Keep Putting Off the Restart

Tootiefrootie

Wants it Gone!
Afternoon everyone

Ive been toying with the idea of going back onto LT, I was on it a few years back, lost a few stone and of course with life and not really addressing my relationship with food, the weight has piled back on again.

I decided that enough was enough and that I would go to the chemist and get the shakes... but I thought that with exams coming up (finished yesterday) that there is no point in putting myself through hell until they were over. Had all the greatest intention of going to the chemist yesterday and getting the shakes.. instead I well stayed at home and vegged.

Today Im feeling worse for wear, I feel so fat and I dont know how to put it but gggrrrrr. The chemist is closed today so I cant go today, so tomorrow it is.

Plus Im worrying about what Im going to say to people, they were not very happy when I was on LT the last time and told me never to go on it again! Should I just the mouth, say nothing and for the next two months dodge any engagements?

Can anyone give their tuppence worth? I need a good kick up the backside.

Hiya
Eh, been there, and got the t-shirt and it is good that you are having thoughts about whether to start or not......I did too! It isnt an easy road to take and you need your head in the right place to start! BUT, if it is what you want, go for it!

I am on again too,,,,almost finish Week 1, and I have only told my hubby and a friend and that is it, as I got a very bad reaction regarding LT with others. I havent lied, it just hasnt come up in conversation, so I leave it be.

You know LT works, but it is hard work, but worth it for the results. Only you can decide, but for every day you dont start, are you gaining weight? If so, think what you will feel like in a month's time when the weather hots up even more! Just bite the bullet, if it is what you want and think how different you will feel in a month!

HOpe you make the right decision for you.

Take care.

At the end of the day, it is your body and your life. You successfully lost weight before via LT. Your friends/family must remember how good you felt back then. Explain to them that it is a medically supervised diet and that in addition to following the programme you intend to do a lot of hard thinking about food and your relationship with it. Ask them to support you in both of these goals. You might be surprised that if you take a positive approach with people then they may be more supportive of you.
By all means, keep it to yourself that you are resarting but only if it is for privacy not because you are afraid of bad reactions from people. You should be proud of the fact that you are being proactive in doing something about your weight gain.
Hop on the forum here any time for support and lots of luck in your journey.

Back