kat's progress towards 10 stone

Hi, katotonic just thought i would pop by you've looked in on me recently so thought i'd have a nose looking fab you've some great ideas for brekkie and dinners well done great losses too x

Hi chocaslim

thanks for popping in and taking a look. Its good to have a little peek at other diaries isn't it. Can give you some great ideas. I am a bit addicted to my current breakfasts - quorn with grilled mushroom and tomatoes / beans. Its really quick to make, free and healthy and makes me feel like I go to work on a full English! It doesnt take too long to make - you just throw it all on the grill and run round doing something else. Great stuff! I havent tried your pancakes out yet - may try them next weekend when I have more time.

So Saturday: Not counting this day at all but thought I'd set out what I ate:

Brunch: Quorn sausage, tinned tomotoes

Dinner: - In a gastro pub type place: starter of carrot and ginger soup (v. tasty) no bread. Main of duck breast with parsnip mash and braised red cabbage (gave about 1/3 of duck away to hubby as was full).

Drink: 1.5 pints of larger and half a bottle of red wine.

Exercise: does wallpapering count?!

So, no idea how many syns on Saturday, but decided not to try and count, but just be good. I think I chose well on the menu - soup was homemade and didnt taste creamy. The main was duck which is fatty but it had been simply grilled and I filled up on the mash (which tbh was creamy!!) and the cabbage. No dessert as I really didnt fancy it. I had a lovely night out, didnt feel like Id deprived myself but dont think I overindulged either. A good night out.

See you all later

Kat
x

Sunday: started with food delivery at 7.30am - why oh why did that ever sound like a good idea!
Made the most of the early start and took the dogs out for an extra long walk. Good job too as the rain came in by late morning. Rest of day spent decorating the bedroom. Me and Hubby are not great at decorating, so it takes us a really long time. Two days decorating = two walls wallpapered... but slow and sure we will get there. Things already looking much nicer.

Extra Easy today:

Bfast: Quorn sausage, mushroom and grilled tomato

Lunch: quorn shepherds pie - made with bovril stock, chunky carrot and onion with chilli and for the topping mashed carrot and swede. Delicious, and some left over for dinner later in the week.

Dinner: Butternut squash stew with cous cous. Really tasty - the first from my new 100 extra easy days cookbook. Very filling, especially wth the cous cous. Extra portions made for lunch tomorrow too!

Syns: curly wurly 6.5 and two glasses of beer 9

Exercise: 1 hour walk with dogs plus wall papering

HEA: milk
HEB: alpen light bars

Drink: about 1 litre of cordial

Can't believe the weekend has gone already. And cant believe its only two days to weigh -in. yikes not been fab these last few days. Still I had a fab weight loss last week so can afford to go easier this week.

Night all
x

hello

Happy Valentine's Day everyone xxxxx

Bfast: Quorn sausage, grilled tomato and mushroom

Lunch: butternut squash stew and cous cous

Dinner: quorn sausage sandwich (brown bread) with brown sauce

snack: curly wurly, tangerine, glass of wine

HEB: brown bread

Syns: 12

exercise: 30 minute dog walk

Drink: 1 litre of water.

Weigh-in tomorrow morning. Not been as good as I could have this last week so anything would be a bonus, as long as I don't weigh more I will be happy.

Enjoy the rest of your valentine's everyone and remember .... its more about the little acts of love every day than the once a year grand gesture ....at least that's what I tell myself :)

Kat
xx

hello chocaslim

had a nightmare week with work last week and felt really under the weather. Am back on form now though :)
Will start my posting again later today.

glad to have been missed :)
kat
x

well I am back.... had a bit of a rough week last week, with work, star week and feeling full of cold - and had to entertain the nephews for the weekend on top of that! Didnt go too off plan - in the sense that the pizza I had was the healthiest thinest one I could find!!! I have sts which is OK all things considering, but it has made me realise I should stick with writing this diary even on the days when I fall off the plan as otherwise its really easy to start kidding yourself you are eating better than you are (or even worse than you are). The process of recording and reflecting is really helpful. Good lesson to learn - and share.

So extra easy today:

bfast: quorn sausage, grilled mushroom, half a tin of plum tomatoes

lunch: Home made veggie soup with a handful of macaroni pasta thrown in

dinner: jacket potato with grilled rump steak and large salad of chopped cucumber, red onion, tomatoes and spoonful of low fat natural yog.

HEA: milk for coffee
HEB: alpen light bars x2

drink: 1 litre of water

syns: 2 small bottles of lager - 13 syns

exercise: 20 minutes walk. - still taking it easy following the shin splints but should be able to gradually increase from tomorrow. Yippee.

Hope everyone is well and sticking to plan. Im looking forward to getting back to planning my menus and feeling like Im in charge of what Im eating and that Im eating things Ive planned for and looked forward to.

More tomorrow

Kat
x

so well and truly feel back on the plan now :)
had another physio session today for my shin, and while its getting better I still have to be careful what I can do. Aqua aerobics was on the plan for tonight. The bus is on diversion at the moment so I thought Id get a cab there, and my friend's hubby would be able to drop me off. Alas, the cab arrived too late for me to make it. How annoying is that. I even had my cossy on and was already to jump up and down in the water! Ah well power plates tomorrow and then yoga on Monday, with lots of stretching exercises too.

