough while I was away.

Hi Katie. So glad you had a good time in Barcelona.

These Shape coconut & pineapple yogurts are causing great confusion! The new one - Special Edition 0% Fat in a pink tub - is not yet on Syns On-line, but people have put it through the Syn calculator and it's coming up as free.

The 'old' one - a 'Summer Special' in a green tub - is 3.5 Syns (I presume it's got sugar rather than sweetener in).

You might want to double check, but the pink one apparently has the same sort of figures as aSyn-free Muller Light.

Really disappointed tonight. I used to absolutely love exercise (skating, gym, classes, the odd bit of jogging... not proper running!) Since I got ill with ME, I haven't been able to exercise at all. I've gone from about 7 hours a week of exercise to nothing for over 8 months and I have missed it like hell. I miss feeling strong and fit. I miss the endorphins. I miss challenging myself. It's been one of the hardest bits of getting ill. Pain and fatigue, time off work - all crap but I can get through it. Having my choices taken away from me, not so much. Well I joined a very local gym on the promise they were about to start twice weekly yoga classes. I know I wouldn't have managed a full class but even if I joined in for 10/15 mins of it, it would be an improvement. The prospect of it was keeping me positive. Anyway, I turned up for the first class tonight to be told they weren't bothering doing them!! I was in my gym clothes, with my yoga mat, all excited and nervous about how I'd manage, and had to just walk home again :(

Sorry for the total downer, I'll stop being to moany and woe is me now!!! Gonna do some stretches at home on my yoga mat and see how I manage.

Oh mate that's awful about the gym :( I know how you feel about the exercise! I mean I wasn't as hardcore as you!! But I ran with my dogs, walked for miles and miles every week, went swimming, did karate training, etc... Now I'm lucky if I'm good enough for a dog walk! It is beyond frustrating!
I can't believe they're not running the yoga classes though, you must be so disappointed :(

So glad you had such a good holiday!! Shame about the potential weight gain, but you have to enjoy yourself some times :)

I think the 3 syn yogurts are the full fat Activia ones that are 3 syns a go. I can't imagine a 0% one would be so high, especially when the crumble ones are only 0.5 syns! Hopefully SW will make it official soon. I'm taking them as free for now ;) xx

So I was off plan over Easter. I was staying at my mum's for 3 days as we had family from the midlands staying, so I just ate what I was given, and had some of my easter egg chocolate. Didn't overindulge, but definitely wasn't on plan! Anyway, I've drawn a line under it to start afresh from today and get back on it. My weight is just getting away from me now and I really need to sort it out! So here goes:

B: 1/2 tin of beans on 1 toasted wm bread roll, a kiwi
L: Leek and potato soup (homemade), 3 Ryvita, 3 Laughing Cow extra light, plum, apple, 10 almonds
T: SW mushy pea curry with rice - my first attempt, wish me luck!

Likely snack: Fresh mango

HEXA: Milk and 3 extra light Laughing Cow cheese (should be 6 really but I don't want that many!!)
HEXB: 1 wm bread roll and 2 Ryvita/10 almonds

Syns: 3 (reduced fat creme fraiche in the soup) so far.

Syns update:
Soup - 3
Mini caramel - 4
2 mini eggs - 1.5
Rice - 1.5
TOTAL - 10

Last edited:
Today's food:

B: 1 large slice of homemade wm bread with 1tsp marg and marmite, berries and ff yogurt.

Snack: banana.

Late lunch: 2 egg omelette with loads of veg and a side salad with balsamic. Watermelon.

Snack: mint Hifi.

Tea: 2 Quorn chicken breaststroke topped with dairylea light slices, sautéed kale and sw chips, 2 Syns of ketchup.

HEXA: Milk and 2 DL light slices.
HEXB: mint Hifi and 1 large wm bread.

Syns updated
Marg - 1
Ketchup - 1
Choc cornflake bun - 8
TOTAL - 10 :)

Last edited:
Still feeling crappy :( on the plus side, I have my SW pizza dough rising in the breadmaker as we speak. Making the SW pizzas from the last magazine for tea tomorrow night and I can't wait! Excited to have a proper pizza, rather than using bread rolls for once lol! The dough recipe serves 4 but it looks like you only get a (biggish) slice each and I'm realistic enough to know once piece of pizza won't be enough! So I'm splitting it between the two of us, meaning my base is 11 syns but the rest of the toppings will be free veg/tomato sauce and HEXA mozarella. Yum! Hope they turn out well.

Hey matey!
So sorry I haven't visited for a little while. Things have been nuts!

Glad you had a good Easter with your Mum :) Well done for getting back on plan so quickly, I've really struggled *blush*

Sorry to hear you're having a bad ME day. How does it manage to creep up on us like that?! Sometimes there really is no warning is there?! Hope it eases a bit for you soon.

The pizza sounds brill! And nice and healthy and you can control the topping's and stuff.

What's a cornflake bun??x

Hey Kelly, sounds like you've had a lot going on from your diary! Yeah, I've been in a lot of pain on and off over easter. Still not great today but up to going to work :)

A cornflake bun is just cornflakes mixed with melted choc and golden and set in the fridge - like kids make lol! Sent a load to hubby's work to get rid of some of my easter choc. Xx

Sent from my D5503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back