Katycakes Won't Give Up...

hey strong lady! you've done so amazing in the sense that not many people would of had the strength to resist that urge to eat the things! think how pants you would feel afterwards though.

i weighed daily last week and until friday nothing moved, over the weekend and to monday thats when the 4lb just dropped off, i was so depressed through the week, if i had of just waited while official weigh in i wouldnt of had those feelings, i know its so difficult not to weigh in each day though.

its looking the same this week aswell, its coming off though hun, and so are the inches, the same for you :)

keep strong you can do this - i know its not for everyone but sunday i did sole source + and that renewed me by monday
xxxx
xxx

Lol Sleepy!

Blondie, good advice... maybe the sts scales were a part of it all. And the SS+ is a thought as well, I did feel this morning as if I had used up all of my willpower... I will think about this. And the 4lb drop is very heartening, so thank you hun, all very much appreciated.

xxx

i felt exactly the same as you last week, and definately think that pmt was the biggest factor but i dont think the same number on the scales helped very much either each day.

this journey isnt too long (our bmi's are the same, and so are our goal bmi's) its not going to take very long and we dont have to abstain from the things we love forever, just think we could be done and dusted by march, and starting to feel more comfortable much sooner than that, giving us the rest of 2011 to enjoy us, the shopping trips, summertime etc. i bet you've got so much more will power and each day its getting bigger and stronger while you're getting slimmer, 2 weeks of no solid food is some amazing inner strength and you have definately helped me no end.

xxx

Hi Katy - Long time no see! Thanks for the message - I'm so happy to see everyone here again.

You are doing brilliantly! I so admire your strength to get back on SS. I just can't do it at the moment so am following WW most (or at least some :rolleyes:) of the time. Have lost a lb so far but then only just managed to drag myself through last week and had more off days than on...

I've heard of the Beck solution, but strangely enough never bought the book. That is unusual for me as I have at some point owned nearly every diet book out there (including those more about intuitive eating or CBT style books)...I might have to invest if it is any good.

I have a book called 100 days of weight loss. It's a book that gives you motivation and/or tips on how to keep going every day for 100 days. I dip in and out of it and like that it doesn't prescribe what diet I should be on.

Anyways - will go and read through some more diaries now. I haven't thought about eating for at least 10 minutes now so that's progress :D

Morning Katy, How did the mousse project go? Hope it worked well hun.
I've ordered the Beck book (again) I lent my previous one out and never had it returned. Aww for your ds, mine have years before they fly the nest yet but it does make me think how i'll be when they do. Damn that PMT and damn Fred too!
Have a fabby day hun
xx

Thanks Blondie, just noticed that BMI now & at goal are the same, that is great... we can egg each other on! Thanks for your support, it helps! Feeling very PMT this morning, it helps to know what is behind it in a funny way, fore-warned is fore-armed!

ALLI !!!! So fab to see you, love the new profile pic, your lovely dog you used to write about when he was a puppy & Bess would give you training tips etc... aw! Alli so lovely to see you, you have done brilliantly with maintaining so there's no need at all to do CD, WW will shave off those stray Xmas lbs in no time. Please keep posting though because the motivation does help I think, I would no way have got this far without it. I do like the Beck book, sounds a little like your 100 Days one, the tactics don't link directly to any one eating plan, & are tools you could use for life. (In my case, I will need to... I managed fairly well for a good while but little cracks began to reappear and then it all when pear shaped, literally, since October... so hoping that Beck will help me stop the rot before it gets that bad next time...) Hug for Alli, so lovely to see you.

Lelly, good morning! The mousse was lovely... a faff to make, and I didn't leave it quite long enough in fridge, but still yum and today's will be better as I will make it more in advance. It will be a lifeline after today when my last porridge will be gone (thought I'd use it yesterday but just had shakes after all then). Good tip and much appreciated Lelly! Gah, teenagers... my two are wired to the moon, son especially is on another planet most of the time! Enjoy the 'littley' years while you can, but the teen ones are fab as well, as long as you don't have PMT that is!!!

xxx

Day 15. TWO WEEKS DONE!!!! Yay!!!