Extra easy today:

bfast; same old same old :) - quorn with mushroom and plum tomatoes

lunch: ryvita with cottage cheese followed by plums and a just add water hot chocolate. afternoon treat of chai latte

dinner: veggie bean curry: butternut squash with onions, tinned tomatoes, butter beans, preserved lemons and spices - very yummy. followed by fruit, meringue and plain low fat yog. small bottle of beer :)

Drink: .5 litre of water

HEA : milk for latte
HEB: ryvita
Syns: beer - 6, meringue 5: total 11

Exercise: walk to and from station and from work to physio and back. About 50 minutes worth of walking (and another 10 minutes of pacing for the taxi that never was LOL). Can't wait for the nights to get lighter so I can take the dogs out for a walk. Hubby does it in winter as I dont like walking round the streets in the dark - even with two dogs (they are wuses though!)

Right early to bed, to try and sleep off the rest of this malingering cold.

Friday tomorrow - yippee it must be a SW KFC tea......

Night all

Kat
x

cheers m'dear!

Writing my update now but sure I will eat more after I have written this because for some reason I just want to eat eat eat.....

Went to powerplates tonight for the first time in about 2 weeks. wow, those vibrations made my nose tickle - I could hardly focus on the exercise as I was so busy thinking about thinking about my itchy nose!

Although we were going to have SW KFC tonight, the food delivery was chicken thighs rather than drumsticks and I really didnt fancy eating them as KFC. Much better for a casserole I think.

Bfast (wow that seems so long ago). quorn sausage and baked beans

Lunch: ryvita and cottage cheese, two muller light yogs and slice of toast with scrape of marg

Dinner: sw chips, two poached eggs and two slices of thick cut ham. followed by two bottles of beer

Drink: .5 litre of water

exercise: 30 minutes powerplate and 30 minutes walking to work and back

Syns: 15 (?) guessing as Im not sure what brown toast with scrap of marg would be,

Still really wanting to munch !!!!! Can't think of anything to have that's ok either!!!!!! Any ideas anyone for syn free snacks that are likely to be hanging round the house!

Kat
x

didnt intend this to happen but somehow went off plan today. found my stash of curly wurleys and drank my weekends supply of lager (4 small bottles!!). ahhh well, not sure why, but this always happens when I get below 11. Its like I cant believe I can get lower so I eat more to prove it!!!

On the plus side I recognise I do this and so to help me this week, I have spent today in the kitchen with a copy of the latest slimming world magazine and made a weeks supply of dinner and lunches. Meat and potato pie, chicken and leek pie, spinach and feta pie (has this tonight), lasagne, south indian curry and butter chicken. will also make quorn chilli tomorrow and a bowl of cous cous and veg in the fridge for snacks.

so rubbish today, but hoping for a 100% run between now and next Sat.

not worth listing what I ate but reckon I had about 50 syns!!!!!!!!!!

thanks carrie. I think my problem is I have a drink and then my resolve not to sit and snack all evening goes out the window!!!! Still now I know so I can avoid it.

Forgot to log on and update yesterday so here is Monday's update first:

Bfast: quorn sausage, tinned toms and mushroom

Lunch: homemade beef lasagne with salad

Dinner: Butter chicken (from SW mag) 1.5 syn

Drink: 1 litre of water

HEA: milk for coffee
HEB: alpen light bar x2

Exercise: walk to and from station. 1/5hours of yoga class.

Syns: 1.5 in dinner, curly wurly 6 syns

total syns: 7.5syns

I know I just posted but I wanted to do today as a post on its on. Its WI day and for the 2nd week running Ive sts. I cant say Im suprised as Ive sneaked in too many extra syns. Ive been thinking long and hard about it and reviewed my diaries and I think there are a few things making it be a challenge: not planning, comfort eating and going over syns, having a glass of wine / beer or two and then snacking.

So, determined to lose weight this week, been hovering for three weeks around the almost a stone mark and really need to break through at next WI if Im to believe in myself. Ive cooked all my food for the week so I dont need to worry about it when I get home from work. Ive also decided to swap how Im counting my syns. Im going to give myself 70 to use over the week, trying to use them as evenly as possible. I think counting them this way will stop me going over one day and then getting disheartened. This way I feel I can make up for it the very next day. Not sure if its allowed as I do SW online rather than a class so cant ask, but Im going to try it this week and see how it works for me!
Im also going to be strict re: my alcohol intake as I know it makes me prone to snacking. Fingers crossed this will work for me...

Extra Easy as normal.

Bfast: quorn sausage, tinned toms and mushroom

lunch: south indian veggie curry (from SW mag) 2 syns. This tasted good and had an amazing aroma, but Im not sure it was worth 2 syns. Although I had the correct portion size I was really hungry and had to snack when I got home from work - which I normally don't feel like doing. Compared to the beef lasagne which was free, I felt a bit swizzed when all I was eating was carrot and courgette in coconut milk!!! Not sure Id bother making this again. Probably should have made a big bowl of rice to go with it, I guess.

dinner: chicken and leek pie (from SW mag). extra large portion so counting this as 2 syns. This was delicious, and will defo make it again. It cooked from cold (I prepared it on Saturday) really well and felt very warming and satisfying.

snacks: cooked roast beef, muller light yog, curly wurly (6), bottle of beer (6)

HEB: slice of wholemeal bread

exercise: walk to and from station, stretching exercises for physio

drink: 1.5 litres of water / cordial

total syns: 16 meaning I have 54 remaining for the week.

Feeling like I am slowly getting back on track.

Kat
x

Hey chick! I decided today to do the same thing with my syns too and count weekly! Same reason - to stop myself thinking oh well sod it I might as well eat everything now ;)

As far as the old alcohol goes - are you more of a wine or beer drinker? The reason I ask is that another minimins member posted on her specially made SW facebook today that Sainsbury's Crown Lager (4%) is only 1 syn per 440ml can! :eek: I was amazed....and chuffed! :D

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the week - sounds like you are totally prepared for it!! Bring on the 100% - I'll be there with you (fingers crossed!!) :D:D

Back