keep strong

fragglerock64

Silver Member
Just want to say to any of you who work for HBOS or LLoydsTsb keep strong and focused in these troubled times.:eek::eek::eek::eek::):):):):)

XXX

Lloyds TSB are OK, they are taking over the world!!!

Halifax can do one as far as I'm concerned....

I lost my debit card last Friday so went down the branch on Saturday to cancel & get some cash out to tide me over until I received the new one.

Some idiot reviewed my overdraft limit on Friiday (3500) & pulled it to zero !

No prior notice to me, no official communication to me to date, only via the branch... just available balance = zero.

OK I've been living in it for the past year & I know an overdraft is a privilege, not a right but to pull an ARRANGED overdraft like that with no consideration is outrageous in my opinion.

I've got my current account, mortgage & credit card with Halifax, I've never missed a payment, failed a DD or went over the arranged limit... it shocked & confused me at the time but seeing the news over the past couple of days it's all slotted into place...

I did have 700 quid available to me last Friday... now I've got the cash in my pocket (30 odd quid) & a credit card to last me to payday 6th...

I've gone & opened a current account with Nat West (RBOS are bitter rivals to HBOS so an extra sweetner) & plan to get all my DDs & salary payment over there ASAP as I've also got petrol expenses from work coming back to me soon that I need in the new account. I'm also looking to move my credit card & mortgage from Halifax at the earliest opportunity...

The daft thing is Nat West said I'm pre-approved for a 4k overdraft !!! Stuff that though - not getting bitten again...

Halifax can for the 2800 overdraft I owe em... I'll pay it off in my own good time now... faaark em !

Their loss too as I've just had a 500 quid net pay increase per month... :p

Apols to any HBOS employees on here but I cannot believe a long-standing loyal Customer like myself could be treated like that...

I have been involved in a redundancy threat in the past it was an awful time and my thoughts go out to anyone affected by the recent HBOS news.
Keep strong x

i work in HR and had to make nearly 100 colleagues redundant last year - i was one of those affected so at least i knew how they felt....i work for myself now - not going through that again. Thinking of anyone affected by job losses - it really is the pits but there is always light at the end of the tunnel x x x

i work in HR and had to make nearly 100 colleagues redundant last year - i was one of those affected so at least i knew how they felt....i work for myself now - not going through that again. Thinking of anyone affected by job losses - it really is the pits but there is always light at the end of the tunnel x x x

Well said.
The redundancy threat I went through made me a much stronger person.
Previously I worked very long hours sometimes sadly to the detriment of family and friends.
It made me stop and look at my life and realise what is important. I realised that no matter how hard and well you work in your professional life firstly it should never take priority over the special people in your life and secondly sadly in a lot of cases in a work environment to a lot of companies (but not all) you are just a number.

They've been taken over by Lloyds TSb as they were having financial problems

Well said.
The redundancy threat I went through made me a much stronger person.
Previously I worked very long hours sometimes sadly to the detriment of family and friends.

we must so know each other lol!!

Right... an update... I'm working at home today which gave me the chance to get shizz sorted like getting new inhalers, watching the Villa match & sorting out new bank / old bank stuff...

I spoke with Halifax & they more or less gave an apology & said I hadn't been runing my account badly - just that the overdraft had reached it's term & nobody had renewed it.. they've slapped back on 3500... & refunded me all charges...

However earlier I had opened up a Nat West account & even though I said I only wanted a ton overdraft they slapped on 5k :eek:

Who's for a pint ? :D

Think I'm still gonna go with NatWest... just don't trust Halifax anymore....

That said I hope the employees get treated fairly in this saga... my local Halifax branch is smack dead opposite a Llyods TSB branch so I don't hold out much hope for them :wave_cry:

All i can say is thank god i jacked in being an investment banker and became a lowly paid NHS employee ! Halifax are cack i stopped banking with them when they accidently cleared my account one day, couldnt find the money then had the cheek to charge me for DD's bouncing before they put it back! hmmmmm

Halifax are cack i stopped banking with them when they accidently cleared my account one day, couldnt find the money then had the cheek to charge me for DD's bouncing before they put it back! hmmmmm

Tell me about it !!! They tried to charge for me a card payment made on the Friday BEFORE they pulled the overdraft :confused:

I wonder if this sudden change of heart from Halifax has anything to do with the planned merger & they're no longer frantically trying to tighten their belts... all I know was that the Branch manager last Saturday effectively told me they could do nothing for me, it was my problem & I needed to sort out my 'debt' with them... :eek::mad:

For any prospective laaaaydies out there... I am a good catch, have a good job & not really a financial liability :eek:

Tell me about it !!! They tried to charge for me a card payment made on the Friday BEFORE they pulled the overdraft :confused:

I wonder if this sudden change of heart from Halifax has anything to do with the planned merger & they're no longer frantically trying to tighten their belts... all I know was that the Branch manager last Saturday effectively told me they could do nothing for me, it was my problem & I needed to sort out my 'debt' with them... :eek::mad:

For any prospective laaaaydies out there... I am a good catch, have a good job & not really a financial liability :eek:

lol HD -you truly know how to warm a woman's heart 'not really a financial liability' lol -move over Mr Darcy HD in the house! purrr

Back