A bloomin' miracle after yesterday, too. The scales moved this morning and put me at 12st 7 so that is a grand total of 2lbs off this week, I cannot moan as it's better than the other way around and I know that CD can be quite stop-start anyway. Scales said '7 & one-eighth', too, so hoping maybe for another drop tomorrow? However will adjust ticker according to this morning's stats.

I feel definitely pre-menstrual today, so expecting some challenges and hoping the fact that I am ready for them will help a bit. Yesterday morning scared me because it seemed to come out of nowhere and the cravings were so strong... today I will be ready, so watch out Fred, I am onto you. I have a quiet day in to work today and then at 3-ish a big drive to get daughter to orthodontist, quick shop & then another big drive, drop her to work & then call in to see mum and hope she is in better fettle today as yesterday she almost had me in tears on two separate occasions... I guess when you are 84 & depending on others you forget that sometimes they are overworked, over-stressed/stretched and hormonal and she is deaf & won't use her assorted aids so she can tell me off & I can't really reply/explain. I think she must have been having a bad few days as well, she is not always so demanding. Anyway, today will be different!

Two weeks, done, and 11lbs gone, and I am very happy with that!

xxx

Cross-posted Jess, thanks... wishing you a 'Thinner Thursday' too, let's both go for a 100% day!

xxx

Morning Katy and so well done on staying strong. Telling Fred to go forth and dealing with PMT is no mean feat. You go girl!!!

Kids.......wired to the moon. Love that!!

xxx

woohoo Katy 11lbs in 2 weeks is bl**dy brilliant!!!
Sending you calming vibes hunny, deep breaths n all that
xx

A bloomin' miracle after yesterday, too. The scales moved this morning and put me at 12st 7 so that is a grand total of 2lbs off this week, I cannot moan as it's better than the other way around and I know that CD can be quite stop-start anyway. Scales said '7 & one-eighth', too, so hoping maybe for another drop tomorrow? However will adjust ticker according to this morning's stats.

I feel definitely pre-menstrual today, so expecting some challenges and hoping the fact that I am ready for them will help a bit. Yesterday morning scared me because it seemed to come out of nowhere and the cravings were so strong... today I will be ready, so watch out Fred, I am onto you. I have a quiet day in to work today and then at 3-ish a big drive to get daughter to orthodontist, quick shop & then another big drive, drop her to work & then call in to see mum and hope she is in better fettle today as yesterday she almost had me in tears on two separate occasions... I guess when you are 84 & depending on others you forget that sometimes they are overworked, over-stressed/stretched and hormonal and she is deaf & won't use her assorted aids so she can tell me off & I can't really reply/explain. I think she must have been having a bad few days as well, she is not always so demanding. Anyway, today will be different!

xxx
Absolutely marvellous. Whadda girl??!! This time next week you will be reporting your first Stone :D

Sorry your mum got you down so much yesterday. I find it really peculiar that, despite how grown-up we are, the mother/daughter relationship never really changes. Maybe it is respect...I don't know. I spent most of my life trying to get Mummy's unconditional love and approval. Just for her to say once "I love you". The nearest she ever came was "Me too" when I said it to her, or "Do you? That's nice"

She's gone now, bless her and I tell myself that she did love me but just couldn't show it. It's probably because your mum loves you so much that she takes things out on you. Mums and Freds definitely have to be sorted out xxxx

Lovely words Chels, things much better than they used to be with me & Mum, perhaps because she needs me now, but yesterday she was yanking the strings a bit. Somtimes hate being compared to my bruv & lovely sis in law who doesn't work or have kids, they see mum for a 4 day break once or twice a year and sis in law takes her out for treats and shopping, but we live 36 miles from a town (75 from a city so forget that) and I work 7 days at points, and long hours often, and have kids and a life of my own... and for me, it's not 4 days once or sometimes twice a year but 361 days (or 357 if there are two trips north!). For me not the 'nice' shopping but the food stuff, utilities, hairdressers apps, opticians, doctors, hospital, etc etc, the repairs, the problems, the everyday hassles. The daily call ins to check if coal bucket is full, milk fresh, bedding clean. That doesn't get so many brownie points somehow.

