Katie Cupcake's attempt at slimming down!

Celery - bluerg :p LOL! But interesting.....

I do like the look of your Big Mac in a Bowl. Basically salad, mince, and cheese?? xx

Kelly, I'm a big celery hater too but you can't taste it in the soup. It just adds some thickness once blended. You could probably replace it with something else.

Yeah the big mac in a bowl (veggie style) is shredded iceberg lettuce, chopped gherkins and tomatoes, topped with quorn mince that's been "fried" with onions and garlic. A couple of light cheese slices torn over, and then the best part - the dressing! Google amounts, but it's light mayo, tomato puree, smoked paprika, vinegar, seasoning and a bit of mustard (hence the syns - only 2 I think). It's yum!

Today's food:

B: Chopped fruit and banana with yogurt (which didn't fill me up for long but I was saving my HEXB).

L: Wholemeal cheese salad sandwich with marg (2) and mustard (1), the usual fruit and carrot sticks and SALTED CARAMEL HIFI!! I've finally got some. It was really nice - they're always a bit smaller and less substantial than you hope but very tasty.

T: Asian mushroom noodle broth.

Syns:

As above - 3
Probably 2 glasses of wine tonight with work people - 9

I've had a busy bank holiday weekend and haven't really been online much so it's time to catch up. I have been rubbish :( totally gutted, as I'd been having such a perfect on-plan 8 days until it all went wrong from Friday teatime onwards....!!

I was on plan all day Friday but then went for a couple of drinks with work - which lead to going to GBK. Alcohol always makes me mega hungry and literally ALL they do is burgers... so veggie burger and fries it was. Not too bad... until! I went home and ate a whole easter egg... why??!!! It was like I thought "well I've already blown today, might as well carry on". Which is just ridiculous reasoning in hindsight!

Saturday wasn't too bad - I didn't actually eat very much as I had a bit of a bug, but we were out at lunchtime so grabbed something at a pub. I had a mozarella and tomato sandwich (took off the top slice of bread as the bread was mega thick), and asked for it with extra salad instead of chips. Saturday night I went to a welcome home meal for my friend and we went to Nandos. I had the med salad, corn (no butter) and diet coke. Again, fine. Until I went home and ate more chocolate!! Really?!

Then yesterday I had a mojito (sugary cocktail...) and a curry. With naan instead of rice, so deffo not how SW say to do it!

Today was fine all day but then I was at my mum's for tea, and she'd had people over the night before. She had a load of food that needed finishing so I wasn't really in control of what I was able to choose. I tried to make sensible choices to an extent, without being fussy. I had:

Spinach and ricotta (HEXA) lasagne with green salad, homemade light coleslaw and tomato/onion salad. 2 slices of garlic baguette. 1 tiny glass of red (was driving). Then instead of tart or roulade, I finished off the fruit salad.. but I did have a scoop of cherry ice cream with it. I reckon this is the damage:

Marg (breakfast) - 1
Half a bitter this afternoon - 3.5
Light mayo - 1
Wine - 3
Bechemel (she only uses a scraping) - 2
Bread - 8
Ice cream (120 cals a scoop) - 6
TOTAL SYNS: 24.5 - sigh.

Oh and to continue the theme of being totally crap - I'm going for lunch with work tomorrow to a Brazilian meat restaurant. So for me, the only choice is pasta and the buffet. I'm going to see if they'll do a small tomato based pasta and then grab salad/pickles/olives (1 syn for 8) from the buffet, with a diet coke. I could not get the pasta but since I'm paying £17 for the joy of not even being able to eat half of it, I want something half decent lol!

Today's food:

(I didn't end up going for the team meal as I'm too busy, so it's probably a blessing in disguise lol!)

B: HEXB apricot wheats, banana, 2 tangerines.

L: Potato with beans and HEXA cheese, carrot sticks, HEXB Ryvita minis, tangerine, plum.

T: Asian mushroom noodle broth (3 syns for mirin and rice wine in broth).

Syns:
Mirin - 2
Rice wine - 1
15g Curly Wurly - 3.5
Mini flake - 4
TOTAL: 10.5

Last edited:
Awww mate! Have a big hug :bighug:

Weeks like this are so easily done and sometimes I think we do think "Oh what the hell, I'e already ruined it" I know I do. But, the thing is, you know how to put it right now :)

I just shoveled chocolate in my face the week after Easter. To the point of feeling sick, but I felt like I couldn't help it. Course I could, but I wanted to eat it ;)
But we do know how to fix it and put things right and you'll be ok. Hopefully you wont get too much of a gain for it and make you feel even worse.

Hope you're ok and having a good day today.xx

Thanks Kelly and Patty :) I'm trying to be positive and move on but it's so demotivating sometimes. I think I struggle most when what I eat is out of routine or out of my control - like going out for a meal or going to someone else's house. I don't like making a fuss and asking for things to be changed. And at someone's house, I feel like it's rude to say anything and you should just appreciate what they make. So the key seems to be never eat away from home lol!!

Anyway, it's going fine so far today. Although tea might be changing from Vindaloo to an Asian mushroom noodle broth (both syn free), as the dried mushrooms have been rehydrated and need eating asap.

Today's food:

B: I had brunch today as I got up late and was going to be having a much later lunch. Had 1/2 tin of beans, a poached egg, mushrooms and tomatoes done in Frylight, with a cuppa.

Snacks: Pineapple, banana, HEXB 1 Hifi salted caramel bar.

L: Cup a pasta - tomato and herb (free with a voucher, it was yuck!) and a cup of tea

T: Quorn chicken chow mein from the fakeaway book - it was absolutely packed with veg and was yummy! 2 syns for sesame oil.

SYNS:
Oil - 2
125ml red wine - 4.5
TOTAL: 6.5

I also still have a HEXA and a HEXB left if I want something later :D

Today's food:

B: HEXB oats, ff yogurt and blueberries/raspberries (I'm so predictable, but I always enjoy it!)

L: Leftover quorn chicken chow mein.

Snacks: HEXB almonds/apricots, satsuma, apple.

T: Going to Pizza Express so I've scoured the menu and it looks like: share olives, get the superfood salad for main (mozarella as HEXA) and a small glass of wine. I'll update on syns later and let you know if it goes to plan!

Also, if anyone has insta - gram, let me know (it won't let me type it properly lol). I've got really into it since I joined a few weeks ago; I've even seen some of our minis on there :) i'm @katiecupcake85

ooh I'll have a look. I absolutely love it. Think thats why I've been a bit AWOL with minimins since finding you. I'm kimberley_sw xxx

Back