Katy's Diary: Skinny for Singapore

PrincessK4ty

Hi all,

I've been nosing around for a week or so and felt a bit rude so thought it was only fair that I posted my own diary :eek:)

I started on Dukan last Monday and from my first week, which was 5 days Attavh then 2 PV days I have lost 8.5lb. I'm over the moon about this!

Unfortuanately I have the awful daily weigher disease but thought creating my own diary would help me have somewhere to moan about that rather than to think eff the diet.

Please feel free to intriduce yourselves!!

My proudest acheivements from my first week are:
  • Sticking to the diet 100% (first diet I've managed to stick to throughout the weekend for 18 months)
  • Getting through the whole weekend without cheating
  • Loosing a massive 8.5lb
  • Getting 1lb below wheere I've been yo-yoing up and down the half a stone for 6 or more months.

I'm going to Singapore with my bf and his parents at the beginning of feb and hope to have got to my target by then.

Hope to hear from you,

Katy xxxxxx

Hi Katy, and well done on the loss!!! It's great that you've got your trip to keep you focused - it definitely helps. Looking forward to hearing how you get on :)x

Thanks ceridwen!! How have you been getting on? Have you been on Dukan for a long time?

So end of day 8 and it was a bit of a struggle going onto PP after 2 PV days but I managed it :eek:) even went to Pizza express with my friends who I haven't seen for a whole and sat and sipped on a lovely ice cold diet coke whilst they enjoyed their meals! Luckily they're all long term friends so it wasn't awkward or anything :eek:) another day closer to target!!

Katy xxx

I don't really like Pizza express... so it wasn't too hard...

Been realy struggling today! Doesn't help that someone placed a plate of biscuits in front of me at 10 am haha but my willpower makes me happy!!

Tamara you've done AMAZING!!! How long have you been on Dukan? We're of similar height so looking for the same results. I think my goal weight is slightly optimistic!! I started 18 months ago (not on Dukan) at 15st 11lb and got down to 11st 11lb so that's my first target :)

Hope you've had a good day xxx

Haha I would've found it hard to resist biscuits at that time i won't lie, Aww thank you Katy I've been on Dukan 14 weeks today I started on the third of July well my goal weight is my weight that the dukan website gave me really I'm going to keep going until christmas and see what I am then then re-evaluate it after christmas but probably I'm aiming for 10 st as i've only got 12lbs until true weight and I don't think there'll be too much of a difference :S well done on your loss from before :) x

I just have the mentality that a little slip up could cause me 3 more days at the end to get that over and after oct I have so much planned I'm gonna have to have a couple of days off plan so it's best to keep these to a minimum whilst I can!

I'm exactly the same as you with my true weight... I've set my target a bit lower... But it's all a bit unknown to me... I was 12st 6lb when I was 13 years old and that's the lowest I got to when I stuck to a diet to go on holiday so I don't really know what weight I will be happy with my size so it could kinda chop and change quite a lot! But nothing has to be set in stone!

Wow you've done amazingly in 14 weeks! How have you kept yourself sane? Haha do you do much exercise? Xxx

I'm the same as you then this is the smallest I've been since I was about 14 I only know because I fitted into my school clothes when i was trying on all my old clothes a few weeks back and they were baggy :/ so weight wise i don't know what I want to be I just think it's when i feel happy :) but in the 10's somewhere probably, yeah if you have a few things coming up that's probably best then, tbh i don't know i've been really strict with myself as something just clicked in my head that i wanted to do it for real instead of saying ill start next monday like i used to I am proud of myself as I wasn't really a huge eater before dukan but i used to love a good night out and with loads of drink involved haha.. :/ When i first started the diet I was exercising quite a lot a bit of jogging 30 day shred, pump it up DVD but the last few weeks i haven't really done much beacuse I've been ill/busy with work not an excuse really but i just have no motivation exercise wise haha :( xx

Hahaha! Trying on your school clothes makes me chuckle!! I wish I had mine to try on! Although I can still fit into my holy communion dress from when I was 8 apart from the boobies I grew haha!!

I wouldn't worry too much about the exercise! Sometimes work and other commitments get in the way! It's rubbish but as long as you try and do as much as possible then unfortunately it's just how life is!

It's so good when you get in the right head space and just go for it! Xxx

So day 9 is over and done with... But I know I haven't eaten anywhere near enough. All I've had is 2 boiled eggs for breakfast, and a pack if prawns think there was about 200g and then some muffins this evening managed 3L of water, 4 green teas and a little bit of sparking water! I was gonna make burgers for dinner... But my lovely mother forgot to take the mince out of the freezer! The joys of being out of the house from 7am to 10pm!

Wasn't a case of not wanting to eat... It's finding the time and not picking up something convienient! I really struggle with lunches at work on PP days! Although I was proud considering 4 weeks ago at college if be munching away on 2 bars of chocolate and today I drank my 1L of water :)

Tomorrow I must eat more!!!

Hi Katy! Welcome to Dukan. 8.5lb is an amazing loss for your first week so firstly you should be very proud of that :)

Secondly, i struggle with lunches at work so i just take a big bowl of sugarfree jelly, ham/beef/chicken/turkey slices, chicken drumsticks/thighs and also quiche is quite handy and is tasty cold. Also yoghurt if you are eating yoghurts.

At night i enjoy eating dippy eggs with meat soldiers, either steak, sausage, bacon or chicken.

On PV its always nice to have a big english breakfast!

Good luck with your journey it will be well worth it :) xx

Thanks ceridwen!! How have you been getting on? Have you been on Dukan for a long time?

Hi Katy!! I started on 31st May, and reached my goal on 2nd September. I'm now consolidating! I still weigh 9.7, so it seems to be working. What I like about this diet is that you don't have to weigh things or calorie count, also you have to cut out all the processed foods/alcohol during the first 2 phases which makes you feel a lot healthier.

It sounds like you're doing great so far!x

Welcome Katy I've just found your diary so will follow your journey. Good luck xxx

Back