Katie's goal to not fight with food every day!

Uh? Gosh, some children do have 'em. I'd love to have a BMI of 24.8 (or even 23.8 - which is what it actually is - s*d their scales). Parents - they screw you up. :)

I know it's really really tough. For years, my father couldn't actually resist making some comment about my weight. It wasn't until I hit my late 30s that I finally had it out with him - stuff along the lines of why did it matter so much how much I weighed - was he trying to say he loved me less when I was fatter, etc? Of course, he was horrified. Said he'd only been trying to be encouraging.

But it took me years to figure out why, after going to visit my parents, I'd always fall off whatever diet I was doing. No matter how many weeks I'd been doing brilliantly, a single visit to my parents could throw me straight off plan.

It's horrible, isn't it, knowing that your father will somehow be prouder of you if you lost weight? Kind of makes you wonder how he came to have that attitude. Again, it took me years to figure out, but I think it was because his mother was always overweight (still is, but she's 100 now, so I reckon she's allowed ;)) and he was embarrassed that his mother was bigger than all his friends' mothers.

I guess all of that is a roundabout way of saying that it's his issue, not yours. You are a perfectly normal healthy weight (yes, I know you'd like to be a little bit slimmer :)) But the only person you can lose weight for is you. You're already good enough, sweetheart. Even if you weighed 3 stones more than you do now, you'd still be lovely. Your weight doesn't define you - what you tell yourself about how you look does.

{{{Hugs}}}

Oh I couldnt agree with Lilly more. That's not ok for you to endure that kind of preasure from your parents. I too have a highly critical mother, who actually leaves TRAPS around to derail me (thats not my parranoid imagination) "Natalie, you really just need to have willpower, look at how fit I am" - she is 60 and looks about 40, and I mean a well groomed 40 year old!

Anyway back to you. Your current BMI is already at the bottom end of the normal range, when you get down to the 19's you will be seriously slim. If thats where YOU want to be, then great Go for it!!! But if thats where your parents want you to be, you need to re-evaluate it, because when there is an external locus of control (an external force which motivates you) whatever you try and achieve is never sustainable. You need to get to a healthy, manageable weight and (much like me) change your outlook to be ok around food and stop the YoYoing.

Super Big Hugs

Nat

Thank you so much for your words, I had a long chat with my CDC this week and realised that actually, my parents being so small and teasing and mocking bigger people is probably one of the main reasons I have such an issue with my body and with food.

It was great to talk about it, feels like a weight off my shoulders.

I am going to keep going, but I'm doing it for me, I am really doing it for me. If I'm not hapier at goal, or nearly at goal then I need to reconsider why I am not happy but for now this is what I can concentrate on :)

Hey there,

Just checking to see how you are doing? You must be almost due for weigh in, how was this week? I am loving your new outlook!

It's really hard to be around Fatists, I know, because I have a fair few in my family too, but it just reinforces your dysfuctional behaviour around food, it predisposes the binge,purge,starve,binge cycle. Which again I know only too well.

You are so great, and you are certainly on track, you are doing this for you and only for you. Incidentally, what you weigh now is my goal weight!!! So you must be a knockout!!!!

Hey!! I think the hardest thing ever is trying to please your family, they are by far the people who influence me, and i'm sure most people, most too. There is no better feeling than making your family prous but no worse feeling than them thinking you are a failure :(

This week has been so tough! I started a new job as a nurse and the shifts are 13.5 hours!! I leave home at 6 am and get back about 9.30pm!! There's also an abundance of cake chocolate and biscuits from patients about, so temptation has been horrible, but I didn't give in! I also managed my dvd after two long shifts!

Unsure about weight loss this week (due in 2 hours!!) as I really think I've put on muscle due to exercise, but I'm convinced I've lost fat! So we'll see, anything would be good tbh as my weight loss is slowing down due to my bmi I think even though there is still fat there as i'm so short!!

You are 4" taller than me as well bettie - it makes such a difference to how you look :) I would dearly love to be a bit taller, tall people carry weight so much better! Congrats on your weightloss so far bettie, you are so nearly under a bmi of 30 :) xx

excellent!!!! Job well done.

ooh I just love coming down in the morning and seeing '8stone... something' on the scales :D time to step up to level 3 of the 30 day shred here I go guys!!

ooh I just love coming down in the morning and seeing '8stone... something' on the scales :D time to step up to level 3 of the 30 day shred here I go guys!!

Bloody hell I bet it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love that! One day perhaps....:sigh:

By the way is 30 day shred any good?

Ooooh, Its only 20 minutes, sounds even better. Have you noticed any effects in your shape and tone?

Had the WORST day ever yesterday, started off great until my OH had to work late and wasn't going to be home until 10pm, I don't know why but something just said 'well I ca eat what I want then who's going to know?'

I started off with some quorn, fine, hadn't quite had full amount by then anyway

Then I moved on to the freezer

Ben and Jerry's Frozen Yoghurt Cherry Garcia

I ate half

Then I made myself sick (the most disgusting thing I've ever done I am so ashamed of myself)

Then I ate the other half

I cannot believe I'm even telling you this, I am so ashamed, I'm so embarrassed, I have let myself down I have let everybody down - I hate myself so much. I cannot believe I ruined this I was so happy :'(

I am back on track today but I cannot escape the guilt and how disgusted I am that I actually made myself sick. I am Vile :'(

Then I made myself sick (the most disgusting thing I've ever done I am so ashamed of myself)

Oh no! Please don't do that again!!! Don't feel guilty, we all slip up! (see my diary!) but that's never the answer! :hug99:You will make yourself really ill, both in mind & body.

Have you got the Linda Spangle book? I really recommend it, or the 100 days of weightloss Iphone/pod/pad app, which is the same but cheaper!

You are 8 stone something!! that's amazing!! Your BMI is lower than mine girly!! :D Just think how far you have come! NOBODY is perfect, I haven't seen a diary on here yet of someone that has done CD without coming off plan once, we're all human! You are not vile, or a bad person!! This is food!! Everybody has to eat & because you chose to eat off plan isn't the end of the world.

PM me if you need to talk hon. xx

Back