kebabs and burgers etc

beccaharrison89

Gold Member
i treat myself once a week to a takeaway and i try and not have many other syns through the week.
if i had a kebab is all meat free - donner, shish chicken?
and is it only the pitta you have to syn?

does anyone know how many syns a burger from a takeaway is?

and i tend to have small fries too ? how many syns are these?

if someone could help on this it would be great as i norm have something like this once a week

If you do a search there are loads of threads about kebabs and chips. Not so sure about the burger but there may well be something on that too.

doner meat is not free, chicken & lamb shish is, a large(takeaway size) white pitta is about 9 syns, i throw that away & put a small wholemeal one in the toaster as a HEB
i would have thought takeaway burgers would be high in syns as they tend to be cheaper burgers with a high fat content.
i always syn chips as 2 syns per fried chip

lamb doner meat only ee 2.5 r 2.5 g 5.5 per 28g
small doner 8, 8, 16
large 12.5 12.5 24.5 !!

Online it says fish and chip shop chips (thinner ones would be worse i think because they absorb more fat)
Average portion 227g ee/g- 17.5, r- 27
Large portion- 340 - ee-g- 26, r- 40.5

So on green/ee thats 7.5 syns for 100g (if my maths is right!) so you'd need to weigh your portion to see how big it is, hope this helps!

Omg thats a lot of syns.
Really confused bou the meat from takeaway as some people say all the meat is free abd you just ave to count the pitta and sauce and others say you ave to syn the meat too ?

So need to know as this is one of my faves and i norm have it as my treat

see above for syns for doner meat only, bear in mind 28g/1oz is not alot of meat, but you definately have to syn doner meat as its very fatty, even if you swapped the white pitta for a wholemeal pitta (HEB) ud still have to syn the meat & sauce

if you have a chicken/lamb shish(chicken/lamb pieces) that would be free on a red day as its just meat & not processed in any way, swap the white pitta for wholemeal(1xHEB) then all you would have to syn is the sauce on a red day

Thanks sammi you have helped me out. I norm have a mix of chicken,shish and donner but now i wilk just leave out the donner and enjoy the other mainly syn free

I woulda so bear in mind that meet for kebabs (especially) is marinated in atlases oil and god knows what else
Make your own kebabs a hundred times healthier and very easy too

So coz they cooked in all that i would have to syn them wouldnt i? ? ?
Its my treat once a week so i try and hardly have any syns throught the week.
Would love to no exactly amount syns that my treat came too so i would no how many stil gt left through week

Omg thats a lot of syns.
Really confused bou the meat from takeaway as some people say all the meat is free abd you just ave to count the pitta and sauce and others say you ave to syn the meat too ?

So need to know as this is one of my faves and i norm have it as my treat

All the donner meat I have come across has been very very very greasy so not it is not free.

I have started making the home made donner meat from this forum and it is really really nice and is free so you can have the treat without using the syns :)

Not the best cook, and the recipe dont seem that easy to me haha, will have a look back over it and see

You don't need to be lol

Before I started Slimming World I was the kind of cook who took the packet out the freezer and into the oven for MOST things. One of the bigest reasons I got to the size I am now :eek:

Now although I am not doing that anymore most of the things I am making on slimming world have as little preparation as humanly possible.

The Donner meat took me literally 10 minutes to prepare this morning and is sitting waiting to be put in the oven this afternoon. Also I know every bodies tastes are different but I don't parboil my potatoes before I roast them or make SW Chips I just chick them in the oven. (less Prep)

;) Keep life simple.

I don't know about anyone else but the pitta is easily got rid of anyway its dry and tasteless

I'm gonna have 2 Large Shishs as dropped out of bottom of target so will be safe on a gain if it happens will leave the pittas tho

Back