Sigh. Rant over. And BREATHE!!!

All will be well today. Fred says so.

xxx

On a lighter note, did anyone watch 'Will Your Crash Diet Kill You?' I don't watch much TV but did see this. CD came out better than I thought.

xxx

Lovely words Chels, things much better than they used to be with me & Mum, perhaps because she needs me now, but yesterday she was yanking the strings a bit. Somtimes hate being compared to my bruv & lovely sis in law who doesn't work or have kids, they see mum for a 4 day break once or twice a year and sis in law takes her out for treats and shopping, but we live 36 miles from a town (75 from a city so forget that) and I work 7 days at points, and long hours often, and have kids and a life of my own... and for me, it's not 4 days once or sometimes twice a year but 361 days (or 357 if there are two trips north!). For me not the 'nice' shopping but the food stuff, utilities, hairdressers apps, opticians, doctors, hospital, etc etc, the repairs, the problems, the everyday hassles. The daily call ins to check if coal bucket is full, milk fresh, bedding clean. That doesn't get so many brownie points somehow.

Sigh. Rant over. And BREATHE!!!

All will be well today. Fred says so.

xxx

Aw babes, I feel for you. My youngest sister had that to a point, with my Mum. She wasnt working at the time and got to do all the sh**ty stuff with Mum, then on Saturdays I would take Mum out shopping, lunch, feed the ducks. We would have such a laugh. Precious memories. Susie didn't have that. However, she has the knowledge of knowing that she looked after Mum's EVERY need. I have the knowledge of not being able to be there for her when she was frightened, distressed or in pain. Not until the last week or so. Susie used to get it in the neck all the time, despite the fact that she did so much. Not fair is it?

Having said all that......it was the one and only time in my life that I was favourably compared to my two sisters. All my life I never quite measured up to either of them. In the middle and not fitting in anywhere, so I secretly enjoyed my little moment in the sun.

You are a good daughter, who is doing her very best..don't ever forget that xx

Thanks Chels. Fred is lurking but have made my choc mousse and am counting down the minutes till it sets... he will NOT get the better of me.

xxx

KC, I have just ordered the Beck book, £7.69 plus delivery within 24-48 hours. Bargain. I am looking forward to reading it.

Thanks for the heads up xx

Poor Katy - the Mum thing, I sympathise completely.

Lovely having 2 kids wired to the moon! What a fab expression! Lucky them!

Apart from the little problem of money, I know quite a few kids who have travelled (my own included) having spent all of their lives in the sticks but had a great time. Mine only went to Europe mind.....Still, it's lovely to hear distantly about Grand Schemes, especially as I am not the hormonal mother driven to distraction by her own, who has to deal with the practicalities!!

Well done on the 11lb losses! Marvelous! Should there be 2 'll's in that? xx

well done on the 11lb loss katy. I saw most of the crash diet programme (sky + the rest to watch tonight) and CD did seem to come out of it ok.

As for your son I know how you feel my daughter went to Peru volunteering in an orphanage last summer and this year she's off to China walking the Great Wall to raise money for Bowel Cancer Uk. She too is a student and due to the demands of her course doesn't have a job, but her Grandad left her some money, and she's using that to fund it, we've helped her out a little, with the cost but she paid for most of it herself. She says she wants to do these things while she's young and has no responsibilties, can't say I blame her ust wish I'd had the courage to do something like that when I was her age.

Last edited:

A bloomin' miracle after yesterday, too. The scales moved this morning and put me at 12st 7 so that is a grand total of 2lbs off this week

YAY great weight loss,:D your doing fab.x

Back