Katie Cupcake's attempt at slimming down!

Ooh ladies, I might have a tip for you! I bought some "Slim Tea" from Holland & Barrett - it's meant to curb hunger. I've only had it twice, but both days I've taken my lunch later than usual as I haven't been hungry for it. So maybe, just maybe, it actually works! It's a bit of an acquired taste but not too bad. It's by Dr Stuart's, if anyone's interested :)

Ah, we call them cornflake cakes :D They are nommy!

Glad to hear you're doing a bit better today and back in work :)

What's the 'flavour' ingredients for the tea? I have seen that tea for years but imagined it to be vile lol!

Umm the tea has fennel, dandelion (I think) and something called galangal root which is meant to be a bit like ginger. It says it's got a natural orange flavouring, but I can just taste the fennel really. It's an acquired taste but not too bad - a bit like when you first start drinking something like peppermint tea and it tastes a bit strange to start with!

Today's food:

B: HEXB oats, ff yogurt, blueberries and raspberries.

L: Not 100% sure yet but I have eggs and kale that need using, so maybe an omelette (HEXA cheese) with garlic "fried" kale.

T: Asian mushroom noodle broth (syn free).

Snacks: banana and second HEXB Hifi.

Syns:

I'm going for a couple of drinks tonight so will use my syns on wine but will try and stick to just 2 or 3 drinks.

Oh ladies, how I wish it wasn't Monday. I'm soooo tired! And my left arm is killing me (stupid ME pain). Can't wait for bed tonight already lol. I'll start with a quick catch up on the weekend's food.

Saturday:

B: HEXB oats, yogurt, berries.

L: 2 poached eggs on a bed of garlic wilted kale (this was soooo tasty, I'll be making it again!)

Snacks: 2 Stix, a banana, a pack of fruit chunks (melon, mango, pineapple)

T: Asian mushroom noodle broth (free).

Syns:

Wine - 15 (which lead to the below after I got the munchies!)
Quavers - 4.5
Custard - 5
Skittles - 2
TOTAL: 26.5 .. not ideal but at least I've been under the rest of the week so haven't gone over my weekly allowance.

Sunday:

Pre-brunch: Banana

Brunch @ Giraffe: Veggie sausages, poached eggs on toast, mushrooms and beans with ketchup (1).

Tea: Spinach wilted kale, sweet potato mash and babycorn. Was doing roast pork for others and forgot to do myself a veggie option:

Pudding: watermelon.

Snacks: 2 Stix.

Syns:

Ketchup - 1
Marg - 1
Gravy - 2
Square of chocolate - 2
Honey (in honey & lemon for sore throat) - 1
Half a slice of lemon drizzle cake - 7
TOTAL: 14

Today's food:

B: HEXB oats, ff yogurt, blueberries, raspberries and then some watermelon after.

L: Homemade beetroot soup, babycorn, HEXB Stix/apricots, apple, plum.

T: Quorn spaghetti bolognese with HEXA cheese, and probably more watermelon after.

Syns:

Not sure yet but I may have a glass of white wine with dinner, and maybe some chocolate later.

UPDATE: I didn't have any wine, but used the following:

7 - percy pig easter egg (only a small amount but it's very sweet so was still satisfying).
1 - Port in bolognese
2.5 - light tomato bolognese sauce divided into 4 portions
TOTAL: 10.5

Last edited:
Oh no - hope you get through the day OK. Roll on bedtime.

Your food is looking very tasty ( escept the Mugshot - urgh!) and I think I must try kale as you make it sound so interesting!

It sounds as though Kelly dislikes all the teas I do like! Are you finding the tea works? I've had Slimmertea (or a similar name), but I don't recommend it as it has a - ahem - laxative effect. Could be useful at times, I suppose!

Hi Patty! Hope you had a good weekend. Lol I quite like the Mugshots but they're quite "fake" so I get why you wouldn't. Oh kale is now one of my favourite things! I only tried it for the first time this year but it's gorgeous. You can stirfry it with Frylight and garlic then season and it's lovely. I also oven bake it into "crisps" and they're really good too.

I think the Slim Plus tea might actually be working, although I've only had it about a week so it could be coincidence. But every day I've had it, I've taken lunch later because I haven't been hungry yet. Plus I'm kind of getting used to the fennel taste and starting to actually enjoy it!

Hey!
Urgh it's horrible waking up and already looking forward to going back to bed!

Hehe the tea's I like are rooibos, earl grey, some fruity ones, peppermint tea. at least we wouldn't be fighting over the last tea bag ;)

Hope you're arm feels better soon mate. The randomness of ME still confuses me!xx

Thanks Kelly. Stupid arm pain woke me up about every hour last night so I'm really tired today. It's still hurting but I've given up on the painkillers as they're not helping!

Today's food:

B: HEXB oats, ff yogurt, berries and then some watermelon. I'm loving my watermelon lately!

L: Jacket potato with beans and a plain side salad cuz I'm lazy and couldn't be bothered going to the work kitchen to get the dressing lol!

Snacks: Apple, plum, baby corn, half HEXB Stix bar.

T: I'm going to make a recipe I saw on someone's I-Gram. It's a homemade canneloni, stuffed with spinach and onion cottage cheese, covered in a tomato sauce and I'll sprinkle my HEXA cheese over before baking. Sounds yum!

Syns:

1 - two Hula Hoops (someone at work offered me lol - guessed the syns)
4 - small dry white wine.

Last edited:
Mmmmm my tea was gorgeous!! I made the SW cannelloni and it was so nice. We both went back for more and it was even better cold strangely! And all syn free (using the cheddar on top as HEXA). The only thing was, it was sooo fiddly filling the little cannelloni tubes. It took ages, which wasn't ideal with my dodgy arm lol. I will definitely be making them again, but I'll either try and find some giant shells and spoon it in (Tesco didn't have any) or I'll use lasagne sheets and just spoon it on and roll it up.

Hey!
Tea sounds really nice. Last time I was in Sainsbury's they had all their Finest pasta at £1 a bag and I got some giant tagliatelle. Sure they do the big shells and tubes too :)
I love it when you find a new meal tho. It's pretty exciting! Well, to me anyway lol. I love food ;) I haven't done a new recipe in ages!

How's your naughty arm feeling today?x

Today's food:

B: HEXB oats, ff yogurt, berries, a banana.

L: Homemade free beetroot soup, apple, plum, carrot sticks with half HEXA Philly, HEXB almonds/apricots. (UPDATE: got busy at work training the new temp so I never actually ate my soup lol)

T: I'm going to try Big Mac in a bowl (veggie quorn for me, beef for hubby), using my other half HEXA for the cheese. I'll let you know if it lives up to all the hype!

Syns:
None thus far - will update later :)

Last edited:
I got the fake away book last night and am going to try the burger Ina bowl from it on Saturday for dinner

Back