keep calm and keep positive

calmk2202

Another year and another stone overweight - sitting at the computer feeling down yet another year gone and I'm still not pre pregnancy weight. I should add that my kids are 16,14 and 11!

I am aiming for 2012 to be the year i lose the extra 5 stone i have put on over the years.

I have finally got the courage to post on here and would like to say thank you to the people who are on the inspiration slide show and the posts on this forum.
To see the difference in how happy everyone is by achieving makes me more motivated.

Good luck to all who will be making the same journey as me .

Calmk2202

Hiya and welcome to Minis :) Good luck with your weight loss journey xx

Hi, like you im new here and my son is 11 too and ive been huge since having him too! Like you ive tried and failed, tried and failed but not this time, I spent my 30's being fat but I wont spend my 40's the same way! Good luck

Sent from my LT15i using MiniMins

Hi, thanks for your encouragement. Did some keep fit today using the xbox kinect - borrowed hubbys kickboxing game . might try dance central tomorrow . managed to warm up and do some star jumps - and was quite good at the plank . Hubby got me a 2 in 1 cross trainer and bike for xmas and got sky wired into my gym/garage/storeroom.
I have advised the family to be hard with me and nag/encourage me to do at least half an hour to an hour of keeping fit . Will do my first weigh in for 2012 on Jan 1st.

Dance central is ace!! I love dancing and I have talked my son into bringing the Xbox back downstairs so I can go on it again :-D good luck and I look forward to reading your thread x

i love dancing with the kids - got abba and michael jackson for the wii for xmas .
if you dont have the wii just put some music on and dance - remember to close the curtains or your neighbours look at you and smile .
If your kids are really young take them out in the pram and meet up with some other mums. i used a mums website to find out about local meet ups for pram walks when my young uns were very young.

Today my ankles feel sore - i know it is because i'm overweight and its my bodys way of telling me to get off my bottom and sort myself out. Went shopping with hubby - i look like a right flumpalump next to him. i want to be the slim woman he married - he loves me no matter what size i am and encourages me to eat healthy and get fit. thinking about slimming club - just need the confidence to go to one again. tried to do situps yesterday = massive fail . my tummy hurt too much. one good thing tho - i can cope with doing the plank. finally able to put the wii back on - xmas tree took down and xmas lights switched off. gonna try a dance workout on wii - try out some of the xmas pressies i got from the kids. got a wedding in summer so would like to be thinner. watched a programme on mtv where someone loses weight over 140 days. feeling motivated - but ankles hurt. anyone else from south nottingham want to go to slimming world but need a buddy . i dont like going to slimming clubs by myself cos i make excuses not to go.if i have to go cos someone is relying on me too then i think i would be more motivated. more challenging.

hello there Calmk2202 , I so understand what you are saying about wanting to be the slim woman your husband married again!!!
I have GOT TO lose about 70lbs and this year I want to do it befor it's too late, I feel like my body is giving up under the strain of lugging my 222lbs around!!! See you around on here methinks ;-) Good luck!

taking the plunge - going to slimming club tonight. feeling nervous and have butterflies!

Good luck, you'll be fine. I'm thinking of rejoining slimming world. Xx

Back